Old 16-08-2009, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raymond |Hubbard

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 21:04:46 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Fuschia" wrote in message
news

What a wonderful story that is. A long, successful career and still
quietly and modestly enjoying it.
Such a refresshing change for sad old men living on stories of lies,
imagination and other peoples' achievements.

Quite agree, but sad old women as well. They live off what bed they have
climbed into!!

You are a coward.
Old 16-08-2009, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

You are a coward.

Oh certainly. That's why the majority of his attacks are on women.
Inadequate men usually behave like that.

--
Sacha

Sascha you say the nicest things about me, ............. behind someone
else's postings :-))

Kindest possible regards

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 16-08-2009, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 18:21:36 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

You are a coward.

Oh certainly. That's why the majority of his attacks are on women.
Inadequate men usually behave like that.

--
Sacha

Sascha you say the nicest things about me, ............. behind someone
else's postings :-))

If you had a shred of decency you would apologise to her for the
remark you made. You are not just a coward but a disgrace to our
generation.With your age and experience you are supposed to set an
example of manners and behaviour. If you had spoken like that in our
mess about a lady that we knew you would have been taken outside and
thrashed.
Old 16-08-2009, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

You are a coward.

Oh certainly. That's why the majority of his attacks are on women.
Inadequate men usually behave like that.

--
Sacha

Sascha you say the nicest things about me, ............. behind
someone else's postings :-))

If you had a shred of decency you would apologise to her for the
remark you made. You are not just a coward but a disgrace to our
generation.With your age and experience you are supposed to set an
example of manners and behaviour. If you had spoken like that in our
mess about a lady that we knew you would have been taken outside and
thrashed.

That one would never have been allowed in!

Old 16-08-2009, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

You are a coward.

Oh certainly. That's why the majority of his attacks are on women.
Inadequate men usually behave like that.

--
Sacha

Sascha you say the nicest things about me, ............. behind
someone else's postings :-))

If you had a shred of decency you would apologise to her for the
remark you made. You are not just a coward but a disgrace to our
generation.With your age and experience you are supposed to set an
example of manners and behaviour. If you had spoken like that in our
mess about a lady that we knew you would have been taken outside and
thrashed.

That one would never have been allowed in!

This HERO worship of me is really appreciated.

Thank you ALL so much

Kindest possible regards to you all my friends

Old 17-08-2009, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Unreserved apology

On 2009-08-16 18:21:36 +0100, "'Mike'" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

You are a coward.

Oh certainly. That's why the majority of his attacks are on women.
Inadequate men usually behave like that.

--
Sacha

Sascha you say the nicest things about me, ............. behind someone
else's postings :-))

Kindest possible regards

Then I'll say it to your face. Get a grip on this Mike because I've had
enough of your filthy innuendo. I own a house of my own in which a member
of our family lives and I have an income of my own and live off nobody.
You need to watch your words. Closely.
My husband has made a success of his life by working hard and not
snivelling about Mrs Thatcher (your favourite blame layer) or anyone else.
He's never, ever, not once, expected anyone else to take the flak for his
actions or decisions. He's a real man. The only time I've seen him
genuinely angry is when someone was rude to me. My husband being over
6', an ex-Para and boxer, the other wimp took off pretty swiftly.
He's overcome considerable personal adversity in the shape of the deaths
of the people closest to him, both while he was very young and then later
in life and still, he has gone on, supporting his family, loved and
respected by everyone who knows him. As his wife, I don't just love him
for all the wonderful qualities he has, I admire and respect him
enormously.

We've been married for 9 years and have known each other for 10 - not once
in all those years have I *ever* heard the gentleman I married refer to
women as you do. He would rather die than stoop so low. Nothing would
persuade him to lower himself to your level.

He worked hard and deserves everything he has now. What he does not
deserve is to see you insinuate that a woman married him just to get a
meal ticket.

So, finally, Crowe, I challenge you. Come here to our home and speak to
my husband about me and him as you do here. I'll even pay your fare. I
want to see you here, in this place, our home, talking to my husband
about me as you do in this group and I will continue to challenge you to
do so until you lay off both of us once and for all. You will NOT
diminish my husband, his work or our marriage any further, believe me.
Two years ago I told you I'd send a letter to your family if this
continued and its draft is still on my desktop. Apologise for that
calumny upon my character or come here to do so or that letter goes. Time
runs out tomorrow night.

You talk a lot so let's drop the talk and see some action from you here in
front of me and my husband. Set a date. Now. Be here. OR apologise for
the implication that I married my husband for bed and board. Your choice
and it runs out tomorrow night. After that a letter goes to your family.
I've had enough of you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-08-2009, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-17 06:38:00 +0100, "'Mike'" said:

Unreserved apology

Thank you. I would suggest that you now ignore my posts unless you have
relevant gardening information to add.
--
Sacha

and may I also respectfully suggest that your derogatory statements to the
group, directed about and towards me, also stop.

Kindest possible regards

Old 17-08-2009, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-17 06:38:00 +0100, "'Mike'"
said:

Unreserved apology

Thank you. I would suggest that you now ignore my posts unless you have
relevant gardening information to add.
--
Sacha

and may I also respectfully suggest that your derogatory statements to
the
group, directed about and towards me, also stop.

Kindest possible regards

If you continue to insult and belittle others, including me, you'll get an
appropriate response. If you try to drag the group into e.g.your holiday
plans, your daughter's cars/house/fishpond, your father's former career
etc. by boasting as you do, you'll get laughed at. This post of yours
should have been directed to the group as a whole because your trolling
here has made you a laughing stock and/or put you in dozens of kill files.
Your problems cause you to behave like that and are not mine.
--
Sacha

Thank you for your kind words

Kindest possible regards

Old 17-08-2009, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:53:10 +0100, "'Mike'"

On 2009-08-17 06:38:00 +0100, "'Mike'"
said:

[...]

Well done for the apology old chap.
Now you both need to drop it before another one is needed.
Old 17-08-2009, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

On 2009-08-17 09:27:09 +0100, "'Mike'"

On 2009-08-17 06:38:00 +0100, "'Mike'"
said:

[...]

But they've been carrying on like Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd for absolute
ages, so they must enjoy it. Why spoil their fun?

Old 17-08-2009, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 15, 3:48*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
This is a transcription of an item in Horticulture Week 14th August

Plant breeder, horticultural pioneer, one time MI5 suspect and owner
of Hill House Nursery Raymond Hubbard is celebrating 60 years in
horticulture this year.
Hubbard introduced commercial biological control in the 1960’s
building on his own experiments and with the help ob Lee Valley
horticultural station.
His correspondence with Russian botanists led MI5 to briefly suspect
him of spying after they mistook the use of horticultural terms for
code
Growing up on his family nursery in Essex, he entered the industry in
1948 at the age of 16 as a grower of salad crops.
Today he owns Hill House Nursery in Landscove, Devon which he runs
jointly with his son.
The firm crops more than 2000 varieties os nursery stock and Hubbard
has wone acclaim as a breeder and plant finder. Notable achievements
include Plectranthus cilatus ‘Sasha’, Phormium ‘Lord Jersey’,
Crocosmia ‘Krakatoa’, Dianthus ‘Old mother Hubbard’ and Nemesia
‘Bluebird’, which has sold more than 11 million plants, bred under
licence worldwide.
During his 60 year career he has only been away from horticulture to
complete his National service, during which he built an English
country garden for the officers mess in Egyptian Saraha Desert.

Jack Sidders *Horticulture Week
14th August 2009

I've come a bit late to this so belated warm congratulations to Ray
and also to Sacha, although the business is managed by Ray and his
son, Matthew; Sacha is, I know, a huge support to them. I had the
pleasure of meeting Ray's sister, sadly now deceased; she spoke so
warmly and lovingly of her brother and how happy she was that he found
happiness with Sacha. Well done to Ray, no wonder Sacha is so proud
of him.

Judith
Old 17-08-2009, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-15 15:48:31 +0100, Dave Hill
said:

This is a transcription of an item in Horticulture Week 14th August

Plant breeder, horticultural pioneer, one time MI5 suspect and owner
of Hill House Nursery Raymond Hubbard is celebrating 60 years in
horticulture this year.
snip

That was very sweet of you, Dave! Ray's had a good 60 years and been
lucky to work at something he loves every day of his working life - except
maybe National Service. ;-))

National service changed my life completely and forever, not that I enjoyed
it particularly, but there I met a fellow who introduced me to electronics,
and if it wasn't for him, I would not be able to annoy you all in these
newsgroups!(:-)

Alan

Old 17-08-2009, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

"Fuschia" wrote in message
news

What a wonderful story that is. A long, successful career and still
quietly and modestly enjoying it.
Such a refresshing change for sad old men living on stories of lies,
imagination and other peoples' achievements.

Quite agree, but sad old women as well. They live off what bed they have
climbed into!!

You are a coward.

And you should go back to the asylum!

Old 17-08-2009, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

That was very sweet of you, Dave! Ray's had a good 60 years and been
lucky to work at something he loves every day of his working life -
except maybe National Service. ;-))

National service changed my life completely and forever, not that I
enjoyed it particularly, but there I met a fellow who introduced me to
electronics, and if it wasn't for him, I would not be able to annoy you
all in these newsgroups!(:-)

Alan

National Service did a hell of a lot of people a hell of a lot of good and
it should be brought back