Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default potatoes

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

You cannot for some really obscure reasons give me the time of day. I
don't know why. Really I don't. Maybe you are xenophobe, maybe you are
jealous.

:-))

Because sacha is sacha, an 'owner' of uk.rec.gardening :-((((

(By the way, did you know she learnt all there is to know about gardening
from Adam?)

Stand your ground to the Bullies

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 01-02-2007, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 1, 4:30 pm, "La Puce" wrote:
lash. As for those emails claims I don't even want to understand

La pucewww.urbed.coop

Mrs. Rudlin, I can post proof here to repudiate your claims and lies
if you wish, but Nick Falk, of NOT, your company in London has copies
and he has replied to me accordingly. I am very happy with the two
letters he sent me, including a copy of a letter he sent to your
husband asking him to put you straight about claiming that the London
office was "your" office. Nick also asked your husband to put you
right on the matter of your claims on urg that I had contacted and
made a nusiance of myself by getting in contact with URBED London.He
apologised for your behaviour, confirmed in writing, that I had never
done so and that I had NEVER telephoned him/URBED. My employers have
copies of his letters. I am indebted to Dr. Nicholas Falk for the
way in which he dealt with this matter.

you are talking about. The fact remains that the person concerned has
achieved nothing.

Wrong,do you wish me to post here, Dr. Falk's 2 letters to me, I am
quite prepared to do so to prove what a liar you are.

You have misguided that poor woman and ran her into
serious trouble.

Absolute rubbish, my employers told you your malicious complaints were
unfounded and they also told you they would not communicate with you
further. Next time you complain about me, let me know so that I can
quote you with your original complaint number .

perhaps is something you cannot forgive

What cannot be forgiven is that you are an absolute liar who will
bring down the wrath of decent people time and time again, you malign
people,you give worthless advice, at times, but you back yourself into
a corner, and you become like a cornered rat. You poor woman, I am
aware that you had a troubled childhood but so do many people and they
do not behave in the rotten way you do.
I will not retaliate to any response you may make to this posting, but
I will contact Nick in London with a full print out of the above and
any more malicious emails that I may receive from you.

Judith Lea at home

Old 01-02-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 19:47, "
wrote:

Judith Lea at home

That's about all you can do. This thread is about potatoes Judith. Do
you know about potatoes or do you ask your gardener?

La puce
www.urbed.com

Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 1, 4:30 pm, "La Puce" wrote:
[...]

Why on earth don't you put her in your killfile?

Alan

Old 01-02-2007, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 22:25, "Alan Holmes" wrote:

Why on earth don't you put her in your killfile?

If only you could be in mine ... somebody help.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 1/2/07 12:35, in article, "La Puce" wrote:

snip

This hatred towards me arrised when I stood by my guns. I have no

time
for them and do not even bother reading them. Fortunately, I'm not

the
only one either. Everyone is welcome in this forum - be it the

little
ladies spending time sharing recipes and gossips to the

professionals
sharing their passion. I only wish the old loons would give up on

me
though.

Since you have dredged the subject up again, I will take the right

to reply.
(Snip)

You drove to be photographed outside my home merely to let me know
you'd got the instincts of a stalker

And to add further to the record, my first contact with La Puce was
when she came stalking another urg regular who also regularly posted
in another newsgroup. On first reading Puce's posts in that other
nwesgroup, my initial response was to immediately post back to that
newsgroup the warning "Stalker alert".

La Puce has since denied having stalked the urg regular but given the
nature of what she wrote about the urg regular there is absolutely no
doubt that she both went stalking and was trying to create mischief
against the person she was stalking. The only result in that other
newsgroup was that she managed to bring back into urg the resident
loony who took to crossposting in both newsgroups.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:40:27 +1100, "Farm1"

please@askifyouwannaknow
wrote:

I've just got to ask. Why would one bother to chit potatoes? By

that
I mean what are the advantages of chitting over not chitting them.

If I recall, last year or the one before, on Gardeners' World they

did
a trial to see if chitting gave a better crop.
I seem to remember that they came to the conclusion that chitting is

good idea for earlies, to get them going quicker, but it made no
difference for maincrops.

I assume that they chitted some of the earliest and didn't chit other
earlies?

I have a friend who has good potato crops and never bothers chitting
any of them.

:-)) Oh goodie. Nice to know I'm not the only one to nonchit.

However, it is better to have them in the light so that they form
short green shoots, than in the dark where they sproug long,

etiolated
shoots. Timing is essential, to get them just right for planting
time. (traditionally Good Friday; April 6th this year)

Here planting time is any time after the last frosts for the season,
but given that my district has been known to have frosts in almost
every month of the year, then that is a bit of a canard.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1/2/07 22:25, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 1, 4:30 pm, "La Puce" wrote:
[...]

Because of the damage she does, Alan, for heaven's sake! If we ALL kill
file her she can go on spreading this poison unhindered. I would never have
replied to her if she hadn't again started on about members of this group
and I quote from her post:

"Everyone is welcome in this forum - be it the little
ladies spending time sharing recipes and gossips to the professionals
sharing their passion. I only wish the old loons would give up on me
though."

From the above it isn't hard to see that, with her lowest possible RHS
quali, she regards herself as a 'professional' and the rest of the women who
post here as 'little ladies'. That remark was a deliberate insult and as
long as she does that, I'll challenge her. There are people posting here
who have never been near an RHS exam who could wipe the floor with her
monstrous ego.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 01-02-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 1/2/07 22:25, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 1, 4:30 pm, "La Puce" wrote:
[...]

From the above it isn't hard to see that, with her lowest possible RHS
quali, she regards herself as a 'professional' and the rest of the women
who
post here as 'little ladies'. That remark was a deliberate insult and as
long as she does that, I'll challenge her. There are people posting here
who have never been near an RHS exam who could wipe the floor with her
monstrous ego.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

OK--OK I *shall* un killfile her and be subjected to her crap. I hold you
totally responsible as I will need a psychiatric retreat for a few months.
Has anyone noticed the subtle difference between urbed (lon) and urbed
(man).
There seems to be a debate about the "e".

Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 23:22, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:
OK--OK I *shall* un killfile her and be subjected to her crap. I hold you
totally responsible as I will need a psychiatric retreat for a few months.

I'm sure they'll be pleased to see you again grin

Has anyone noticed the subtle difference between urbed (lon) and urbed
(man).
There seems to be a debate about the "e".

Our London office was established in the 70s. In 1990 my husband was
appointed for a project in Bradford for a year and then once finished
continued working for the london office from our house in Manchester.
After finishing working for a French housing regeneration network, I
joined several months later, which suited me since my second born
arrived, and we slowly established the manchester office from our
attic. The london office is run by 3 wonderful people who are now at
the retirement age. They however carry on the economic development and
research side of our company, whilst we have developed into
masterplanners, designers and environmentalists, hence the company
split last April, where we became totally separate companies, with a
different structure. We have become a workers cooperative and now
employ 16 people, whereas in London they are 3. We however try to work
together and have established a Trust.

I hope this helps your questions regarding my company, yes, my
company. If you have any further questions, please take this to email
to me and please tell Judith that not only she will not speak to my
husband as she has tried to do in the past, she will not severe the
long term relationship and friendship I have had with my colleagues.
This woman is completely deluded. I will also contact her employer
regarding her stalking and constant harrassement regarding my
business.

I want to go back to discussing what I like best - horticulture. I am
not a professional, and neither is Sacha, Judith and yourself Ruppert.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 22:45, "Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:
:-)) Oh goodie. Nice to know I'm not the only one to nonchit.

No. I suspect you're not the only one in the world either.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article
, Farm1
writes

The only result in that other
newsgroup was that she managed to bring back into urg the resident
loony who took to crossposting in both newsgroups.

I think it's just sad that she has put off many gentle souls who
occasionally posted but mostly lurked here to gain gardening tips and
knowledge.

Personally I miss Janet B's dry sense of humour and nuggets of
information, I miss David's wonderful prose and expertise in all things
tropical and there are several more posters who I haven't seen for ages.

On another note - I also think she'd be surprised at just how many
people have taken the RHS exam and passed, some without even once
spouting the scientific text word for word when answering a query! Some
just take the course and don't even sit the exam.

There are many people in my local gardening clubs who have taken the RHS
course and enjoyed it, I would urge anyone even beginner gardeners to
consider going to the evening classes as it is a very worthwhile course
and you meet lots of people onto whom you can offload your cuttings and
whose gardens you can visit!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 02-02-2007, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 23:04, Sacha wrote:
"Everyone is welcome in this forum - be it the little
ladies spending time sharing recipes and gossips to the professionals
sharing their passion. I only wish the old loons would give up on me
though."

From the above it isn't hard to see that, with her lowest possible RHS
quali, she regards herself as a 'professional' and the rest of the women who
post here as 'little ladies'.

This is so untrue. Why are you so determined on calling me a
professional, so persisting with the RHS qualification when a) I do
not concider myself a professional, yet, and b) if I have to justify
myself I have to mention my qualifications. What are your
qualifications beside being 20 years older than me, which is
absolutely fine, and helping your husband in his business, something
which you keep also saying rather than mentioning that it is your
business too? If you doubt my credentials, I can only tell you what I
have and know. Then you accuse me of boasting!!

I simply cannot win, can I?!

As for the above post I had written, it is again read by yourself with
hatred and venom. But according to a couple of emails I have received,
no other but you have found this in my post. My description of all
users of this forum is from/to, taking into account a wide spectrum of
people from many backgrounds and walks of life. Why are you persisting
in making me sound nasty, when all I want is peace and fair
discussions, fun and frankly a quiet life?

There must be something else that bothers you. Please let us know what
it is once and for all Sacha. We are waiting for your details. And
please leave that poor Judith alone. You've put her through enough!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Feb, 11:50, Janet Tweedy wrote:
I think it's just sad that she has put off many gentle souls who
occasionally posted but mostly lurked here to gain gardening tips and
knowledge.
Personally I miss Janet B's dry sense of humour and nuggets of
information,

I don't miss her rude comments especially to new comers and her nasty
posts to people who come here asking questions.

I miss David's wonderful prose and expertise in all things
tropical

David is still here!

and there are several more posters who I haven't seen for ages.

Who?! If Sacha and Judith would stop once and for all bickering and
scoring point for my benefit, sending posts with one liners
criticising my hair, my business and my clothes we would all have a
fab time.

On another note - I also think she'd be surprised at just how many
people have taken the RHS exam

Indeed. According to Sacha it is the lowest horticultural examination
there possibly be. Well, I can only speak by experience. It was hard,
beleive me. But I loved every second of it. But then you wouldn't
argue this with Sacha wouldn't you ... And that I find so so unfair.
As for the 'scientific' words, not me Janet ))) I can hardly
remember what I've done 2 days ago. I'm very dissy, but I'm not nasty
nor am I trying to boast, nor am I trying to be someone I'm not. I am
what I am.

Note: for the last 14 months I have had the same 4 people on my back,
One has left. However I have also gain many friends. Many a few months
ago defended me rightly. They are however fed up with this. I think I
will keep this post as my last post regarding anything other than
horticulture. I have always found you fair and just, and I hope you
will not disapoint me.