Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2003, 08:20 AM
MC Emily

Default How do I grow a tree from a branch?

Sarah Dale wrote:
Keep that compost moist all the time. The branchlet will need to
drink a lot of water whilst the roots are growing in. Cherry's are
tough old things, I'd put the pot somewhere convenient rather than
next to the tree it came off!

Thanks for this advice. It's not too far from the house where it is so it's
convenient enough to keep an eye on it .

It's going to take a while for the roots to grow, if they do at all.
Make sure you have removed all except the top 2 or 3 leaves. You may
also want to shorten your cutting to just below a convenient bud - a
shorter cutting, i.e. one closer to the younger new flesh at the tip
of the branch might take more easily.

I think I'll take a picture of it later and stick it on my website for you
to see. Then you can tell me what to cut off and what to leave. Things
like this are so difficult to explain! )

HTH, Sarah

Yes, it does )) Thanks. I'll be back when I have a photo up.

Jaqy