Old 03-09-2007, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Help needed please

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

The suspense is killing ;-)

We live in hope...

That we get an answer too?
Oh; I am 'SO' pleased it's not just me ;-)
I feel we have a troll alert with the OP.

My response was to the word "killing".

--
AnneJ

;-)

Sorry, I wouldn't stoop so low as to wish "ANYONE" dead :-((

Mike

www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ups.com...

"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

The suspense is killing ;-)

We live in hope...

That we get an answer too?
Oh; I am 'SO' pleased it's not just me ;-)
I feel we have a troll alert with the OP.

My response was to the word "killing".

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long

Bad girl AnneJ!

Judith

Exactly. :-(

I can count up my 'enemies' on one thumb and I would wish the worse on them.
The hundreds of friends I have wouldn't wish me to even have thoughts on
those lines. :-((

One sometimes wonders just 'what' goes through people' minds!!!!!!!!!

:-(((

Old 03-09-2007, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Exactly. :-(

I can count up my 'enemies' on one thumb and I would wish the worse on
them.

:-(( Just goes to show we all make mistakes but some of us a brave enough to
admit them. That should of course have been "Wouldn't wish the worse on
them"

"ANYONE" is welcome at my house ;-) and the teapot is always on.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Sep, 22:46, Anne Jackson wrote:
Yes, I know... G I'm also exceedingly _honest_!

You dead right you are ;o) I like that, honesty. I thrive on it too
actually. Though wouldn't you say that Mike is a prime example of
honesty too, to his peril here?

I would very much like to see that we stop taking the **** out of
people now. Note I said 'we' - I'd imagine I've had my fun too. Also
can someone points out to us who will be tolerated to make nasty
remarks on others and who isn't. Like this we will know exactly who
the untouchables are.

Could we also find out who has written the email Sacha has posted on
this thread. They were hints of being 'French' and therefore I would
like to know since I feel some strange coincidences. Paranoid moi?!
Never ;o)

Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Aug, 10:21, Sacha wrote:
Wanadoo is French isn't it? We have Wanadoo but I won't be coming to
see you on Monday I'm afraid. The English is not good but that could
just be sloppy, I get like that sometimes. Spelling mistakes "verry"
and "to" which should be too. Also "familly" which is also
incorrect. Hmmnn.

Judith

I certainly wondered about those mistakes myself. But while Wanadoo is
French, they own Orange in UK and my account is with Orange, so I don't
think that's significant in itself. I have my own theory about the area
this came from but I'm wondering if anyone else comes up with an answer,
too.

So any news? Who has written this email?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 3, 10:46 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "
contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

The suspense is killing ;-)

We live in hope...

That we get an answer too?
Oh; I am 'SO' pleased it's not just me ;-)
I feel we have a troll alert with the OP.

My response was to the word "killing".

Bad girl AnneJ!

Yes, I know... G I'm also exceedingly _honest_!

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long- Hide quoted text -

I know that and that why I admire you, you are always straight, no
hidden agendas.

Judith

Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4 Sep, 15:38, Martin wrote:
La belle Helen, who according to the UTC offset on her clock posts from Arizona.

How strange. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/9/07 15:38, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:21:18 -0700,
wrote:

On 30 Aug, 10:21, Sacha wrote:
Wanadoo is French isn't it? We have Wanadoo but I won't be coming to
see you on Monday I'm afraid. The English is not good but that could
just be sloppy, I get like that sometimes. Spelling mistakes "verry"
and "to" which should be too. Also "familly" which is also
incorrect. Hmmnn.

Judith

I certainly wondered about those mistakes myself. But while Wanadoo is
French, they own Orange in UK and my account is with Orange, so I don't
think that's significant in itself. I have my own theory about the area
this came from but I'm wondering if anyone else comes up with an answer,
too.

So any news? Who has written this email?

La belle Helen, who according to the UTC offset on her clock posts from
Arizona.

Do I win a prize?

Incidentally Orange and Wanadoo were recently sold to a German company.

Next case.
Hercule Poirrot.

Sorry but I'm puzzled. You mean you think a poster here sent that email to
me about visiting here? Email me if you prefer. What is a UTC offset?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/9/07 19:18, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:

What is a UTC offset?

Co-ordinated Universal Time.

http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/gmt_.shtml

Thanks, Anne - very handy!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/9/07 22:44, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 4/9/07 15:38, in article
,

wrote:

On 30 Aug, 10:21, Sacha wrote:
[...]

I was guessing.

Email me if you prefer. What is a UTC offset?

In your case it is +0100 it's the difference between your local time and GMT.

"On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0100, Sacha "

In helene's case it is shown as -0700 or 7 hours behind GMT
"On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:21:18 -0700,
wrote:"

GMT is also known as UTC.

I know peoples' computers can sometimes be set a few minutes out here and
there. How can they be set 7 hours 'out'?

Old 04-09-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/9/07 23:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

I'm not sure why there are so many computers around at the moment that are set
to -0700 .

Some weird computer glitch somewhere down the line, as it were? A power cut
somewhere or other? It's way above my head!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 08:04:21 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

On 4/9/07 23:53, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 23:22:35 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

On 4/9/07 23:16, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

I'm not sure why there are so many computers around at the moment that
are
set
to -0700 .

Some weird computer glitch somewhere down the line, as it were? A
power cut
somewhere or other? It's way above my head!

I assumed somebody was setting them up wrong in the factory.

Perhaps the Millennium Bug is striking late. ;-)

Yes but which millennium? :-)

However, a couple of
people kindly took this to email and checked it for me. The overall
feeling
is that it was a genuine misrouting.

The messages with a UTC -0700 are sent via google groups and nothing to do
with
local PC settings in this case. Something else google groups does wrong.
--

Martin

Are you saying that this mysterious email which was lost to someone else and
suddenly turned up in Sacha's email box, is all down to posting via Google
groups? If so I am glad I have never wandered from my own ISP. Whilst
cruising I am unable to post to newsgroups, monitor yes, but only post via
Google if I wanted to, I think, (but don't know how to do it). Something to
do with bandwidth and Satellite connections.

Oh well it's nice to know that it all ended nicely :-)