Old 14-06-2012, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Out, out, damn slug!

On 14/06/2012 00:07, S Viemeister wrote:
On 6/13/2012 5:50 PM, Spider wrote:

They're not homeless, Jake, they live in my nightie.

I thought they _died_ in your nightie...

It was severly dehydrated, and probably would have died. I doubt being
propelled through the air would have improved its condition, so it may
now be dead .. or beaked.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 14-06-2012, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/06/2012 09:59, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 22:50:03 +0100, wrote:

On 13/06/2012 20:57, Jake wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:49:06 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 13/06/2012 15:50, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:18:07 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:51:35 +0100,
wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 12:49:15 +0100, wrote:

After a tiring day in the garden yesterday, I went upstairs to prepare
for bed. I pulled my (pretty pink 'Victorian') nightdress from under my
pillow and was about to put it on ...

Eeek! Yuk! There was a slug slowly dehydrating within the folds of
aforementioned nightie :~((! Deeply disgusting .. shudder. I had no
idea that being a gardener would be so traumatic.

Talking of slugs - I have decided to try alternatives to blue things.

I bought a slug trap from Lakeland - popped the beer in - and caught twenty one
of the little blighters last night. I had previously used beer in containers
and they became quite messy - but the beer trap is looking promising and much
cleaner.

Could beer attract more slugs than it kills?

Not if you provide enough beer.

But what I want to know is can you drink the beer afterwards?

The big question, though, is whether the beer kills the slugs. the
slugs drown in the beer rather than be killed by it, or do they simply
commit suicide while happy because they're fed up with their normal
diet and depressed because they're homeless?

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?

They're not homeless, Jake, they live in my nightie.

along with the almighty?

If they shared quarters with the Almighty, I doubt they'd be depressed.
I suspect you're referring to their collective demise, in which case
you'll find them with the Devil. There are no slugs in the Garden of
Eden.

Old 14-06-2012, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

A swift rendition of The Gardener's Hymn is called for here!!

Altogether now ....

Old 14-06-2012, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I was referring to Roger the lodger.

Ah yes. Roger was evicted for creeping up the landlady's nightie. He
won't be back!

Old 30-11-2012, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Sacha" wrote
On 2012-06-13 22:47:32 +0100, Spider said:
On 13/06/2012 18:49, David Hill wrote:

But what I want to know is can you drink the beer afterwards?

If you like, David, whatever turns you on. Yuk!

Well - I suppose it would give it extra body!

If he can bear it.

--
Sue

Slugs make good friends

Old 30-11-2012, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2012 16:22, jim west wrote:
wrote in message
o.uk...

wrote
On 2012-06-13 22:47:32 +0100, said:
On 13/06/2012 18:49, David Hill wrote:

But what I want to know is can you drink the beer afterwards?

If you like, David, whatever turns you on. Yuk!

Well - I suppose it would give it extra body!

If he can bear it.

--
Sue

Slugs make good friends

Oh no they don't! I've got good friends, and they don't eat my precious
plants! Friends, indeed.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote in
:

On 30/11/2012 16:22, jim west wrote:
wrote in message
o.uk...

wrote

----

Slugs make good friends

Oh no they don't! I've got good friends, and they don't eat my
precious plants! Friends, indeed.

That poster is trying to rattle our cages. Take no notice, Spider.

Baz
Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 01/12/2012 13:24, Baz wrote:
wrote in
:

On 30/11/2012 16:22, jim west wrote:
wrote in message
o.uk...

wrote
On 2012-06-13 22:47:32 +0100, said:
On 13/06/2012 18:49, David Hill wrote:

But what I want to know is can you drink the beer afterwards?

If you like, David, whatever turns you on. Yuk!

Well - I suppose it would give it extra body!

If he can bear it.

--
Sue
----

Slugs make good friends

Oh no they don't! I've got good friends, and they don't eat my
precious plants! Friends, indeed.

That poster is trying to rattle our cages. Take no notice, Spider.

Baz

Thanks, Baz. Ignoring Mode in gear.