Old 29-08-2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Organic Buying spree.............

"Omelet" wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Have you figured out the cost for a 1,500 sq. ft. garden? Nothing
economical about it. Humic acid is provided by the free compost we
add every year. The fish emulsion is supposed to supply
micronutrients.

I'm still just using the old composted soil from where the chicken and
emu yards used to be, but your garden is bigger than mine. g

I know what you mean. That's some GOOD stuff. When I kept dairy goats
and chickens I always had several piles of manure in different stages of
composting and no close neighbors to complain. Steam would be coming
off them on cold days. :-)

lol Seen that too!

I can still shovel emu turds for composting

even tho' I just have the one pet bird now...

so were they good eatin?

but emu turds are BIG.

Pauli weighs around 130 lbs. g

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/KathyApollo2.jpg

My huggy girl. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Crime does not pay as well as Politics".
-- Anon.

Old 29-08-2008, 05:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote:

"Omelet" wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Have you figured out the cost for a 1,500 sq. ft. garden? Nothing
economical about it. Humic acid is provided by the free compost we
add every year. The fish emulsion is supposed to supply
micronutrients.

I'm still just using the old composted soil from where the chicken and
emu yards used to be, but your garden is bigger than mine. g

I know what you mean. That's some GOOD stuff. When I kept dairy goats
and chickens I always had several piles of manure in different stages of
composting and no close neighbors to complain. Steam would be coming
off them on cold days. :-)

lol Seen that too!

I can still shovel emu turds for composting

even tho' I just have the one pet bird now...

so were they good eatin?

Actually, the wild ones were. g
I can differentiate.

Taste kinda like Venison... not chicken!

I gave away the two tame pairs.

The tastiest emu were the young ones roasted or smoked whole, skin on at
about 16 to 32 weeks. Plenty wild when I let daddy bird set the nest and
raise the young.

In emus, the female just lays the eggs. The rooster does all the work.

Old 29-08-2008, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Marie Dodge wrote:

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message

"Marie Dodge" wrote

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote

"Marie Dodge" wrote

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote

mind sharing specifics for Kate and the locals?

Specifics? I don't understand. ?!??! I can't find most of these
products (fish emulsion, Dipel) locally anymore.
We had to drive to a Farmer's Co-Op about 30 miles from here.

Specifics like name, address, telephone and website of the Co-Op if
they have one.

Huh? They don't ship so why would you want that information?

"for Kate and the locals?" Suppose they could walk in and buy?

Who is "Kate and the locals?" They're free to walk in and by at any
Farmer's Co-Op. Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

I'm Kate and don't know of a local to Nashville TN Farmer's Co-op that
carries organic supplies. I'd be interested to know where one is.
Old 30-08-2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Hasta-gro is a liquid concentrate. It's supposed to be pretty
economical?

[...]

Oh, my neighbors had some of these large birds. :-) After about 5 years
they sold them. They were popular here about 10 to 15 years ago.

My huggy girl. :-)

Old 30-08-2008, 03:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message
"Marie Dodge" wrote

Who is "Kate and the locals?"

Short memory Marie:
Msg-ID:

What does the above mean? Is that her email address?

You'll have to figure out how a Nashvil-ite translates into a local
yourself.

They're free to walk in and by at any Farmer's Co-Op.

That's what I was thinking, that's why I'm wondering why you haven't
posted the address yet?

Whose address? She doesn't have a browser on her PC?

Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

Oh I enjoy browsing the store.

Then give her the address or have her Google the one closest to where she
lives.

Old 30-08-2008, 03:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"kate" wrote in message
. ..
Marie Dodge wrote:
Who is "Kate and the locals?" They're free to walk in and by at any
Farmer's Co-Op. Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

I'm Kate and don't know of a local to Nashville TN Farmer's Co-op that
carries organic supplies. I'd be interested to know where one is.

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If they
don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did) that does.
They will be glad to help you.

Old 30-08-2008, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Marie Dodge wrote:

"kate" wrote in message
. ..

Marie Dodge wrote:

Who is "Kate and the locals?" They're free to walk in and by at any
Farmer's Co-Op. Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

I'm Kate and don't know of a local to Nashville TN Farmer's Co-op that
carries organic supplies. I'd be interested to know where one is.

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did) that
does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely
non existant store but thanks for the suggestion.
Old 30-08-2008, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

[...]

I got mine when the market dropped.

I did not pay 10K per bird. g

Old 31-08-2008, 12:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"kate" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

"kate" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

Who is "Kate and the locals?" They're free to walk in and by at any
Farmer's Co-Op. Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

I'm Kate and don't know of a local to Nashville TN Farmer's Co-op that
carries organic supplies. I'd be interested to know where one is.

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did) that
does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely non
existant store but thanks for the suggestion.

*good* *eye* Kate

(a troll is little help and lots of lies

Old 31-08-2008, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Steve Young wrote:

"kate" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

"kate" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

Who is "Kate and the locals?" They're free to walk in and by at any
Farmer's Co-Op. Just go in and ask for the Organic section.

I'm Kate and don't know of a local to Nashville TN Farmer's Co-op that
carries organic supplies. I'd be interested to know where one is.

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did) that
does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely
non
existant store but thanks for the suggestion.

*good* *eye* Kate

(a troll is little help and lots of lies

I wonder if there even is a garden...

Old 31-08-2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"kate" wrote

Steve Young wrote:

"kate" wrote

Marie Dodge wrote:

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did)
that does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely
non existant store but thanks for the suggestion.

*good* *eye* Kate

(a troll is little help and lots of lies

I wonder if there even is a garden...

good point,... she's so out of kilter with amendments and natural
synergy, it's hard to believe she scratches in the dirt at all. Prolly only
piles it high and deep under her Monsanto rep's cap

Old 31-08-2008, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote:
"kate" wrote
Steve Young wrote:
"kate" wrote
Marie Dodge wrote:
Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did)
that does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely
non existant store but thanks for the suggestion.

*good* *eye* Kate

(a troll is little help and lots of lies

I wonder if there even is a garden...

good point,... she's so out of kilter with amendments and natural
synergy, it's hard to believe she scratches in the dirt at all. Prolly only
piles it high and deep under her Monsanto rep's cap

It's kind of like a vandal knocking over the trash cans and then sitting
in the bushes laughing as you have to clean up all the mess. A troll's
main source of gratification is not only getting others to buy into
their hornswoggle, but causing them to expend extensive resources and
time. No doubt there's some kind of DSM tag for it.... Shameless liar &
equivocation disorder... or something like that.
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot
Old 01-09-2008, 06:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:
Oh, my neighbors had some of these large birds. :-) After about 5
years
they sold them. They were popular here about 10 to 15 years ago.

I got mine when the market dropped.

I did not pay 10K per bird. g

They lost quite an investment as I understand. They're back to raising
cattle.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"kate" wrote in message
. ..
Marie Dodge wrote:

Try using Google (as I did) to find the one closest to your home. If
they don't carry organics ask them for the nearest store (as I did) that
does. They will be glad to help you.

More glad than you are to help me? I guess I won't google for a likely non
existant store but thanks for the suggestion.

Your browser failed to find:

Davidson Farmers Co-Op
3511 Dickerson Pike
Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 860-4774

It's not nice to be a decietful liar. Shame on you!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message

(a troll is little help and lots of lies

Your browser failed to find this Co-Op also? It's been there for years.

Davidson Farmers Co-Op
3511 Dickerson Pike
Nashville, TN 37207
(615) 860-4774

It's not nice to be a decietful liar like Kate. Shame on you!