Old 20-12-2012, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wet, wet, wet

"Broadback" wrote in message
On 20/12/2012 13:19, 'Mike' wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message

Why don't you 2 take your conversation Private and Email each other?

Never seen you post that before. Why say it now?

Kindest regards

Mike

Because he finds it boring, as do I. I have a son who was in the RM, but I
don't wish to bore everyone about it.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.

No, it's because it's me :-))

Others can post off topic subjects and nobody says a word because they are
'the approved ones' :-))

Sad isn't it?

And petty :-))

But can expect these things now can't we? :-))

Kindest regards and Merry Christmas

Old 20-12-2012, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-20 13:12:52 +0000, David Hill
said:

Why don't you 2 take your conversation Private and Email each other?

Amen to that! My nephew trained at Lympstone, was a Captain and did two
tours in Afghanistan. I don't think he's into gardening, though... And
of course, he has better manners than Mike and his friends.
--
Sacha

Old 20-12-2012, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote in message
"Broadback" wrote in message
On 20/12/2012 13:19, 'Mike' wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message

Why don't you 2 take your conversation Private and Email each other?

Never seen you post that before. Why say it now?

Kindest regards

Mike

Because he finds it boring, as do I. I have a son who was in the RM, but
I don't wish to bore everyone about it.

But you don't live for second-hand glory like Mike does.

Old 20-12-2012, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/12/2012 12:21, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:27:36 +0000, cotula
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:33:42 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next day
or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water hereabouts
has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local buses. What is
going to compound, it in the future, is that they are going to build
houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra drainage will be
installed, which will move the problem further downstream!

Old 20-12-2012, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next day
or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water hereabouts has
cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local buses. What is going
to compound, it in the future, is that they are going to build houses on a
floodplain near by, no doubt extra drainage will be installed, which will
move the problem further downstream!

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.

and in the summer, more people in more houses will require more water for
their washing machines, showers etc etc and guess what? A couple of weeks
sunshine and there will be an appeal to save water!!

Old 20-12-2012, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote ...

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next day or
so.

Could be worse David, I've just seen this......

A29 is shut due to flooding at Slindon and Berstead
A24 is shut southbound at Findon
Buses replace trains between Fareham and Eastleigh
Two cars stranded by flooding on the B3302 at Fraddam between Hayle and
Helston
Deep flood water on roads including the A399 Ilfracombe to Watermouth
A landslip has partly blocked the A386 near Bideford
The Lymington River at Brockenhurst has burst its banks
The road and rail network is disrupted by floods in Hampshire
The B3269 near Lostwithiel is closed
The A341 in Wimborne Minster is closed in both directions at the Canford
Magna junction
In Dorset several vehicles are stuck in flash floods in Holt Road, Three
Legged Cross, Canford Arena, Canford Magna

We have had over an inch of rain today, no wonder they have had the gates up
on the Thames weirs this week trying to get rid of as much water as
possible.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 20-12-2012, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
[...]

I was at Goring Lock a couple of weeks ago and the water coming over the
weir was just a solid lump, no 'bubbles', what it's like now goodness knows.

and I don't like the news from Dorset. I was through there yesterday :-((

Mike

Old 20-12-2012, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/12/2012 08:33, David Hill wrote:
David @ the sodden end of Swansea Bay

is that as in Sodden and Northern hemisphere?
Old 20-12-2012, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/12/2012 15:35, Martin wrote:

wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next day
or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water hereabouts
has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local buses. What is
going to compound, it in the future, is that they are going to build
houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra drainage will be
installed, which will move the problem further downstream!

Building on flood plains should have been banned long ago.

Why?
Just have to build floating houses.

Old 20-12-2012, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/12/2012 16:22, Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Well I checked our rainfall at 3pm and we have had 1.9 inches in the
last 24 hours.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay
Old 20-12-2012, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2012-12-20 14:28:18 +0000, "'Mike'"

On 2012-12-20 13:12:52 +0000, David Hill
said:

Why don't you 2 take your conversation Private and Email each
other?

Amen to that! My nephew trained at Lympstone, was a Captain and did
two tours in Afghanistan. I don't think he's into gardening,
though... And of course, he has better manners than Mike and his
friends. --
Sacha

No, it's because it's me :-))

Others can post off topic subjects and nobody says a word because
they are 'the approved ones' :-))

Sad isn't it?

And petty :-))

But can expect these things now can't we? :-))

Kindest regards and Merry Christmas

You should take the opportunity to ask yourself WHY it's you of whom
so many people are both heartily sick and deeply contemptuous. All of
us drift off-topic occasionally but absolutely nobody else but you
wilfully introduces totally unrelated matters virtually every time you
post, always seeking glory by basking in the shadow of others who
really have achieved something. IF that's how you want to appear to
others, it may be the only thing you do successfully.

Amen

Baz
Old 20-12-2012, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the
next day or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water
hereabouts has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local
buses. What is going to compound, it in the future, is that they are
going to build houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra
drainage will be installed, which will move the problem further
downstream!

Building on flood plains should have been banned long ago.

Why?
Just have to build floating houses.

We do, thats why a some foundations are called rafts. The whole structure
moves, rather than part of it.

Baz
Old 20-12-2012, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote in
:

On 2012-12-20 15:20:47 +0000, Broadback

wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next
day or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water hereabouts
has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local buses. What
is going to compound, it in the future, is that they are going to
build houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra drainage will be
installed, which will move the problem further downstream!

And in our own very small way, I've just driven up one of our narrowes
lanes where the water is gushing down the side (no gutters) at such a
rate and with so much persistence that the tarmac is breaking up into
'steps' down the lane. It's creating a very pretty but dangerous
waterfall.

Sounds familiar to me. The small chunks can very quickly knock off
boulders. Scarper when that happens.

Baz
Old 20-12-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-20 15:20:47 +0000, Broadback

wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the next day
or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water hereabouts
has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local buses. What
is going to compound, it in the future, is that they are going to
build houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra drainage will be
installed, which will move the problem further downstream!

And in our own very small way, I've just driven up one of our narrowes
lanes where the water is gushing down the side (no gutters) at such a
rate and with so much persistence that the tarmac is breaking up into
'steps' down the lane. It's creating a very pretty but dangerous waterfall.

You should go with the flow.

wet wet wet summer zaax[_2_] United Kingdom 23 18-03-2013 03:03 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM