Old 14-07-2013, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cornish hotel garden

On 2013-07-14 19:19:02 +0100, Jake said:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:15:11 +0100, Jake wrote:

snip

To the best of my knowledge, Sacha has never used Agent.

David

User-Agent/Provider combination matches Judith. Here we go again!

Says Jake as he uses ForteAgent/7.00.32.1200.

You are Judith/Sandra and ICMFP

What an interesting life I do lead. And I didn't even know it. Okay,
so I'm Sacha and I use a Mac. My ISP is Zen and my mail program is
Apple and I use Unison for newsgroups. This does not vary. If someone
posts here with details other than those, they're not me, new laptop
blips notwithstanding! If anyone wants to email me, they'll have to
do it through the Nursery address and the message will either come to
me or be re-directed to me.
I'd like to think all this is going to stop now because I think it's
merely feeding the vanity/appetite/idiocy of the perpetrators. If
they're not the full shilling or are in some way disaffected or
disturbed, it may be unkind to encourage them by giving further
attention to them. YMMV. This message is a general one on the back of
Jake's. It's not intended for him alone! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-07-2013, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-14 17:08:03 +0000, Jake said:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 15:11:12 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Jake wrote:

User-Agent/Provider combination matches Judith. Here we go again!

The false Judith I think you mean. ;-)

David

Nope, the real one (the fake has (until now) used aioe.org, not
Giganews).

Can we just be clear that the Judith does not refer to Judith Lea who
posts as Judith in France? I'm now typing this from my MacBook Air, so
I hope it all works!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-07-2013, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-14 19:19:02 +0100, Jake said:

[...]

But the message to which you are replying didn't come from me (I don't
use Giganews). However, for historic professional reasons, I have
contacts at Giganews and I've emailed some header info for them to
look at. Bypasses the usual abuse system which rarely achieves
anything. I've suggested they trace back to ISP rather than just to
Giganews account.

Let's see what happens next.

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 14-07-2013, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Jake wrote:

User-Agent/Provider combination matches Judith. Here we go again!

The false Judith I think you mean. ;-)

David

Nope, the real one (the fake has (until now) used aioe.org, not
Giganews).

Can we just be clear that the Judith does not refer to Judith Lea who
posts as Judith in France? I'm now typing this from my MacBook Air, so
I hope it all works!

Yep. The issue appears to be with those posting as Judith/Judith in
England. Especially those who use the same Newsreader and Usenet host
as her. But I'm hoping we'll sort it soon.

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 14-07-2013, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:23:57 +0100, Jake
wrote:

Can we just be clear that the Judith does not refer to Judith Lea

who
posts as Judith in France? I'm now typing this from my MacBook

Air, so
I hope it all works!

Yep. The issue appears to be with those posting as Judith/Judith in
England. Especially those who use the same Newsreader and Usenet

host
as her. But I'm hoping we'll sort it soon.

The JiE troll (not you Judith Lea!) was vey naughty in uk.net.news a
week or so ago, subverting the RFD process in order to get a troll
published in the group it picks on. Used another posting name to try
and hide but was soon found out, has been very quiet since. This
business in urg has my spidey-senses all a-tingly, hopefully you
can...

....nip this in the bud

Old 14-07-2013, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Jake (an impostor) wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:15:11 +0100, Jake wrote:

snip

To the best of my knowledge, Sacha has never used Agent.

David

User-Agent/Provider combination matches Judith. Here we go again!

Says Jake as he uses ForteAgent/7.00.32.1200.

Actually he doesn't. His Agent ID ends with 1212.

Good to know you are still reading us, Judith, Judith in England, Jilly
and Emma Way and now Jake. It all helps to track you down! ;-)

David

Old 14-07-2013, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Chris Hogg wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:41:59 -0300, kathy.starke
wrote:

Groundhog Newsreader for Android, Aioe.org NNTP Server,

Troll!

Also used by Jilly and Emma Way. And Jilly also uses Forte Agent!

David

Old 14-07-2013, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:53:45 +0100, wrote:

A LOAD OF RUBBISH

TROLL!

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 14-07-2013, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-14 19:19:02 +0100, Jake said:

[...]

Good move. In the meantime perhaps it would be best to ignore it?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-07-2013, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 Sacha wrote:

On Sun, 14th July 2013 Jake wrote:

But the message to which you are replying didn't come from me (I
don't
use Giganews). However, for historic professional reasons, I have
contacts at Giganews and I've emailed some header info for them to
look at. Bypasses the usual abuse system which rarely achieves
anything. I've suggested they trace back to ISP rather than just to
Giganews account.
Let's see what happens next.

Good move. In the meantime perhaps it would be best to ignore it?

When people write unpleasant messages under their own names then it is
very easy to ignore them. But when people are posting messages using
the identity of well-known and respected posters, then it's probably a
good idea to draw attention to that fact otherwise a great deal of
confusion will occur with those who are more on the edges of urg - which
is, after all, the purpose of "stealing" the identities in the first
place.

There seem to be two people doing this, maybe the two are one and the
same person - I'm not sure. One is using ForteAgent with an ID ending in
1200, the other is using Groundhog for Android. That may change in the
future.

I'm not suggesting we make a big deal of this but simply refute any new
such postings immediately they are noticed - as Jake has done. It's easy
to recognise them by looking at the full headers.

David

Old 15-07-2013, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/07/2013 22:04, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:53:45 +0100, wrote:

A LOAD OF RUBBISH

TROLL!

Why can't Monsanto come up with "Cyber Roundup" for use in cases like this.
Old 15-07-2013, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-14 23:20:12 +0100, David Rance said:

[...]

All good points, David. I have no idea what 'fun' people get out of
those but perhaps their raison d'etre is simply to be a pain in the
fundament.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 15-07-2013, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-07-15 00:30:30 +0100, David Hill said:

On 14/07/2013 22:04, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:53:45 +0100, wrote:

A LOAD OF RUBBISH

TROLL!

Why can't Monsanto come up with "Cyber Roundup" for use in cases like this.

Lol!! Well, such people ARE pretty weedy! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 15-07-2013, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 Sacha wrote:

There seem to be two people doing this, maybe the two are one and
the same person - I'm not sure. One is using ForteAgent with an ID
ending in 1200, the other is using Groundhog for Android. That may
change in the future.

I'm not suggesting we make a big deal of this but simply refute any
new such postings immediately they are noticed - as Jake has done.
It's easy to recognise them by looking at the full headers.

David

All good points, David. I have no idea what 'fun' people get out of
those but perhaps their raison d'etre is simply to be a pain in the
fundament.

The "fun" is in being able to control others. There are control freaks
in all walks of life and I've no doubt you've met some of them from time
to time. The fun here is in provoking others to squabble through
misunderstandings. Such people have very low self-confidence and have to
get their kicks by being an irritant to others. The fact that others can
be easily annoyed by them is their reward. That's why you're right in
saying they should be ignored.

David

Cornish Gardens RG[_2_] United Kingdom 6 26-05-2012 04:07 PM
Good news from Cornish gardens Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 6 02-03-2009 03:31 PM
Calling the Cornish Nick Maclaren United Kingdom 5 18-09-2008 08:47 AM
WHAT TO PLANT ADJACENT TO CORNISH HEDGE? robz5166 Gardening 0 17-04-2004 07:39 PM
Cornish gardens kathie United Kingdom 11 05-04-2003 12:56 PM