Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Bill

Default Oh really?

Bry,
Perhaps you should do your own research before debunking that of others.

http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/DynaPa...=doi1068248028
( http://www.sciencenews.org/20020629/food.asp (Week of June 29, 2002;
Vol. 161, No. 26)

Mortality rate at 55% in concentrations as low as .5% (one-half percent).
Repellent at .1%. As long as they are gone, I don't care whether they died
or whether they simply moved to friendlier soil so I won't debate you
about what my final application rate was. The stuff is deadly in the
concentrations normal for NoDoze.

I broadcast fresh grounds at about twice the rate I would apply fertilizer
to my lawn. I had hoped to give folks a better number to work with by now,
but the stuff works so well, there hasn't been much reason to re-applyit.
My best guess as to an application rate would be about 1# per 100 sq ft. I
have 280 sq ft (I garden in raised boxes so I have a pretty good handle on
my sq footage) and I get almost two applications from a 5# can.

Okay ... you've got the research links. Debate _them_ if you want. I've
provided my proofs and won't waste more time defending what I KNOW (from
research and direct personal experience) to be true with someone who has
done neither the research nor the actual experimentation.

Bry, I think the Brits on this list are well able to clue you in about tea
and caffeine and Queen Victoria. That they haven't already is a testament
to their generally good manner. However, as a 51 year old American, I can
assure you that my mother was not a "Victorian" woman.

Nonetheless, I didn't get this recipe from her -- I got it from the
research conducted at the University of Hawaii that was published in June
of 2002.

You are guessing. I am speaking from experience. Have a nice day.

Bill