Old 28-10-2006, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberries

Variously it was written :
Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.
D.Mentor.

Quiet it might be, but it's questionable it will ever be as useful a
resource without the expertise and knowledge of Sacha, Judith, David and
Janet.

I don't think "expertise and knowledge" was ever the problem,
it was the manner in which they went about dispensing it and the bitching
and bees to honeypots that went with it that was the prob.
To substitute this group for a real social life was a mistake that they
frequently made.

Reading this group became too much of a trial in separating the signal from
the noise, so I didn't eventually, resorting to looking in from time to
time once in a 6month or so.

If they really have gone ( ! ? ) then it may well be worth paying more
frequent visits,,,
Old 28-10-2006, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dementor" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

"Dementor" wrote in message

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days,

PLONK

Thankee kindly, and in Capitals, too!

Nym shifting turd! I can repeatedly PLONK you so keep up the nym
shifts and I'll just keep PLONKING you.

Old 28-10-2006, 01:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberries OT

"June Hughes" wrote in message
As one of the people accused (wrongly) by Sacha, and having been

abused
by her several times during the past ten or so years, I am relieved

that
she has gone, (or that she says she has gone). She accused me of
something I was not guilty of and I cannot forgive her for that.

Were
she to apologise, I would gladly do so but that is highly unlikely.

June the world we deal with is made up of fringe dwellers and hearth
dwellers. If Sacha was one of your fringe dwellers then it is easier
to just let it go. If she was a hearth dweller and upset you then
that is a different matter.

Usenet is not the real world. It's just entertainment or diversion or
sometimes even a learning aid.

Old 28-10-2006, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:45:16 +0100, June Hughes
wrote:
In message , JennyC
writes
"June Hughes" wrote
I believe that, in the world of witchcraft, 'covens' include men.
June Hughes
According to Wikipedia the whole of URG is a coven :~))))
Coven or covan was originally a late medieval Scots word (c1500) meaning a
gathering of any kind, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. It
derives from the Latin root word convenire meaning to come together or to
gather, which also gave rise to the English word convene.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coven

Jenny (of the purple broomstick........)

Oh well, there you go. Learning all the time

I'd never have guessed the colour of Jenny's broomstick.

BTW if you join Manchester City Library

Ha, Manchester! Evenin' or perhaps mornin' to you good folks, more
likely, I felt this just like a queue in my back.

Lovely night here in manc. Rain stops. She's so 'imprevisible' isn't
she. You feel her to your bones, at least you did today. On and on she
goes and went, but when she stops we are all out ! Just left a Northern
soul soiree, yesss, very nice and the company totally delicious. Met a
wonderful woman who I met many years ago, and has now open a superb
sensory garden outside the city centre. She did it with formidable
people who have all work towards the creation of a health community
building, from needle exchange to simple child care needs, the whole
social inner city shenanigans thangs, but with a garden as well. And
that is very special. The garden I visited this summer was minute, but
hundred of souls work in there and benefit like you couldn't imagine,
and the place felt just like the place you want to be, like your space,
your place, saw and felt nobody around, you know what I mean, I'm sure.
And these are not song lyrics ;o)

Tonight's colours are fantastic and the walk home was soggie, the
leaves sticking to our shoes, the smell of damp wood everywhere, in our
nostrils and in our mouths, and we all jumped to the occasional BANG!!!
followed by the wiff of sulphur, coal, tyre and burnt wood. No
barbecues here, nope. But lots of far away laughters, screams and
traffic noise, the moving of a lot of people, in groups and in gangs
and car stereos. I'm blessed with living in all the worlds in one, a
city with millions of trees and I even cuddled a pony on my way home,
I'm not kidding. This country is a garden, I tell you. They don't show
that on Location location location.

Well, I'm sorry if I annoyed some of you. I didn't mean to. You are
what you is (and she knows who she is). I just didn't get the aggresive
tones and it got to me and I never was rude, ever. From where I've
stood it looked really obvious and I have still no regrets, non rien de
rien, but I feel just perhaps a slight feeling that I want to
apologise. I'm not sure what about. Just apologise for letting you all
without some of the posters you once had here, some of you miss others,
but I still can't understand why I should be to blame.

It's late and tomorrow is a pumpkin and apple day at the Vale. I
promised to be there - I hope you all enjoy the times that the season
gives us. It's a bloody good day ahead, it's all what I can see from
here anyway )

Old 28-10-2006, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
, Farm1
writes
"June Hughes" wrote in message
As one of the people accused (wrongly) by Sacha, and having been

abused
by her several times during the past ten or so years, I am relieved

that
she has gone, (or that she says she has gone). She accused me of
something I was not guilty of and I cannot forgive her for that.

Were
she to apologise, I would gladly do so but that is highly unlikely.

June the world we deal with is made up of fringe dwellers and hearth
dwellers. If Sacha was one of your fringe dwellers then it is easier
to just let it go. If she was a hearth dweller and upset you then
that is a different matter.

Usenet is not the real world. It's just entertainment or diversion or
sometimes even a learning aid.

Some of us here have known each other a very long time. Not quite as
simple as you make out.
--
June Hughes

Old 28-10-2006, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Bowman
writes
[...]

I don't recall Judith or David Poole being nasty to anyone.
--
June Hughes
Old 28-10-2006, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message

Some of us here have known each other a very long time. Not quite as
simple as you make out.
--
June Hughes

And that was part of the problem. Too familiar and treated urg as a 'meeting
place', a 'chat room'. It could be likened to a stranger going into a pub
and sitting in a certain chair, "Don't sit there mate, Old George will be in
soon. That's 'his' chair. Sat there for 40 years now"

Think about it and the attitude which has been 'imposed' by the 'owners'

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 28-10-2006, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Mike
writes
"June Hughes" wrote in message

Some of us here have known each other a very long time. Not quite as
simple as you make out.
--
June Hughes

And that was part of the problem. Too familiar and treated urg as a 'meeting
place', a 'chat room'. It could be likened to a stranger going into a pub
and sitting in a certain chair, "Don't sit there mate, Old George will be in
soon. That's 'his' chair. Sat there for 40 years now"

Think about it and the attitude which has been 'imposed' by the 'owners'

Well, yes but that is the attitude apparent in most clubs (possibly even
yours).
--
June Hughes
Old 28-10-2006, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote

BTW if you join Manchester City Library you get free online access to
the OED, Britannica ... and a lot of other reference books. Membership
is free and open to anybody. Membership card, UserrID and password is
provided by return of post.
Application form at
http://www.manchester.gov.uk/libraries/online/join.htm
Martin

OK!!
Thanks :~)
Jenny

Old 28-10-2006, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote
Martin wrote:
writes
Jenny (of the purple broomstick........)

Oh well, there you go. Learning all the time

I'd never have guessed the colour of Jenny's broomstick.

BTW if you join Manchester City Library

Ha, Manchester! Evenin' or perhaps mornin' to you good folks, more
likely, I felt this just like a queue in my back.

Hello !!!! Welcome back :~)

[...]

Pictures I wanna see pictures.....

Tonight's colours are fantastic and the walk home was soggie, the
leaves sticking to our shoes, the smell of damp wood everywhere, in our
nostrils and in our mouths, and we all jumped to the occasional BANG!!!
followed by the wiff of sulphur, coal, tyre and burnt wood. No
barbecues here, nope. But lots of far away laughters, screams and
traffic noise, the moving of a lot of people, in groups and in gangs
and car stereos. I'm blessed with living in all the worlds in one, a
city with millions of trees and I even cuddled a pony on my way home,
I'm not kidding. This country is a garden, I tell you. They don't show
that on Location location location.

The situation here in Rotterdam ... Huge metropolis but where I am I have
masses of birds on the feeders, frogs in the canal out back and even a
visiting hedgehog :~)

Well, I'm sorry if I annoyed some of you. I didn't mean to. You are
what you is (and she knows who she is). I just didn't get the aggresive
tones and it got to me and I never was rude, ever. From where I've
stood it looked really obvious and I have still no regrets, non rien de
rien, but I feel just perhaps a slight feeling that I want to
apologise. I'm not sure what about. Just apologise for letting you all
without some of the posters you once had here, some of you miss others,
but I still can't understand why I should be to blame.

I hope the people who have left will also return in the same spirit that you
have expressed :~)))))

It's late and tomorrow is a pumpkin and apple day at the Vale. I
promised to be there - I hope you all enjoy the times that the season
gives us. It's a bloody good day ahead, it's all what I can see from
here anyway )

Have a nice day and take some nice autumy pictures for us all to enjoy....
:~)
Jenny

Old 28-10-2006, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dementor" wrote in message

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days,

PLONK

Thankee kindly, and in Capitals, too!

Nym shifting turd! I can repeatedly PLONK you so keep up the nym
shifts and I'll just keep PLONKING you.

Will you stop that, darling, it tickles!

--

Mentor
Old 28-10-2006, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:39:14 GMT, Bowman
wrote:

[...]

Indeed, Long reign peace!

D.men/tor
Old 28-10-2006, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote

Usenet is not the real world. It's just entertainment or diversion or
sometimes even a learning aid.

Well said Farm :~))
Jenny

Old 28-10-2006, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:19:32 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

Well, I'm sorry if I annoyed some of you. I didn't mean to. You are
what you is (and she knows who she is). I just didn't get the aggresive
tones and it got to me and I never was rude, ever. From where I've
stood it looked really obvious and I have still no regrets, non rien de
rien, but I feel just perhaps a slight feeling that I want to
apologise. I'm not sure what about. Just apologise for letting you all
without some of the posters you once had here, some of you miss others,
but I still can't understand why I should be to blame.

I hope the people who have left will also return in the same spirit that you
have expressed :~)))))

Per-lease! are you deranged?.

Peace and sanity has just broken out. Enjoy it.

De Man.
Old 28-10-2006, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 04:18:57 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

The message from "La Puce" contains these words:

Ha, Manchester! Evenin' or perhaps mornin' to you good folks,

I thought you'd buggered off? Should've known you didn't mean it! 8-(

Perhaps she's out of re-hab.

De Man

Yields of raspberries and blueberries WCD Edible Gardening 0 14-05-2003 07:44 PM
Asparagus and raspberries..will they coexist? Scott Edible Gardening 1 13-05-2003 12:56 PM
Blueberries and Raspberries Bob Lawns 0 27-04-2003 01:44 PM
Thorn-free raspberries? Minteeleaf Edible Gardening 2 14-02-2003 04:27 PM
How do I grow raspberries and blueberries? lcain Edible Gardening 5 11-02-2003 04:25 AM