Old 17-02-2011, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Homemade Insecticides - Tobaco

Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:24 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Gunny wrote:
Ahh... I understand now. Know it was the stupid rabbit David, not
you. I don't have you in the group that needs a hot coffee warning
label so as to know it might burn if you spill it on you.

Another urban myth for the chattering class.

Its a joke Dumbass!!! but one would expect you to try to p[sycho
babble and google BS in an attempt to make yourself look cute,
take your pick he http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml

but it that all you got?

That is a great site!

On my owners manual of my dremel drill the first sentence was a warning
label.
"DO NOT USE FOR DENTAL WORK" I laughed my head off, because before I
bought the thing I joked the salesperson, I could use this thing for dental
work!

The sad truth is one has to use the labels because of lawsuits. Say the
wrong thing to women - get a sexual harassment suit. Say the wrong word to
a police officer and you go to jail. One wrong saying to your boss, "like
can I have raise" and your fired. Without label warnings you get sued, with
out miranda rights one could go to jail. Without unions your screwed.

Unless you want to live in a communist world when there are no freedoms of
speech, no juries, no unions... Then get used to living with labels, people
are responsible for what they say and do.

Glad I have dental insurance from my government paid pension plan.
For that Dremel label I wonder how many people messed up their teeth with
that drill.

Old 17-02-2011, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:08 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Again, no one has given any specific amount. again you google wikiin
an attempt to justify nothing.

Do you know enough to not drink the tea or do you need to be warned
also?

Yes, labels are needed to protect yourself from those that are stupid and
those that are intelligent by playing stupid. If you do not protect
yourself you are stupid!

If your looking for the LD, Lethal Dose, for nicotine it is on the
Wikipedia site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine. In the Toxicology section for
ingestion and on skin absorption provides the numbers.

Old 17-02-2011, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 16, 4:46*am, DavidofWales DavidofWales.
wrote:
Hi, thanks to everyone who gave me valuable information and the links to
other relevant web pages. *As you nice people and constructive posters
can see this is my third post, and I would like to give a forum a chance
before I leave it. * These thanks exclude the first poster Nad as they
called me stupid. *

If Nad had bothered to read my post properly asking for help Nad
wouldn't of bothered replying in such a way that makes themselfes come
across (I'm not saying they are) but come across like an obnoxious,
nasally spoken know it all with far too many references to television
programmes. *God I cringed and felt embarrassed for Nad when I read
their reply!

OK I've been thinking about using the nicotine extracted from Nicotiana
Tobbacum as it's a natural mechanism of defence against insects. *I've
just realised it's a broad spectrum insecticide and will therefore not
be using it on my vedge. *I want as much predatory wildlife in my garden
as much as I don't want pests!

I think I'm going to try the soap methods and plant some marigolds
amongst my rows. *I've read some interesting information on caffeine as
an insecticide but if you get the concentration wrong it may scorch the
foliage. *In a low enough concentration it might just act as a
deterrent. *I’ll try it when there's an outbreak of pests on my patch..

Again, thanks to all those who have contributed information
constructively.

--
DavidofWales

one question before you go David. Would you drink tabacco tea? Do
you have neighbors that might?

Good luck with that garden.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 16, 7:00*pm, Nad R wrote:
Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:08 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Again, no one has given any specific amount. again you google wikiin
an attempt to justify nothing.

Do you know enough to not drink the tea or do you need to be warned
also?

Yes, labels are needed to protect yourself from those that are stupid and
those that are intelligent by playing stupid. If you do not protect
yourself you are stupid!

If your looking for the LD, Lethal Dose, for nicotine it is on the
Wikipedia site.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine. *In the Toxicology section for
ingestion and on skin absorption provides the numbers.

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R *(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I know what the LD 50 of nicotine is dannabilly, but I suspect you
don't quite understand it beyond what you just googled on wiki do
you?

Old 17-02-2011, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 16, 6:45*pm, Nad R wrote:
Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:24 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
*"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Gunny wrote:
Ahh... I understand now. *Know it was the stupid rabbit David, *not
you. *I don't have you in the group that needs a hot coffee warning

Dan writes: "Unless you want to live in a communist world when there
are no freedoms of
speech, no juries, no unions... Then get used to living with labels,
people
are responsible for what they say and do."

Really Dan? I'm a bit confused here. You have so far alluded to me
being on both sides in this one thread. Please don't be so fickle.
Let me know what side your really wanting to be on, the Left or the
Right side and I will almost guarentee that I will be on the
opposite ? More important is, How does this relate to you needing to
be told not to drink Tobacco tea?

Please don't play silly little argument games. Stick to facts and the
subject or go to timeout and sit in the corner.

I do have to say that since you two(?) have begun your little
diatribes here I am beginning to rethink my premise that folks have
enough common sense not to drink tobacco tea. You and lil wildbilly
make a very great case for putting warning labels on everything.

Old 17-02-2011, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Feb 16, 6:27*pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

so your TUI again huh?
Old 17-02-2011, 03:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 7:00 pm, Nad R wrote:
Gunner wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:08 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Again, no one has given any specific amount. again you google wikiin
an attempt to justify nothing.

Do you know enough to not drink the tea or do you need to be warned
also?

Yes, labels are needed to protect yourself from those that are stupid and
those that are intelligent by playing stupid. If you do not protect
yourself you are stupid!

If your looking for the LD, Lethal Dose, for nicotine it is on the
Wikipedia site.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine. In the Toxicology section for
ingestion and on skin absorption provides the numbers.

I know what the LD 50 of nicotine is dannabilly, but I suspect you
don't quite understand it beyond what you just googled on wiki do
you?

The use of pesticides and the LD50 on pesticide labels was taught in my
Master Gardeners Classes. Yes I know what LD is about. I listed the site
because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one has
given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and
David used reason and you continue to doubt?

I am beginning to think you are beyond the concept of reason. You live by
rhetoric and not reason in which nothing can be explained to you or change
your mind. You and I have our beliefs. I live by reason and to change my
mind you need logical reasonable steps. When it comes to science, I have a
feeling you will take the word of a minister about science over a
scientist.

Old 17-02-2011, 04:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Gunner wrote:

Really Dan? I'm a bit confused here. You have so far alluded to me
being on both sides in this one thread. Please don't be so fickle.
Let me know what side your really wanting to be on, the Left or the
Right side and I will almost guarentee that I will be on the
opposite ?

Neither, I am not on the left or the right. By your writings it sounds like
your world is black or white, right or wrong, them or us, opposite of the
other. My world of right and wrong are two thin lines with a vast grey
middle. That is why you are confused because your thoughts are perhaps
polarized, positive or negative and cannot understand anything other way of
thinking.

More important is, How does this relate to you needing to
be told not to drink Tobacco tea?

By my nature, I protect myself by protecting others. If I state something
that might harm another or get someone in trouble by direct or indirect
means, I could be in trouble with the law or get sued. By protecting myself
I will state the obvious like "Do Not Drink It, because of harm" even
though few if any will.

Like before, why state the obvious? Because people will and have done
stupid things. Even antifreeze has warning poison labels on them, why? To
protect themselves from legal problems. Like those companies to protect
myself.

But also not just legal problems. If I said something that caused physical
harm to others, if seemed humorous or innocent at the time, I would also
feel emotionally bad and I do not want to feel bad. I know others would not
feel bad and laugh at others misery. I have a feeling you are in the laugh
at others category.

Now as a third person, when others states things that physically harm
others. I will laugh at the stupidity of others of both sides. Like your
list of warnings. Since I did not directly or indirectly caused the harm, I
would not feel guilty or bad. Call me self centered if you wish

If this does not answer your question, then I do not know what will.

Old 17-02-2011, 08:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Gunny wrote:
Ahh... I understand now. Know it was the stupid rabbit David, not
you. I don't have you in the group that needs a hot coffee warning
label so as to know it might burn if you spill it on you.

Another urban myth for the chattering class.

And wrongly attributed to David.

Seinfeld mocked it. Letterman ranked it in his top ten list. And more
than fifteen years later, its infamy continues.

A case of McFiction.

Old 17-02-2011, 08:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"DavidofWales" wrote in message
news

Hi, thanks to everyone who gave me valuable information and the links to
other relevant web pages. As you nice people and constructive posters
can see this is my third post, and I would like to give a forum a chance
before I leave it. These thanks exclude the first poster Nad as they
called me stupid.

Nad is less venal than some of the posts here David.

Old 17-02-2011, 08:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Nad R" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:

I listed the site
because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one has
given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and
David used reason and you continue to doubt?

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

Old 17-02-2011, 09:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:

I listed the site
because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one has
given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and
David used reason and you continue to doubt?

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

One post seems like a complement by calling me "less venal" less
corruptible and this post recommends the kill file on me

Interesting, very interesting

Old 17-02-2011, 10:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Nad R" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:

I listed the site
because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one
has
given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and
David used reason and you continue to doubt?

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

One post seems like a complement by calling me "less venal" less
corruptible and this post recommends the kill file on me

Well I don't consider you venal but the new David seems to do so.

And I do recommend the killfile. I use it to reduce the amount of rubbish
posts :-))

Interesting, very interesting

I wouldn't have thought so :-))

Old 17-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered User

Location: Wales, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner[_3_] View Post
wrote:
[...]

I'm not going anywhere mate, this forums entertainning and no I don't know anyone who drinks the tea ha, surely chewing it is much worst though?

I'm not bothered I know it kills the good guys as well as the bad guys so I'll be trying other methods. Think I'll buy a ruck of ladybirds when the time comes.

Dave
Old 17-02-2011, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Nad R" wrote in message
Gunner wrote:

I listed the site
because you kept asking the same stupid question about "Again, no one
has
given any specific amount". Billy posted the numbers, I posted sites and
David used reason and you continue to doubt?

The killfile is very effective. I can recommend it's usage.

One post seems like a complement by calling me "less venal" less
corruptible and this post recommends the kill file on me

Interesting, very interesting

As I read FarmI's post, I saw it as her recommending that you, Nad R, should
killfile Gunner. I could be wrong but either way it shows how arguments
start and continue.

Mike