Old 07-02-2011, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Bees, anyone?

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

fbi-falafel-watchlist

Fran, try
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html
--
- Billy
"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist."

Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectosaur View Post
Hi,

My name's Estelle and I'm a product design engineering student at the University of Glasgow investigating the reasons why people choose or are put off beekeeping. I'm hoping to try and address some of the barriers to beekeeping through product design.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever considered keeping bees?
If so, what was the outcome?
If not, would you ever consider keeping bees?

I've put together a wee questionnaire that basically asks the same questions, and I'd be immensely grateful if anyone finds the time to fill it out:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/ec...d2OUE6MQ#gid=0

If questionnaires aren't your thing, just let me know your thoughts here!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hear from you.

Estelle
If I were set up with all relevant equipment and given an idiots guide to do so, I would gladly try my hand at bee keeping!
An initial site visit and a once in a while visit wouold also make me feel better.
Perhaps it is the thought of getting stung that puts people off..........
It is in the back of my mind......
How difficult is it??
How much space do you need??
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad R View Post
Billy wrote:
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Nad R"
dude wrote in message

During 911 every grocery
store had to give the names of everyone that purchased humus, an arabic
food, the grocery stores complied.

Excuse my scepticism, but are you pulling our collective legs? I know the
US does some unbelievable daft things in the name of security, but having to
give one's name in order to buy humus is just so incedibly silly, that I
find it hard to believe.

Can you provide a cite for that?

The large stores here will give you a small discount on your grocery
purchases, if you have a card from their store. The card is bar coded
and directs the purchases of your sale to your own personal database.
The database is of course for sale, so that when someone decides to sell
widgets, there is a data base of previous widget buyers, and advertiser
can aim their advertising at you. I don't use them, Admiral Poindexter
can find out about me the hard way.

I have a dozen or more of the cards, the cards do not have my real name or
address and I still get the discounts. The stores want your money and never
check ID. The stores that do not use the cards hands out deals just as good
as those that do. However, the same information is now on any credit card
used. So those discount cards today are not really needed. Also your
picture is taken with every purchase. Cash is still king, but for how long?

I also do my taxes by hand. I think by law, the government cannot sell your
personal information but corporations can. Tax agencies that perform taxes
online and those computer programs also sells your tax information to the
advertisers. Read the fine print on those tax software programs. Years ago
those money management software programs could also send your personal
financial information over the Internet without your knowledge, if you did
not have a good firewall. They embedded the tracking software in the
security tracks of ones hard drive that could not be erased even by
reformatting the drive.

detained from data mining after 9/11, no jury, no judge and no trial for a
month or two. Do you want the links reposted about this?

Even during World War II, the U.S. Detained Japanese for many months
without a judge, jury or trail. Like I said in previous post, the US
constitution states " For the Corporation by the Corporation". President
Bush shredded that older document years ago. Privacy is history get use to
it.

As an atheist, can't wait for the mark of the beast 666 to be imbedded into
my soul.
Also for the squeamish, the mark of the beast is already on everything you
buy. It is part of the UPC code. Two thin bars on each end and a two thin
bar in the center. The thin bars represent 666.

I think that all this chat should be on some other type of site such as abovetopsecret.com not a thread about bees!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

fbi-falafel-watchlist

Fran, try
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've
managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a few
names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.

Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly. I
still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short
distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to
Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

fbi-falafel-watchlist

Fran, try
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've
managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a few
names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.

Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly. I
still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short
distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to
Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-2...ep-27-2010-ips

Most of those are rounded up and held for weeks were not technically
arrested and many unrelated to hummus food search. However there were many
methods used to round up the people. Hummus was just one of many techniques
used to find people and held in custody without a lawyer, judge, trail or
jury.

This is it for me, no more postings from me on this topic. Accept it or
not. No skin off my nose.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

fbi-falafel-watchlist

Fran, try
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've
managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a few
names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.

Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly. I
still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short
distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to
Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

Good news, Bad news: the Good news is that the L.A. Times gave their
source as the Congressional Quarterly. Bad news is that the
Congressional Quarterly is a private publication, that requires a
subscription to read it :O))

The telling point is that no American doubts the report. I think that we
are all screwed. I'm hoping that's just me.
--
- Billy
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

fbi-falafel-watchlist

Fran, try
http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/2007/11/fbi-hoped-to-fo.html

Thanks Billy. That article says much the same as every other thing I've
managed to find out on this - the only 'factual' bit is the mention of a
few
names. There is no report of arrests of hundreds of people anywhere.

Just because someone comes up with a 'bright' idea doesn't mean it'll fly.
still have grave doubts that it did fly but it may have glided for a short
distance till it went further up the bureacratic dung heap till it got to
Mason who had enough sense to see it was a crock of an idea.

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-2...s-spark-lawsui
t-william-fisher-new-york-sep-27-2010-ips

Most of those are rounded up and held for weeks were not technically
arrested and many unrelated to hummus food search. However there were many
methods used to round up the people. Hummus was just one of many techniques
used to find people and held in custody without a lawyer, judge, trail or
jury.

This is it for me, no more postings from me on this topic. Accept it or
not. No skin off my nose.

So as the sun pulls away from the dock, and our boat sinks into the
harbor, we bid a fond farewell to "The Hummus Caper".

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
[...]

This is the next to last post

http://911blogger.com/news/2010-09-2...ep-27-2010-ips

Not just you, we ARE screwed! Detroit is already in Mad Max Times. United
States is collapsing in a domino fashion. One forth of the high rise
buildings in downtown detroit are vacant and falling apart. Their are many
square miles of empty burned out vacant homes in Detroit. Gangs rules many
parts of that city. There are hardly any police, fire or ambulance services
there. Last year when I worked in a city near Detroit, I could here gun
fire and sirens every night across across the infamous eight mile road.
Sometimes i heard fully automatic gun fire across that border. Their are
murders almost everyday in that city. I found the super bowl ad of that
Chrysler commercial humous with the imported from Detroit message.

It seems that many communities are laying off essential services, police,
fire and ambulance services across the country. With high unemployment,
fuel prices and food prices and with no hope in sight of changing. Now that
I am retired, I go no where, just to the market and back. I have my escape,
my gardens, my animals and my books in the country, I love where I am at.
The world can rot!

Old 08-02-2011, 05:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
[...]

"NEW YORK, Sep 27, 2010 (IPS) - Hundreds of people who believe they were
falsely detained and imprisoned by the Department of Justice in the wake
of the Sep. 11, 2001 attacks are now seeking redress through the U.S.
courts. . .

Despite the fact that the government never charged any of them with a
terrorism-related offence, immigration authorities kept the men in
detention for up to eight months, long past the resolution of their
immigration cases, according to attorneys at the Center for
Constitutional Rights, which brought the class action on behalf of the
plaintiffs. . . "
----

Contrasted with

House of Bush, House of Saud: The Secret Relationship Between the
World's Two Most Powerful Dynasties by Craig Unger
http://www.amazon.com/House-Bush-Sau...es/dp/07432533
96/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1296239042&sr=1-1
(available at better libraries near you)

CHAPTER ONE
The Great Escape
p.10

.. . . the Saudis had at least two of the planes on call to
repatriate the bin Ladens. One of them began picking up family members
all across the country. Starting in Los Angeles on an undetermined
date, it flew first to Orlando, Florida, where Khalil Binladin, a sibling
of Osama bin Laden's, boarded.37 From Orlando, the plane continued
to Dulles International Airport outside Washington, before going on
to Logan Airport in Boston on September 19, picking up members of
the bin Laden family along the way.

.. . . "I recall getting into a big flap with Bandar's office about
whether they would leave without us knowing who was on the plane," said
one former agent who participated in the repatriation of the Saudis.38
"Bandar wanted the plane to take off and we were stressing that that
plane was not leaving until we knew exactly who was on it."

p.11

In the end, the FBI was only able to check papers and identify
everyone on the flights. In the past, the FBI had been constrained from
arbitrarily launching investigations without a "predicate"—i.e., a
strong reason to believe that an individual had been engaged in criminal
activities. Spokesmen for the FBI assert that the Saudis had every
right to leave the country.

p.12

The FBI'S counterterrorism unit should have been a leading force in the
domestic battle against terror, but here it was not even going to
interview the Saudis.

p.13

Thousands of people had just been killed by Osama bin Laden. Didn't
it make sense to at least interview his relatives and other Saudis who,
inadvertently or not, may have aided him?

.. . . In an ordinary murder investigation, it is commonplace to interview
relatives of the prime suspect. When the FBI talks to subjects during an
investigation, the questioning falls into one of two categories. Friendly
subjects are "interviewed" and suspects or unfriendly subjects are
"interrogated." How did the Saudis get a pass?

.. . . national security experts found it hard to believe that no
one in the entire extended bin Laden family had any contact whatsoever
with Osama. "There is no reason to think that every single mem-

p.14

ber of his family has shut him down," said Paul Michael Wihbey, a fellow
at the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies.

.. . . How is it possible that Saudis were allowed to fly even when all of
America, FBI agents included, was grounded? Had the White House
approved the operation—and, if so, why?

.. . . When Bandar arrived at the White House on Thursday, September 13,
2001, he and President Bush retreated to the Truman Balcony, . . .

p.15

.. . . the two men each lit up a Cohiba and began to discuss how they
would work together in the war on terror. Bush said that the United
States would hand over any captured Al Qaeda operatives to the Saudis if
they would not cooperate. The implication was clear: the Saudis could
use any means necessary- including torture—to get the suspects to talk.
----

Unknown Arabs arrested. Bin Laden family allowed fly away without FBI
interviews. Mission Accomplished.

Not just you, we ARE screwed! Detroit is already in Mad Max Times. United
States is collapsing in a domino fashion. One forth of the high rise
buildings in downtown detroit are vacant and falling apart. Their are many
square miles of empty burned out vacant homes in Detroit. Gangs rules many
parts of that city. There are hardly any police, fire or ambulance services
there. Last year when I worked in a city near Detroit, I could here gun
fire and sirens every night across across the infamous eight mile road.
Sometimes i heard fully automatic gun fire across that border. Their are
murders almost everyday in that city. I found the super bowl ad of that
Chrysler commercial humous with the imported from Detroit message.

It seems that many communities are laying off essential services, police,
fire and ambulance services across the country.

Wait 'till they'er privatized, and need to make work.

With high unemployment,
fuel prices and food prices and with no hope in sight of changing. Now that
I am retired, I go no where, just to the market and back. I have my escape,
my gardens, my animals and my books in the country, I love where I am at.
The world can rot!

I got my masion. Go get your own? That's a bit harsh.
-----

We now return to regular programing.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
[...]

And those 3 names given, and which are as close as I can get to any 'facts'
about humus buyer targetting, are the same ones mentioned everywhere and are
probably also all from exactly the same 'source'.

There just is not enough 'evidence' to claim that anything of the sort
happened.

The telling point is that no American doubts the report. I think that we
are all screwed. I'm hoping that's just me.

LOL. That isn't saying a lot Billy. Americans seem to be more paranoid
about their own government than any other group of people on earth except
for those of the old Soviet Union - perhaps a hang over them the 1950s

Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
[...]

Wish it was just me.

http://pewglobal.org/2007/03/14/amer...d-findings-fro
m-the-pew-global-attitudes-project/
Released: March 14, 2007
America¹s Image in the World: Findings from the Pew Global Attitudes
Project

I am here to tell you what we have learned over these years about
international opinion of the U.S., including views of its policies,
values, and people. Since our first poll in June 2002, we have
interviewed in depth about 110,000 people in 50 countries. I believe it
is fair to say we have been the first and foremost chronicler of the
rise of anti-Americanism in the 21st century. Indeed, the headlines of
our annual reports on America¹s image tell the story:
€ December 2002 * America¹s image slips, although goodwill towards
the U.S. remains
€ June 2003 * U.S. image plunges in the wake of the Iraq war
€ March 2004 * No improvement in U.S. image, some worsening in Europe
€ June 2005 * U.S. image improves slightly, although still negative
in most places; and anti-Americanism is becoming increasingly entrenched
€ June 2006 * Show little further progress * in fact some back
sliding. Even as the publics of the world concurred with the Americans
on many global problems.
-----

What's with Australia these days, drowning in the east, and burning up
in the west?