Old 06-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jennifer Sparkes contains these words:

OK. I'm a bit big for the modem cable, so I'll come in bits.

If you are ever this way we will take you there for a bite - excellent
tea rooms. ))

Why, thank you. Should I come reassembled, or as extruded from the
telecom cables?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 06-05-2005, 10:29 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

OK. I'm a bit big for the modem cable, so I'll come in bits.

And will you be more than the sum of your parts?

I do hope so - the latter alone could be rather embarassin'...

Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 PM
pammyT

"Ford Prefect" wrote in message
Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

For a start what they told you is wrong. Distance selling regulations state
that the onuis is on the seller to ensre the item arrives with the customer
and make a claim if it doesn't. You are entitled by law to a refund or
another lot of plants. Contact them again and remond them of their legal
obligations and mention trading standards.

Old 07-05-2005, 05:39 PM
pammyT

"Phil L" wrote in message
news
I see, so you were told to contact Royal Mail whose fault it was, refused

do so and now want to moan about it....I'm not surprised your local

nursery
were badmouthing Rare Plants, they obviously don't want you to shop there,
it's called customer poaching.

Rare Plants must send out thousands of plants per month via RM, do you

think
you are the first person not to recieve something? - get in touch with RM,
they can reimburse you, RP can not, and should not.

actually you are wrong. Do a google for 'distance selling regulation'.

Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

And you are making that tea with leaf, not bags, I trust?

For you, dear, I'll grow the camellia myself. ;-)

To save time, you might visit the tea plantation in, IIRC, Cornwall.

My tea shelf is beginning to look quite orderly: Caley's chocolate
drink, and their fudge-flavoured one come in jars which just fit the
shelf, and I'm gradually filling it with those rather pleasant brown
glass [_]-sectioned screwtop jars.

So far, I've 11 of them, and there's room for another five. Trouble is,
that I've another six jars of tea to fit in...

Anyone know of a source of []-sectioned tall screwtop jars? (actually,
thinking about it, the gunpowder will be staying in the Curtis and
Harvey's gunpowder container. I'm just waiting for the local Firearms
officer to come and inspect my security...

Old 08-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Dave Poole contains these words:

Sacha wrote:

Well you should concentrate on that chocolate fudge cake first, then
you can e-mail some over for me to store so I can take a byte when I'm
feeling a bit peckish

LOL! Next time you come over you get a chunk for the freezer!

Erm, would that mean a bit of frost byte?

No, nothing serious, don't worry it is just a temporary 'freeze'. ))

Jennifer

Old 08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Dave

;-) Urglers always welcome! But not via mail order!

May we arrive as attachments, then?

As long as you don't come in bytes. ;-)

OK. I'm a bit big for the modem cable, so I'll come in bits.

If you are ever this way we will take you there for a bite - excellent
tea rooms. ))

Sacha writes
I'm trying desperate to 'computerise' scone, cream, jam, cake and failing
miserable! ;-)

Haven't you put a few pics on a website anywhere?? Seems like it should
be the perfect accompaniment to a nursery / day visit, esp in Devon :-))

Or do you mean the mechanics of loading a pic?

All these recommendations mean I shall have to go and get some scones
and cream NOW, probably with greengage jam, or maybe blackcurrant jelly,
or perhaps plum jam....

But chocolate fudge cake.... to take away...
--
David
Old 08-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Dave contains these words:
Sacha writes
I'm trying desperate to 'computerise' scone, cream, jam, cake and failing
miserable! ;-)

Haven't you put a few pics on a website anywhere?? Seems like it should
be the perfect accompaniment to a nursery / day visit, esp in Devon :-))

Or do you mean the mechanics of loading a pic?

All these recommendations mean I shall have to go and get some scones
and cream NOW, probably with greengage jam, or maybe blackcurrant jelly,
or perhaps plum jam....

But chocolate fudge cake.... to take away...

How about mail-order chocolate fudge cake, Sacha? :-)

It's easier to just supply the seeds.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:
The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

How about mail-order chocolate fudge cake, Sacha? :-)

It's easier to just supply the seeds.

There's a big market out there for little bite-sized plug plants

Hmmmm. Mmmmmmm! I'll plug bite-sized choccy fudge-cakes.

Old 18-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Ford Prefect

I've had major PC problems just recently so only just checked in
today, thanks to all who replied looks like I've missed most of them
(the main ones I've got are about chocolate cake?!) amazing what you
miss when your off line for a week or so :0)
Yes I am annoyed at the loss of the plants and having to do the
running round with regards to compensation from the post office but as
to chasing the nursery with legal threats (I know I probably should
but I'm not confident on the phone) In a way I was more sad at the
thought of the plants I had ordered slowly drying out in some dusty
sorting office or ending up with someone who hadn't a clue how to look
after them, also it was a couple of months ago. I only wanted to see
if anyone else had had similar problems.
As to the seller giving a refund/replacement I work in retail and we
do it as a matter of course just to keep our customer loyally
(sometimes IMHO I think we shouldn't but we do).
On the subject of the other nursery poaching my custom they already
had it and they only sell a limited amount of the plants I had ordered
from RP (Arisaema if anyone is interested).
Sorry if I caused major ripples in the group.
Ford.

On Sat, 7 May 2005 17:30:31 +0100, "pammyT"
wrote:

"Ford Prefect" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

For a start what they told you is wrong. Distance selling regulations state
that the onuis is on the seller to ensre the item arrives with the customer
and make a claim if it doesn't. You are entitled by law to a refund or
another lot of plants. Contact them again and remond them of their legal
obligations and mention trading standards.

Exotica rare fruit tree nursery, New web site Plant Biology 0 04-01-2007 07:14 PM
Rare plants Sacha United Kingdom 0 19-04-2006 02:41 PM
Rare Plants Fair Ornata United Kingdom 0 05-04-2005 11:44 AM
WTB: rare (sub)tropical plants Gaby Chaudry United Kingdom 27 16-08-2004 06:00 PM
looking for ....rare plants my full name i dont know my full name Australia 4 02-02-2004 04:44 AM