Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Ford Prefect

Default Rare Plants Nursery Lost Order.

Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Sacha

On 5/5/05 20:58, in article ,
"Ford Prefect" wrote:

Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

One of the reasons we won't do mail order. ;-( If they'd replaced your
plants they'd have been out of pocket twice, for the plants and for the
postage. Without knowing more about their set up, it's impossible to make a
judgment but I do know that their stock is rare and expensive. I've bought
from them myself in the past and to be fair, had no problems.
That said, if they have some arrangement with the PO or some receipt of
postage, they are the ones to sort it out.
After some real begging and pleading last year, we sent a Paulownia to a
customer - something we never do normally - and naturally, it got delayed in
the post and arrived looking half dead. When he rang to say so, we tore up
his cheque and told him to keep the plant and try to revive it, hoping for
the best. Whatever happened, we were the losers and we hope most genuinely
that he gained. But it was a lesson to us never to bend our own rule again.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Bob Hobden

"Sacha" wrote after,
"Ford wrote:

[...]

Also gives us all a damn good excuse to visit your part of Devon, if one is
needed. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Old 05-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Phil L

Ford Prefect wrote:
:: Anyone had problems ordering from them?
:: I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted
:: them and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that
:: was that, I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I
:: spoke to a very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that
:: Rare Plants didn't replace the plants straight away or at least
:: offer an alternative.
:: I think it's called customer service or something like that!
:: Ford.

I see, so you were told to contact Royal Mail whose fault it was, refused to
do so and now want to moan about it....I'm not surprised your local nursery
were badmouthing Rare Plants, they obviously don't want you to shop there,
it's called customer poaching.

Rare Plants must send out thousands of plants per month via RM, do you think
you are the first person not to recieve something? - get in touch with RM,
they can reimburse you, RP can not, and should not.

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Sacha

On 5/5/05 22:35, in article , "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote after,
"Ford wrote:

[...]

;-) Urglers always welcome! But not via mail order!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 06-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Broadback

Phil L wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote:
[...]

First did Rare Plants get a proof of posting document from the Post
Office, they should have and it is free? Secondly do they make it clear
that it is sent at your risk, surely they should? Finally do they
offer, for a small charge insurance, if not why not?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:48 AM
sam-boy

On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:58:00 GMT, Ford Prefect
wrote:

Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

I regularly sell plants via many methods, but visually you can see the
feedback for those sold via Ebay (with over 500 sales), and I have
nearly 100% delivery via RM
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ5...ZgrayQ5fba le

I have only had 2 'non delivered' items.
1 - 2 packets of seeds were sent out in the same envelope, only 1
packet arrived.
2 - Item plant not delivered.

In both instances I replaced FOC even thou I was not 100% sure of non
delivery.

However if 'non delivery' goes above an acceptable amount, I would
have to decline offering replacement or money back. As the customer is
always made aware prior to order, that all items are sent out non
insured and entirely at customers risk. However Proof of Posting is
always requested at RM.

If there is a non delivery, I scan the Proof of Posting and email that
to the customer, as its the customers responsibility to track the
parcel down.

Commerically the customer owns the goods as soon as all monies have
been recieved and cheques cleared and the goods have been handed over
to a 3rd party ie RM, unless otherwise agreed.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

;-) Urglers always welcome! But not via mail order!

May we arrive as attachments, then?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
griz

Phil L wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote:
[...]

Whaaat? No way, Rare Plants are definitely the ones that should take
action.

They should ship the replacements and they, NOT the customer should claim
against Royal Mail. It's their problem, NOT the customer's. They are the
ones who posted the plants, so they have the paperwork to prove they have
done it.

If you buy something, you enter into a contract - the customer paid, they
did not deliver the goods, they are in breach.

As a customer you could probably claim with RM if something arrives
damaged, but it's probably more difficult if it doesn't arrive at all. But
why should you as a customer have to go through any hassle at all? The
supplier should sort it out with RM after they resent you replacements or
refunded you.

I don't know what amounts are involved and how the payment was made, but I
would be furious no matter what amount. If you paid by credit card, you
can actually call the cc company, they will refund you the money and take
it back from Rare Plants (they are called chargebacks, the credit card
company can ask the supplier to prove they fulfilled the order). If you
paid by cheque, write a letter threatening legal action if they don't give
you refund or replacement within 7 days. As a consumer you have rights,
don't let them fob you off.

Griz
Old 06-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Sacha

On 6/5/05 12:21 pm, in article
, "Jaques d'Alltrades"
wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

;-) Urglers always welcome! But not via mail order!

May we arrive as attachments, then?

As long as you don't come in bytes. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 06-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Mike

If you are ever this way we will take you there for a bite - excellent
tea rooms. ))

Jennifer and Edward

:-)) will be there again later :-))

Joan and Mike ;-))

Exotica rare fruit tree nursery, New web site Plant Biology 0 04-01-2007 07:14 PM
Rare plants Sacha United Kingdom 0 19-04-2006 02:41 PM
Rare Plants Fair Ornata United Kingdom 0 05-04-2005 11:44 AM
WTB: rare (sub)tropical plants Gaby Chaudry United Kingdom 27 16-08-2004 06:00 PM
looking for ....rare plants my full name i dont know my full name Australia 4 02-02-2004 04:44 AM