Old 02-11-2006, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Stainless Steel in the Garden

Hi there I have just joined this group and would like to introduce
myself. My name is Jake Howard AKA The Deadlyartichoke and I make
sculptures for agrdens out of recycled stainless steel. I have
recently posted them on my web site and if you are interested to look
and leave feedback then they can be seen @ www.llamaseven.com .
cheers for now

Old 03-11-2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

Kill the damn music on your site. I might have looked but become
irritated when websites blare sounds out of my speakers. If you want
background music put a button somewhere where I can decide whether or
not I want to listen. It disturbs me that obnoxious myspace web design
concepts have leached outside of the myspace domain.

In article says...

Old 03-11-2006, 01:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
Kill the damn music on your site.

Ahhhhhhhhmen, what he said.......I hate that music and also fluttering,
running, dancing, kissing, giffy type crappola. Keep it simple. If you want
to sell a product just sell it; the "dazzle them with bullsh*t" is a total
turn off.

Val

Old 03-11-2006, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Val" wrote in message
"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
Kill the damn music on your site.

Ahhhhhhhhmen, what he said.......I hate that music and also fluttering,
running, dancing, kissing, giffy type crappola. Keep it simple. If you
want to sell a product just sell it; the "dazzle them with bullsh*t" is
a total turn off.

Reminds me of the circa 1995 websites that discovered the use of the blink
tag.
I agree, disable the music. This isn't a store, don't force us to listen to
it, let me pick my own music from my own ipod.

-S

Old 03-11-2006, 08:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:13:06 -0600, Mark Anderson wrote:

Kill the damn music on your site.

Couldn't agree more, particularly when it's the hackneyed Four Seasons
and done electronically too! Ye gods!

If you want
background music put a button somewhere where

There is a tiny QuickTime contro right down at the bottom where you can
pause the music but I'm afraid anyone who can choose such a dire
rendering of that music to put on their site shows a distinct lack of
imagination and taste and I have no desire to go further :-(

--
Richard
Montmorillon, Vienne, France Remove CAPS to email

Old 03-11-2006, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

You know, this is what baffles me about most of the Myspace pages I've
seen. Every teenager I know personally listens to music all the time.
Yet many of these kids set music to play when you open their Myspace
pages -- despite the fact that all their friends are ALREADY listening
to music while surfing around on Myspace. The "1995" aspect of it
doesn't count with kids (who were still wearing nappies in 1995) but it
ought to matter to an adult.

Still I kind of feel sorry for the poor sculptor guy, who was being
quite polite and not overly pushy or anything.

On 2006-11-03 00:10:08 -0500, "Snooze" said:

"Val" wrote in message
"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
Kill the damn music on your site.

Ahhhhhhhhmen, what he said.......I hate that music and also fluttering,
running, dancing, kissing, giffy type crappola. Keep it simple. If you
want to sell a product just sell it; the "dazzle them with bullsh*t"
is a total turn off.

Reminds me of the circa 1995 websites that discovered the use of the
blink tag.
I agree, disable the music. This isn't a store, don't force us to
listen to it, let me pick my own music from my own ipod.

-S

--

Wundern kann es mich night, das unser Herr Christus mit Dernen
Gern und mit Sündern gelebt, geht's mir doch eben auch so.

I can't be surprised that our Lord, Jesus Christ, liked to hang out
With sinners and harlots.* That's how it is with me, too.
* -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, 1749-1832

Old 03-11-2006, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"kaspian" wrote in message

You know, this is what baffles me about most of the Myspace pages I've
seen. Every teenager I know personally listens to music all the time. Yet
many of these kids set music to play when you open their Myspace pages --
despite the fact that all their friends are ALREADY listening to music
while surfing around on Myspace. The "1995" aspect of it doesn't count
with kids (who were still wearing nappies in 1995) but it ought to matter
to an adult.

Still I kind of feel sorry for the poor sculptor guy, who was being quite
polite and not overly pushy or anything.

I know a couple of teens who've said "I'm going to be a web site designer -
check out my MySpace page", and it's a train wreck. Actually, ALL of MySpace
is a train wreck, and the worst place to practice web design skills. Even
after being bought by Rupert Murdoch for $580 million, the company still
can't fix some persistent technical problems. And, they still have not
upgraded their original server:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-2884585dt.jpg

Old 04-11-2006, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

There is a button on the bottom of the page for you to choose if you
want music or not. I like Vivaldy. Thanks for the comments that is
what I am after good or bad.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

Oh yes forgot to mention that this was my first attempt at a web
site......i have already learnt the lesson of the music but can't get
back to turn it off. Anyway i have a new site that I am uploading soon
that has no music and a totally different layout.......now that
everyone has commented on the site, how about some comments on the
actual art work that's on it pleeeeeeeaaasse

Old 04-11-2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

"the sculptor" wrote in message
oups.com...
There is a button on the bottom of the page for you to choose if you
want music or not. I like Vivaldy. Thanks for the comments that is
what I am after good or bad.

If your visitors are in quiet environments, the music will come as a
complete surprise and may be disturbing to others nearby. Imagine this: You
wake up in the middle of the night because you're thirsty. You go to the
kitchen for a glass of water. On a totally random basis, your faucet will
cause your stereo to turn on and play Led Zeppelin music at 95 decibels, and
not just in your kitchen, but from speakers all over the house, and on your
roof, too. It might not happen every time, but you'll never know when. This
is stupid.

Get rid of the sound on your web site. Your opinion on this is wrong. Fix
it. There is no debate possible on this issue.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens

well sad to say i know but before reading everyones opinions on here i
actually thought that a little light music on your sight was a good
idea .......oh well you live and learn.

Deadlyartichoke (stainless steel sculptures @www.llamaseve.com)

bizbee wrote:

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:13:06 -0600 in
, Mark Anderson
graced the world with this thought:

Kill the damn music on your site. I might have looked but become
irritated when websites blare sounds out of my speakers. If you want
background music put a button somewhere where I can decide whether or
not I want to listen. It disturbs me that obnoxious myspace web design
concepts have leached outside of the myspace domain.

I agree, however, this was around for years before myspace--and worse
yet, it would be a midi file.. Nothing worse than someone putting
Black Flag at full volume and making the off button nearly impossible
to find... bye bye to that site!
Fortunately, a lot of places seem to just have music on their
homepage, and if you change to wherever you might be going, there
isn't anything.
Who actually thought this was a good idea?

Old 06-11-2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

"the sculptor" wrote in message
oups.com...
well sad to say i know but before reading everyones opinions on here i
actually thought that a little light music on your sight was a good
idea .......oh well you live and learn.

Deadlyartichoke (stainless steel sculptures @www.llamaseve.com)

Apparently, you haven't put this new knowledge to practical use yet. The
music's still there. Get to work.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

are people always so rude on here? It will be done in good time
.......thats when I can work out how to get it off again, I am a
sculptor you know not a bloody pc magician cant be good at everything
all the time. cheers

Old 06-11-2006, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

We're not rude. We're disgusted. The things we taught you should be obvious
to anyone with a little common sense. Do you think 100% of your audience
sits at home waiting for noisy web sites?

Try this newsgroup for assistance with removing your music, or making it
voluntary: uk.net.web.authoring

ups.com...

Old 06-11-2006, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

well I should be grateful that you only choose to be so critical of the
music, for the information of everyone the music has gone, without the
help of your link I sussed it out for myself.

Deadlyartichoke ( Stainless Stel Sculptures @ www.llamaseven.com )