Old 03-07-2011, 04:57 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Rural Irrigation/Remote Faucets Methods ??

On Jul 2, 1:11*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
On 7/1/2011 11:59 PM, Harry K wrote:

On Jul 1, 7:16 pm, Steve *wrote:
On 7/1/2011 8:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've seen 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4. What other sizes have you
found, for garden hose?

it also comes in 1"

--
Steve Barker

I hardly think anyone would classify a 1" hose as a 'garden hose'.

Harry K

that's what the people who make and sell them call them.

--
Steve Barker

Yes they do but the average person doesn't.

Harry K
Old 03-07-2011, 05:13 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

"Bob F" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote in message

u...
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
message ...
First thing comes to mind, is sunlight and the UV rays. So,
what you use should be UV resistant.

White PVC tubing might work for a while.

I have black polypipe that's been in the sunlight for up to 20
years. The biggest danger to my black polypipe has been from my
garden fork and frost popping the connectors off.

quoteBlack HDPE pipe containing 2 to 2.5% carbon black can be
safely stored outside in the sun without damage from UV exposure.
/quote source: http://www.polymoldproducts.com/PE_PIPES.htm

Some poly pipe can take it and some apparently can not.

It'd be as useless as tits on a man's back if it couldnt' be used out
in the sun in Australia.

Even in Seattle?

Seattle isn't in Australia. And from my limited knowledge of Seattle, I
thought it got lots of rain??????

Old 03-07-2011, 05:15 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

"Bob F" wrote in message
Brooklyn1 wrote:
I ran 1" PVC about a 1/4 mile buried in 1976. Still in service today
with no leaks. Same for all my sprinkler lines. Only leak I have
had was one fitting where I made the misstake of using a female
PVC/male Iron fitting. NEVER do that! Always use a malepvc/female
iron. Much fun as it broke in the middle of winter and I had to shut
off the the entire line until spring so I could dig it up.

Where do you live that you're irrigating in winter... and if you live
in a warm clime where one irrigates all year WTF mention winter, and
if it's warm enough to irrigate WTF would you need to wait until
spring to dig... are you fibbing? From reading your posts you're just
making it ALL up... "iron" irrigation fittings your ass.

Iron - maybe "galvanized iron" pipe would help you understand.

You really are full of it aren't you. The more you talk, the better we can
see that you know nothing. There are plenty of possible reasons to need
water during the winter.

Yep. I'm in mid winter now in the sthn hemisphere and since it's been the
driest June for decades, I've currently got my low pressure sprinkers
running on my asparagus bed.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:31 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Bob F" wrote in message
FarmI wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote in message

[...]

Only 9 months out of the year. Summer (the other season) is dry-ish.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/