Old 20-12-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do YOU .........

..... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk
www.shanklinmanormews.co.uk

Old 20-12-2009, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 17:28:24 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

--

Chris

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Old 20-12-2009, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:20:13 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Well I guess your reply to Chris proves that the majority of scientists
from around the world are all wrong.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 20-12-2009, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:20:13 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Well I guess your reply to Chris proves that the majority of scientists
from around the world are all wrong.
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton

You been brainwashed as well?

:-(((

Old 20-12-2009, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Hugh Jampton
wrote
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:20:13 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Well I guess your reply to Chris proves that the majority of scientists
from around the world are all wrong.

The same climate scientists cannot even predict what the weather is
going to be next week let alone in a few decades time.

--
Alan

Old 20-12-2009, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:17:52 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

Well I guess your reply to Chris proves that the majority of scientists
from around the world are all wrong.

You been brainwashed as well?

:-(((

No.

Like you, I've decided that anyone who disagrees with me about anything is
brainwashed - so *you* are the one that's brainwashed. I also refuse to
discuss anything with anyone - I am *always* right !

:-(((
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Old 20-12-2009, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Alan writes
The same climate scientists cannot even predict what the weather is
going to be next week let alone in a few decades time.

It is much easier to predict a trend than to predict tiny fluctuations
in that trend. For example - our hall has just been repainted. I can
predict that over the years the paintwork will pick up chips and marks
and will eventually have to be replaced. By watching how rapidly this
happens, I will be able to predict how long it will be before it needs
repainting. What I can't do is predict where exactly this week's extra
chip will be.
--
Kay
Old 20-12-2009, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Alan
writes
In message , Hugh Jampton
wrote
On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:20:13 -0000, 'Mike' wrote:

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Well I guess your reply to Chris proves that the majority of scientists
from around the world are all wrong.

The same climate scientists cannot even predict what the weather is
going to be next week let alone in a few decades time.

That's another denialist talking point. It's a red herring. We can
predict that the 1st of July will be warmer (in the UK) than the 1st of
January, with great confidence. We can't predict with more than a
minimal degree of confidence whether the 2nd of January will be warmer
than the 1st of January. Predicting climate is a different, and more
tractable, problem that predicting weather.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 20-12-2009, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:09:32 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:20:13 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Yes, and if you care for your grandchildren, so should you!

--

Chris

:-((

Oh dear. Another one brainwashed.

Oh dear. Another ostrich. Or perhaps just a troll.

Both, actually
Old 21-12-2009, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote

That's another denialist talking point. It's a red herring. We can
predict that the 1st of July will be warmer (in the UK) than the 1st of
January, with great confidence. We can't predict with more than a
minimal degree of confidence whether the 2nd of January will be warmer
than the 1st of January. Predicting climate is a different, and more
tractable, problem that predicting weather.

If the so called experts cannot tell predict the weather for the 1st and
2nd of January it's because the models they use for the prediction don't
have enough information and the model itself is immature. This is
despite the fact that the daily weather pattern for the past century, or
more, is in the data base. These same, or similar, flawed models are
the basis for predicting the global meltdown yet the scientists are
reported as have no doubts about their findings.

Often the problem in believing the climate change lobby is the
green-wash and eco-b****x that goes with it.
--
Alan

Old 21-12-2009, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Alan wrote:
[...]

Do keep awake at the back! The Victorians thought as you do, and
were conclusively proved to be wrong in the 1920s. Later work has
proved that that were just conclusively wrong, but so fundamentally
wrong that some problems are insoluble even in theory despite being
provable to have a unique result.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 21-12-2009, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Alan
writes
[...]

I'm pretty sure that you are in error, and that climate predictions and
weather predictions aren't made using the same models.

Often the problem in believing the climate change lobby is the
green-wash and eco-b****x that goes with it.

Do you find it easier to believe Margaret Thatcher, David Cameron and a
chairman of British Petroleum? We still occasionally see the conspiracy
theory the global warming is Thatcherite propaganda to justify shutting
down the coal industry.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 21-12-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

What is it you don't believe, that the world is warming, or that people
are responsible?
I find it hard to believe that anyone could think a warming cycle is not
in progress. So I am guessing you think its natural (despite the doubling
of C02 in the atmosphere since I learnt the percentages at school)
But then I once sailed with a fully paid up member of the Flat Earth
society, the fact that as the ships navigator I relied on the Earth being
round and used sperical trigonometry every day to determine our position
was waved aside just like your arguments against global warming being
manmade with nonsense science and dubious math.
Unlike the polititions however I believe that it would be a lot better to
reverse the rise in the worlds population drastically which is something
we can do cheaply!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 21-12-2009, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
What is it you don't believe, that the world is warming, or that people
are responsible?

The latter. 'Helping it along' as well if you like

I find it hard to believe that anyone could think a warming cycle is not
in progress. So I am guessing you think its natural (despite the doubling
of C02 in the atmosphere since I learnt the percentages at school)

The last Ice Age is passing away, therefore if the cold is going, what is
coming to replace it?

Global Warming. Climate Change. Happening all the time over many many MANY
Thousands of years.

Come back in 100,000 years and what will you find? CHANGE :-))

Change in everything.

Will man be here?
.................................................. .................

Kind regards

Old 21-12-2009, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
So I am guessing you think its natural (despite the doubling of C02 in
the atmosphere since I learnt the percentages at school)

It hasn't doubled yet. The current level is about 385 ppm, up from 315
ppm 50 years ago. The pre-industrial level is around 280 ppm.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley