Old 12-11-2004, 12:23 PM
bigboard

ex WGS Hamm wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

The world being what it is, I think you are in for quite a large
amount of trouble if an intruder gets seriouasly hurt by that animal
you keep. You should consider getting it put down.

You are a moron for even suggesting such a thing. I would *never* have
him
put down. If someone makes an effort to break into my land or home, they
deserve to get bitten. If he was savaged, who can say which of the dogs
did it? He would have to be able to say which of the dogs did it before
anything was done and then initially it would be a warning since he has no
black marks against him so far.
If some council house chavs try to get into my land intent on thieving
they
deserve all they get. Perhaps they should be put down.
Küss mich am arsche Sie blöde affe.

Franz is certainly not a moron. Anyone who relies solely on their vicious
dog not escaping from their back garden to prevent it attacking someone is
irresponsible. Anyone who keeps a vicious dog is irresponsible.

--
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."

Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Duncan Heenan" contains these words:

My understanding is that once a road had been adopted by a Local Authority
or The Highways Authority, everyone has a right of access to and over it.

Yes.

Criminal intent relates to the intention to commit a crime, not the
location
of the person having that intent.

Yes.

Am I wrong? If so, why? And why should I believe you?

Yes, but you are wrong in assuming that you have any right to use the
public highway in the commission of a criminal act. The public highway
may lawfully be used for passing and repassing, but may not be so used
unlawfully.

You don't have to believe me, but in my part-time life as a very
part-time gamekeeper I have to know these things. However, you can look
them up using the excellent references provided in the thread.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 12-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Duncan Heenan" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message

snip, snip, snip

No, there isn't. Trust me.

Trust a lawyer? (Exits laughing heartily.....)

IANAL...

I can see that from the quality of your advice.

Old 12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Duncan Heenan

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Duncan Heenan" contains these words:

My understanding is that once a road had been adopted by a Local
Authority
or The Highways Authority, everyone has a right of access to and over it.

Yes.

Criminal intent relates to the intention to commit a crime, not the
location
of the person having that intent.

Yes.

Am I wrong? If so, why? And why should I believe you?

Yes, but you are wrong in assuming that you have any right to use the
public highway in the commission of a criminal act. The public highway
may lawfully be used for passing and repassing, but may not be so used
unlawfully.

I have never heard of a public highway being used as a weapon, and I'm not
sure how else it could one could 'use it in the commission of a criminal
act'. A Public highway is used to travel or dwell on. They are not criminal
acts. I think you are confused. If you are arrested for doing something
unlawfully, it is what you are doing which will be unlawful, not the fact
that you might be doing it in the road - apart perhaps for some acts which
are legal in private but not in public.

You don't have to believe me, but in my part-time life as a very
part-time gamekeeper I have to know these things. However, you can look
them up using the excellent references provided in the thread.

Don't believe things just because they're on the internet:

A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian spring
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain
And drinking largely sobers us again.

Old 12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Spider

PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR wrote in message
How can I stop the kids next door keep coming round every 5 mins asking if
they can
go into my garden to get their ball back?

--

PhEaSaNt PLuCKeR

I had the same problem. Often, the ball was kicked over simply to create an
excuse for trespass. At first, I returned the ball. After many such
incidents, I warned the lads concerned that if their ball continued to land
in my garden, I would pierce it and put it in my dustbin.

This warning seemed to have the desired effect. By warning them, I felt I
was not stealing their ball, but simply confiscating it - permanently. The
law is usually reasonable enough to accomodate a fair warning. If you have
any doubts about this type of warning, I suggest you offer to return the
ball every time - but *only* if the parents collect it. I think you will
find this helpful! The chances are that the parents won't become involved
because the kids will suddenly stop sending the ball over.

Try it - it really worked for me. (By-the-way, I'm a 5'4" lady, not a 6'2"
bruiser!)
Spider

Old 12-11-2004, 03:23 PM
bigboard

Duncan Heenan wrote:

I have never heard of a public highway being used as a weapon, and I'm not
sure how else it could one could 'use it in the commission of a criminal
act'.

Hit and run, speeding, driving without due care and attention . . .

A Public highway is used to travel or dwell on. They are not
criminal acts. I think you are confused. If you are arrested for doing
something unlawfully, it is what you are doing which will be unlawful, not
the fact that you might be doing it in the road - apart perhaps for some
acts which are legal in private but not in public.

You don't have to believe me, but in my part-time life as a very
part-time gamekeeper I have to know these things. However, you can look
them up using the excellent references provided in the thread.

Don't believe things just because they're on the internet:

A little learning is a dangerous thing
Drink deep or taste not the Pierian spring
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain
And drinking largely sobers us again.

--
"I strongly recommend if you only ever read one book in your life...
you keep your ****ing mouth shut."

Old 12-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Duncan Heenan

"bigboard" wrote in message
Duncan Heenan wrote:

I have never heard of a public highway being used as a weapon, and I'm
not
sure how else it could one could 'use it in the commission of a criminal
act'.

Hit and run, speeding, driving without due care and attention . . .

No. It is the vehicle which is used to commit the unlawful act, not the
public highway. Without the vehicle there would be no breech of the law.

[...]

I strongly recommend that if you're worried that people will think you a
fool because you keep your mouth shut, you continue to do so rather than
open it and prove them right.

Old 12-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Joanne

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

| Trespass to land occurs where a person directly enters upon
| another's land without permission, or remains upon the land, or places

or projects

| I have never in my life given any postman permission to enter my
| property. Does that mean I can sue him for trespass next time he
| places an object like a pile of junk mail on my land?

Trespass is not a criminal offence. It's a civil offence. You cannot be
prosecuted for trespass, nor can you be sued for trespass unless you have
caused damage or loss. There is an implied permission to walk up a driveway
and knock on a front door, however if you're asked to leave and you refuse,
then you become a trespasser and the homeowner may use reasonable force to
move you.

Old 12-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Joanne" contains these words:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

| Trespass to land occurs where a person directly enters upon
| another's land without permission, or remains upon the land, or places

or projects

| I have never in my life given any postman permission to enter my
| property. Does that mean I can sue him for trespass next time he
| places an object like a pile of junk mail on my land?

Trespass is not a criminal offence.

Nowhere in yhe thread has it been suggested that it is.

It's a civil offence.

As has been stated several times in this thread.

You cannot be
prosecuted for trespass,

I don't remember anyone suggesting that you could, and Nick certainly didn't.

nor can you be sued for trespass unless you have
caused damage or loss.

Yes you can.

There is an implied permission to walk up a driveway
and knock on a front door,

I don't know how you work that out. Your right to enter anyone's
property to knock on their door is conditional. Try knocking on Old
Molly's door...

however if you're asked to leave and you refuse,
then you become a trespasser and the homeowner may use reasonable force to
move you.

Why are you telling us all this? Are you a troll, or just
comprehensionally challenged?

Old 12-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Joanne

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

There is an implied permission to walk up a driveway
and knock on a front door,

I don't know how you work that out. Your right to enter anyone's
property to knock on their door is conditional.
Why are you telling us all this? Are you a troll, or just
comprehensionally challenged?

It seems as though I must be comprehensionally challenged because I've no
idea why you're so snippy. I was merely adding my bit to the thread, as I
am entitled, and I don't appreciate being called a troll or being abused by
you.

My info was from
http://www.freebeagles.org/articles/..._4/lb4-21.html so you can
go and tell them they're wrong if you want to, Mr Part-Time Gamekeeper.

Old 12-11-2004, 10:30 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"bigboard" wrote in message
ex WGS Hamm wrote:

[...]

What makes me irresponsible? I have a dog which bites. He is never allowed
to run loose, my land is completely secure, he could not get out, if I take
him out in the car, he is either on the lead and muzled or we go along the
riverbanks where no other people go.
How am I irresponsible? I am probably more responsible than someone with a
dog who is untrained, gets out of the garden and runs in the road or jumps
up in a friendly manner and knocks over old people or children.
The only time he would be in a position to be able to bite is if someone
decided to break into my property. If someone tried to break in even though
all 7 dogs are going crazy on the other side of the gates they must be
mental. Would you?
Keeping a vicous dog is not irresponsible, keeping any kind of dog which
might bite and allowing it the chance to bite is irresponsible.

Old 12-11-2004, 10:33 PM
ex WGS Hamm

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
I don't know how you work that out. Your right to enter anyone's
property to knock on their door is conditional. Try knocking on Old
Molly's door...

Not many dare to :0) And that isn't because of my lovely Kip either.

Old 13-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "ex WGS Hamm" contains these words:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
I don't know how you work that out. Your right to enter anyone's
property to knock on their door is conditional. Try knocking on Old
Molly's door...

Not many dare to :0) And that isn't because of my lovely Kip either.

"Trick or tr-eeeeeeeek!

Old 13-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Joanne" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message

There is an implied permission to walk up a driveway
and knock on a front door,

I don't know how you work that out. Your right to enter anyone's
property to knock on their door is conditional.
Why are you telling us all this? Are you a troll, or just
comprehensionally challenged?

It seems as though I must be comprehensionally challenged because I've no
idea why you're so snippy. I was merely adding my bit to the thread, as I
am entitled, and I don't appreciate being called a troll or being abused by
you.

You might try reading the thread and replying to points, rather than
posting what several others have said already, as well as a complete
non-sequitur: indeed, suggesting the poster of the text you quoted had
said something completely opposite to what he in fact did say.