Old 16-03-2004, 01:38 PM
Campbell Thompson

Default Hedging

I want to plant a new hedge in my back garden and am having problems
deciding what to go for. I have seen an evergreen on my travels that
looks like a Laurel but has lighter green, waxy leaves. I love the
laurel, but have the problem that I don't want to kill next door's
children when they decide to chew on a leaf or two! I have a distance
of about 100m to plant.

Old 17-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Emrys Davies

Photinia 'Red Robin' looks attractive, if you like something different.

http://www.hgc.ie/plants/hedging.asp

Regards,
EmrysDavies.

"Campbell Thompson" wrote in
message om...

Old 17-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Campbell Thompson

The thought had crossed my mind, but I was worried that I might come
out and find them stuck to it like barbed wire!!

With regards to the evergreen that I have seen, I think that I will
have to stop and pinch a bit when I see it.