Old 21-12-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do YOU .........

"'Mike'" wrote ...
.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Certainly I believe in global warming, as a old gardener the evidence from
my own garden is beyond dispute. The fact that we, man, have increased the
CO2 content of the atmosphere significantly from the background level and
also that gas acts like a blanket and causes warming is also beyond doubt.
The current speed of warming is also unprecedented if I understand the
figures correctly. My conclusion is that man is responsible for a proportion
of the warming and that proportion will rise as we pump more CO2 into the
atmosphere.

My problem is with the politicians and their Tax policies.
More CO2 is put into the atmosphere from Central Heating than cars, so why
are they taxing cars on CO2 and not Central Heating? (or planes for that
matter, they put the pollution directly in the worst place too)
Most of the CO2 caused by a car is in it's manufacture, the scrappage scheme
increases CO2!

The root cause of CO2 is population, so why are we in this Country still
paying people to have children? ( the Chinese alone are doing something
about this and should be applauded) Each man should be allowed to father two
children and each woman give birth to two children, ie 2 kids per couple, so
the population slowly reduces due to illness, death before childbirth etc.
Any more children and the state ignores them for benefit purposes, if a
woman refuses to state the father it is also ignored for benefit purposes.
Current rules about looking after children would still apply which might
increase the number of children forced to be put up for adoption. It's quite
easy really and would change a lot of things for the better.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-12-2009, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The
from "Bob contains these words:

The root cause of CO2 is population, so why are we in this Country still
paying people to have children? ( the Chinese alone are doing something
about this and should be applauded)

Hardly! The Chinese policy has led to the killing of many unwanted
girl children. Within one generation,
it has led to a serious social imbalance (too many males, not enough
partners for them); and there is also concern, among the
Chinese, for the future social consequences of so many only-child males
who have been spoiled rotten and brought up to
think they are the centre of the universe.

Janet

Yes, of course I believe scientists. In the 1930s the human race was
going to the dogs, because of bad breeding, as a result politicians of
many countries took steps to stop it. Including the USA as well as
Hitler's lot. Then in the 1970s the scientists predicted that a mini ice
age was upon us. All those predictions, have with time, been proved,
whether right or wrong I will leave you, dear reader, to decide.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.
Old 21-12-2009, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Broadback
writes
Janet Baraclough wrote:
[...]

Actually, that is a myth. The (then weak) consensus in the scientific
press, rather than the popular media, was for warming.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...lobal-cooling-
myth/
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 21-12-2009, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

"Bob Hobden" contains these words:

The root cause of CO2 is population, so why are we in this Country still
paying people to have children? ( the Chinese alone are doing something
about this and should be applauded)

Hardly! The Chinese policy has led to the killing of many unwanted
girl children. Within one generation,
it has led to a serious social imbalance (too many males, not enough
partners for them); and there is also concern, among the
Chinese, for the future social consequences of so many only-child males
who have been spoiled rotten and brought up to
think they are the centre of the universe.

That is because the Chinese, like a lot of countries believe that male heirs
are the most important thing in their lives and they will just have to get
over it or die out. Certainly, as it's going, there will be an even bigger
reduction in people in China as there simply won't be the ladies to have the
next generation. All good stuff for the environment IMO.
As for spoiling their male heirs rotten and bringing them up like Gods,
happens already with a number of peoples, Chinese, Indians, even some ethnic
English families do it. Obviously a throwback but people will get over it
eventually, they will have to.
So often when I was at work the Indian ladies would say, "my husband does
nothing in the house", to which I would reply "so what are you teaching your
son and making him do? Ironing? Cooking? Cleaning? etc".
To a person they just continued to perpetuate the problem.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-12-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Then in the 1970s the scientists predicted that a mini
ice age was upon us. All those predictions, have with time, been
proved, whether right or wrong I will leave you, dear reader, to decide.

Actually, that is a myth. The (then weak) consensus in the scientific
press, rather than the popular media, was for warming.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...lobal-cooling-
myth/

It depends what time-scale you are talking about.
I think most people that have looked into the matter
believe that we are currently in an inter-glacial period,
and are likely to enter a new ice-age within thousands of years.

That doesn't conflict in any way with the belief
that the earth is currently warming due to human activity.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Old 21-12-2009, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

[...]

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

Old 21-12-2009, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-21 17:36:17 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

[...]

When we were in China last year our Chinese guide who was a young woman
of 23, with a degree in tourism, She gave us some information on the
birth control regime that was new to us. I'd be interested to know if
anyone else has heard of this. She said that most people were
encouraged to have one child; that army officers could have two and
that ethnic minorities could have 3. To me, this seems unlikely, as to
the ethnic minorities but when visiting China, one is warned not to say
anything critical of the government, so we didn't express scepticism.
OTOH, we were in Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors and among many
other things, we visited a Muslim quarter where there was a thriving
bazaar and a mosque, set in a most beautiful and tranquil garden.
--
Sacha

Old 21-12-2009, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Sacha writes
When we were in China last year our Chinese guide who was a young woman
of 23, with a degree in tourism, She gave us some information on the
birth control regime that was new to us. I'd be interested to know if
anyone else has heard of this. She said that most people were
encouraged to have one child; that army officers could have two and
that ethnic minorities could have 3.

I've heard that elsewhere, so it could be true. By 'ethnic minorities' I
think they mean, for example, the Chinese in Szechuan.

--
Kay
Old 21-12-2009, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-12-21 21:19:53 +0000, K said:

Sacha writes
When we were in China last year our Chinese guide who was a young woman
of 23, with a degree in tourism, She gave us some information on the
birth control regime that was new to us. I'd be interested to know if
anyone else has heard of this. She said that most people were
encouraged to have one child; that army officers could have two and
that ethnic minorities could have 3.

I've heard that elsewhere, so it could be true. By 'ethnic minorities'
I think they mean, for example, the Chinese in Szechuan.

In some areas of China there has been blood shed among the government
authorities and the ethnic minorities. The Muslims we saw in Xian were
all Chinese.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 21-12-2009, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:16:14 -0000, "Lofty"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

[...]

I'm sure you meant hypothermia, didn't you?

There is a difference you know

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹

Old 21-12-2009, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

So how many persioners die of hyperthermia? I don't think any do
unless they get trapped in a Turkish Bath.
Old 22-12-2009, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

If it's getting warmer in this country, why do so many pensioners die of
hyperthermia?

So how many persioners die of hyperthermia? I don't think any do
unless they get trapped in a Turkish Bath.

My computa ant gotta shpel cheka onit, sowy abowt that, 4 sum raison ittts
in french

lofty

Old 22-12-2009, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... believe in all this Global warming crap ...

plonk

Old 22-12-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tim W" wrote in message
m...

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... believe in all this Global warming crap ...

plonk

:-((

Oh dear.

Tim's been brainwashed :-((

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 22-12-2009, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
"Tim W" wrote in message
m...

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... believe in all this Global warming crap ...

plonk

:-((

Oh dear.

Tim's been brainwashed :-((