Old 03-09-2007, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

On 3 Sep, 09:09, "BAC" wrote:
Sound advice, IMO, but I fear it is unlikely to be heeded. When an
antagonistic poster learns how best to needle and manipulate a combative
opponent, that opponent finds it very difficult to ignore the 'barbs' and
sometimes even comes to think it is a sign of weakness to do so.

I think I've asked you to marry me once. Must have done. I think I'll
proove you wrong, only because you've given sussed, fair and good
advice for years. There. Hope it hurts ;o)

Oh, and it is I, La Puce, in disguise)

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 3 Sep, 09:09, "BAC" wrote:
Sound advice, IMO, but I fear it is unlikely to be heeded. When an
antagonistic poster learns how best to needle and manipulate a combative
opponent, that opponent finds it very difficult to ignore the 'barbs' and
sometimes even comes to think it is a sign of weakness to do so.

I think I've asked you to marry me once. Must have done. I think I'll
proove you wrong, only because you've given sussed, fair and good
advice for years. There. Hope it hurts ;o)

Oh, and it is I, La Puce, in disguise)

I sincerely hope my pessimism is unfounded on this occasion, and it
certainly wouldn't hurt if that proved to be the case.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 3, 8:23 am, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 01:03, in article
, "FarmI"

ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Space" wrote in message

yes- it would be nice to be treated with respect and not to be slagged
off. but don't provide any ammunition. and by that I mean if you don't
respond/retaliate the poster has nowhere to go.

That may be true if you are thinking of 'normal 'people but does not apply
when it comes to the resident troublemakers here. Both Puke and Mike simply
lie if they don't think they have the "ammunition".

I don't consider that my reflection warrants a response.

But then such a call is not up to you!

And, since I don't recall that you, or any member of your family, or your
friends have been lied about, libelled, insulted or abused on a regualar
basis why would you?

YOU try being abused in regard to your age, your gender, your medical
history, your 'reputed' hormonal status, your invented medical history, your
invented family situation, your imagined appearance and any other thing that
slips into the mind of these demented trolls.

Try that and then see if you want to give such sactimonious advice.

I would just add to this by saying that while I think Space's intentions are
good, lying is a very hard thing to deal with if one is to remain honest
oneself. Crowe has lied about me with regard to my behaviour in my
husband's business and Puce has lied so often about so many people and her
own behaviour, that it's impossible to count. Crowe is in many kill files,
so people probably aren't aware of the degree of harassment I've received
from him. At one time I could barely post anything at all here or in
another group he followed me into, without some snide or insulting remark
from him. Knowing that he has twice been told he will not be welcome on
these premises, he has again and very recently, tried to trap me into
allowing him to come here. He will be thrown out if he does.
Farm1 is right, Space, in dealing with Puce and Crowe, we are not dealing
with people for whom the normal limitations apply. What you're asking us to
do is to deal with these situations with one hand tied behind our backs
because we follow some sort of imaginary 'rule' why they behave precisely as
they wish, whoever they hurt or harry. Both have the hides of rhinos and
they simply don't care what they say to or about others. No normal, decent
person can combat that.

You should have greater faith in other readers' ability to recognise
what's what.
I agree with Space - the best way to deal with usenet attention whores
is to give them none. Wading in at their level actually reflects
badly on you.

Cat(h)

Old 03-09-2007, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Sep, 13:32, "BAC" wrote:
I sincerely hope my pessimism is unfounded on this occasion, and it
certainly wouldn't hurt if that proved to be the case.

Watch this space then. Also, what I'm going to do from now on will be
to start a 'Screeching' thread for everytime someone is knocking me
down for no reasons. You can be the ref, if you've got nice shorts,
and nice legs to go with it.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Sep, 14:07, Sacha wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have the sort of character that enjoys being abused
and harassed by people whose behaviour other people are unaware of. Because
they get away with it, being in so many kill files, they just get worse or
imagine others agree with them. If I had NOT replied to Puce, few people
would have known how she was behaving. I *never* reply to Crowe.

Behave or we'll send you to the 'Screeching' thread. First warning.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 3, 2:07 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 13:57, in article
. com, wrote:

snip You should have greater faith in other readers' ability to recognise
what's what.
I agree with Space - the best way to deal with usenet attention whores
is to give them none. Wading in at their level actually reflects
badly on you.

Cat(h)

Unfortunately, I don't have the sort of character that enjoys being abused
and harassed by people whose behaviour other people are unaware of. Because
they get away with it, being in so many kill files, they just get worse or
imagine others agree with them. If I had NOT replied to Puce, few people
would have known how she was behaving.

I do not condone harassment, and I can well understand how deeply
upsetting it can be.
However, it takes surprisingly little time for any newcomer - I was
one not so long ago - to work out who's worth reading, and who are the
group's nuts (there are a few in every group). Lack of expertise in
gardening does not imply lack of ability to read both the lines and
between the lines of posts. No one is very likely to take seriously
the advice given by someone puerile enough to find their self-declared
slimmer waisteline and younger years are signs of objective
superiority.
On the other hand, a newby coming across a mud wrestling match might
find it more difficult to decide who is in the greatest wrong - and
just kill file all participants.
That's just my own experience. Make of it what you will - I know you
will :-)

Just forgive me if I stay out of any threads involving certain
combinations of people ;-)

Cat(h)

I *never* reply to Crowe.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/07 14:35, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

snip

Just forgive me if I stay out of any threads involving certain
combinations of people ;-)

Truly I don't *expect* anyone to join in any thread but I don't advocate
kill files myself, because a group doesn't know what's going on "in its
name", if I can put it that way. I see threatening noises are being made
again already.......sigh!

Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 3, 2:52 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 14:35, in article
. com, "Cat(h)"

wrote:

snip

Just forgive me if I stay out of any threads involving certain
combinations of people ;-)

Truly I don't *expect* anyone to join in

Never mind join in - I am quite sure I am not the only one to ignore
those threads.

any thread but I don't advocate
kill files myself, because a group doesn't know what's going on "in its
name", if I can put it that way.

A usenet group is not a cohesive entity - merely a collection of
individuals who post or lurk for their own reasons. Some because they
are interested in the topic, some because they get a kick out of
riling others at no consequences to themselves, some because they have
no life, some because they are attention seekers, some for
combinations of any or all of the above. Think about it.

I see threatening noises are being made
again already.......sigh!

And if they rise the desired response, they will continue...

Anyway, I think you got my point, so I'll leave you alone on this
subject. Back to gardening matters - any chance you might throw a few
ripe figs across the Irish sea? ;-)

Cat(h)

Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Sep, 14:52, Sacha wrote:
I see threatening noises are being made
again already.......sigh!

STOP taking my name in vain. STOP referring to me with your lies and
constant desilusion, STOP telling people what to do, STOP pocking me
and STOP talking about me. Is that clear enough?

Sorry BAC. I promise I'll try - I really do.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/07 15:02, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

On Sep 3, 2:52 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 14:35, in article
. com, "Cat(h)"

wrote:

snip

[...]

Oh yes, I got the point.

Back to gardening matters - any chance you might throw a few
ripe figs across the Irish sea? ;-)

Cat(h)

Not my best sport, cricket. ;-) but when our 'mystery possibly Smyrna' is
propagated I'll send you one to try out. But it'll be a while yet. I must
remember to photograph it.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Sep, 16:07, "Amethyst Deceiver" wrote:
wrote:
No-one can send anyone to a thread, as you well know.

If lies are spread and I get poked by Sacha, I will mention it on a
thread named 'Scheeching' so that we can all see where what and why
querels are coming about. Simple.

Changing your name
purely to get out of killfiles is the mark of a troll. Something you also
probably know.

I haven't changed my name. My name is still Helene, and my childhood
nickname is still Puce. I am fed up to see my name being changed to
Puke at every opportunity from people I haven't even talked to! So
I've decided to stop it. Actually my son told me I should. Also I'm on
firefox now and my IT man told me I should change the address as he's
put several kill rules and someone keeps sending me threatening emails
- but I know who it is now and that's being delt with.

Just put me in your killfile and sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 3, 3:54 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 15:02, in article
om, "Cat(h)"

wrote:
On Sep 3, 2:52 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 14:35, in article
. com, "Cat(h)"

wrote:

snip

[...]

That's really kind of you.
Mind you, after the Figs thread, I now have enormous expectations of
bumper crops of my own in a few years' time from my two wee fig trees!

Cat(h)