Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-05-2003, 04:08 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default a guidfe to what plants look like when young -or- what the hell is that?

My in the groud garden has various sprouts now. However I've become
suspicious that soe of the sprouts that I thought were from my seed
may not be.

Other than long term experience--how the hell do you tell these little
guys apart? It would be great if a book showed you the seedling stage
as well as the full grown.

I've got these 2x2 leafers coming up in more places than I "intended"
to plant seed. The four leaves are closely clustered, with two tiny
leafs below and two bigger roundish leaves forming a bloated "t". They
look similar to my radishes did when they first came up. I had a
couple sprout where I sprinkled basil seeds--so I though that was
basil. But some are where I'm waitng for sweet alysum, carrots, basil,
petunias, and nigella(love in a mist). ANybody with experience with
these plants recall what the first seedlings look like? I'd rather not
wait until some weed is thickly root before yanking them but I don't
want to rip out what I meant to be there.

Do carrot seedlings have long thin spikey leaves, or a 2 little/2 big
leafs config (like radishes)? I've got both type coming up where I
planted carrots.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)