Old 23-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
..... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk
Hi All,
Having looked at the posts of Mike 4 he is obviously a wind-up merchant the best thing that we could is ignore his posts.

uriel13
Old 23-12-2009, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do YOU .........

"uriel13" wrote in message

;872330"]..... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world

http://tinyurl.com/y8rawrp

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Hi All,
Having looked at the posts of Mike 4 he is obviously a wind-up
merchant the best thing that we could is ignore his posts.

uriel13

and ANOTHER brainwashed idiot :-(((

I suppose you believe all that the Politicians tell you :-(((

and the what adverts on TV say as well :-(((

Old 23-12-2009, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

and the what adverts on TV say as well :-(((

--

and the what adverts on TV say as well :-(((

Shall we try "and what the adverts on TV say as well" ?

(I just wish I was perfect like so many on this newsgroup and never made a
mistake, but hey ho, I am human)

Merry Christmas

Old 23-12-2009, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

In their culture, sons are responsible for caring for their parents in
old age
( daughters become responsible for caring for their husbands parents).
So its entirely logical, for Chinese parents granted only one live
child, to prefer the sex that
will provide for them in old age and infirmity.

As we have found out, in a modern society that all goes to the wall and
children will mostly just put their aged parents in a home and let others to
look after them. It has always amused me when friends mention "at least we
have children to care for us in old age" yeh right!

Its hard for any parent, not to spoil an only-child;

Trust me, it is not impossible. :-)

and hard for a
society of predominantly only-children to reach adulthood
without any of the social experience siblings learn in the home.

The parents and the child just have to work on it more and it becomes much
more important for them to go to a mixed sex school.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-12-2009, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Bob Hobden writes
As we have found out, in a modern society that all goes to the wall and
children will mostly just put their aged parents in a home and let
others to look after them.

Unfortunately, increasing life span has also meant increasing the length
of time of complete dependency. I don't think one can blame the
children. Looking after someone 24 hours a day 365 days a year for years
on end is virtually impossible while maintaining your own health, and
families are now so spread out that there is no help available from the
extended family.

--
Kay

Old 23-12-2009, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
As we have found out, in a modern society that all goes to the wall and
children will mostly just put their aged parents in a home and let others
to look after them.

Unfortunately, increasing life span has also meant increasing the length
of time of complete dependency. I don't think one can blame the children.
Looking after someone 24 hours a day 365 days a year for years on end is
virtually impossible while maintaining your own health, and families are
now so spread out that there is no help available from the extended
family.

Oh I don't blame the children, I blame the parents for expecting it and am
always surprised people still think like that, especially in this Country.
I've even seen parents, who refused to help or even visit their own parents
much, in turn expect their children to help them completely?? (don't do as I
do)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 23-12-2009, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

"Fuschia" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, "Lofty"
wrote:

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

So how many persioners die of hyperthermia? I don't think any do
unless they get trapped in a Turkish Bath.

In the 2003 summer heatwave, France saw an estimated 15,000 deaths in excess
of what would be normally expected for the time of year.

Old 24-12-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message
My mother is currently in hospital, awaiting a nursing home placement. The
consultant has advised social services that mum would not be safe at home,
even with 3 carers a day. Social services seem to be a law unto
themselves...........they dictate......mum CANNOT go home.......NO CHOICE.
I disagree with their findings, after all, I know my mum better than they
do, but I (we) seem helpless. Fundamental human rights........bo**ocks!!

I am very sorry to hear that, Pete. Might I suggest you ask in uk.legal
about this. There are some good people in there who know their stuff, just
be sure to ignore the nuts like you get in most groups. Richard Miller
especially, as he is a solicitor, and Todal.

Old 24-12-2009, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:09:37 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote ...
.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been
doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Certainly I believe in global warming, as a old gardener the evidence from
my own garden is beyond dispute. The fact that we, man, have increased the
CO2 content of the atmosphere significantly from the background level and
also that gas acts like a blanket and causes warming is also beyond doubt.
The current speed of warming is also unprecedented if I understand the
figures correctly. My conclusion is that man is responsible for a
proportion
of the warming and that proportion will rise as we pump more CO2 into the
atmosphere.

My problem is with the politicians and their Tax policies.
More CO2 is put into the atmosphere from Central Heating than cars, so why
are they taxing cars on CO2 and not Central Heating?

Cars are not essential. Most people in Northern Europe need to heat their
homes.

(or planes for that
matter, they put the pollution directly in the worst place too

the total for every plane in the world is 4%

Stop heating green houses with natural gas? Stop air freighting plants and
flowers from the tropics?

Why stop airfreighting stuff when the total for every plane is only 4%?

--

Martin

Old 24-12-2009, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Martin contains these words:

Cars are not essential. Most people in Northern Europe need to heat
their homes.

However, very few of us need to heat every room in the home at once.

My prediction is that future generations will regard our generations'
whole-house, empty room, absent-occupants heating habits
and single-occupancy of vehicles, in the same light, as epidemic
obesity and the throw-away society. A thoughtless greedy waste
of finite resources, and the first and worst victims of it will be our
own children.

Unfortunately some of us have only one person to drive anywhere, like me!

Janet

Old 24-12-2009, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

So how many persioners die of hyperthermia? I don't think any do
unless they get trapped in a Turkish Bath.

Please do not be so bloody pedantic!

Old 24-12-2009, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, "Lofty"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

"Bob Hobden" contains these words:

The root cause of CO2 is population, so why are we in this Country
still
paying people to have children? ( the Chinese alone are doing
something
about this and should be applauded)

Hardly! The Chinese policy has led to the killing of many unwanted
girl children. Within one generation,
it has led to a serious social imbalance (too many males, not enough
partners for them); and there is also concern, among the
Chinese, for the future social consequences of so many only-child males
who have been spoiled rotten and brought up to
think they are the centre of the universe.

That is because the Chinese, like a lot of countries believe that male
heirs are the most important thing in their lives and they will just
have
to get over it or die out. Certainly, as it's going, there will be an
even
bigger reduction in people in China as there simply won't be the ladies
have the next generation. All good stuff for the environment IMO.
As for spoiling their male heirs rotten and bringing them up like Gods,
happens already with a number of peoples, Chinese, Indians, even some
ethnic English families do it. Obviously a throwback but people will get
over it eventually, they will have to.
So often when I was at work the Indian ladies would say, "my husband
does
nothing in the house", to which I would reply "so what are you teaching
your son and making him do? Ironing? Cooking? Cleaning? etc".
To a person they just continued to perpetuate the problem.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

I'm sure you meant hypothermia, didn't you?

There is a difference you know

Old 24-12-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"uriel13" wrote in message

"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;872330"]..... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world
has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://tinyurl.com/y8rawrp

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Hi All,
Having looked at the posts of Mike 4 he is obviously a wind-up
merchant the best thing that we could is ignore his posts.

I already do, but there are a number of people who cannot ignore his posts
so I still have to read them!

uriel13

--
uriel13

Old 24-12-2009, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:03:50 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹" wrote in message
.. .

I'm sure you meant hypothermia, didn't you?

There is a difference you know

Please do not be so bloody pedantic!

Oo-er, you are a picky one!

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

Scene 2. Lucentio's House.
Enter Baptista and Gremio, the pedant.

Bap. How likes Gremio these quick-witted folks?