Old 20-06-2003, 11:32 PM
For Auction

Default Garden Vandalism!

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

--
Thomas Colson
Raleigh, North Carolina, (919) 673 8023

Old 21-06-2003, 12:56 AM
zxcvbob

For Auction wrote:
I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

--
Thomas Colson
Raleigh, North Carolina, (919) 673 8023

Too bad you didn't know ahead of time. You coulda set up a surveillence
camera and caught the *******. I'd still call the cops. They might snoop
around asking questions and scare whoever did it.

Are you sure you want your address and phone number in your sig? Yikes!!!

Bob

Old 21-06-2003, 02:20 AM
des weges

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:46:36 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

Are you sure you want your address and phone number in your sig? Yikes!!!

About 30 seconds worth of searching and most posters here are
vulnerable to having their ID found. It is a bit blatant to post it
but I found your number in a little over 2 minutes. Unless you use an
email address that masks your IP you like myself are vulnerable.
"As crude a weapon as a cave man's club the chemical barrage has been hurled at the fabric of life."
Rachel Carson

tomj
Old 21-06-2003, 03:20 AM
dstvns

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 22:24:42 GMT, "For Auction"
wrote:

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

I'd plant another set and set up a camera with time-lapse VCR. It
would be nearly irresistible for an egotistical idiot like this to try
it again.

Dan

Old 21-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

wrote:

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

I'd plant another set and set up a camera with time-lapse VCR. It
would be nearly irresistible for an egotistical idiot like this to try
it again.

Dan

Watermelons or cukes would germinate faster and look nearly identical.
A few basketballs scattered at random might strengthen the illusion.

Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Shelly

"des weges" wrote in message

About 30 seconds worth of searching and most posters here are
vulnerable to having their ID found.

How do you do that? Is there a site that teaches such things?

Shelly

Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 AM
Shelly

"For Auction" wrote in message
om...
...I decided to try to grow giant pumpkins ... someone pitchforked
the entire patch today, 20 plants.

I've never had that happen, but I'm sorry that it happened to you.
The only thing you can do now is try to tell yourself that your
first-time efforts must have had someone real worried to do such a
dispicable thing. Maybe you were growing prize-winning pumpkins! I
guess if you do it again next year, you'll have to enclose the patch
in tall fencing and post armed guards around the perimiter.

Shelly

Old 21-06-2003, 05:44 AM
des weges

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:10:25 -0700, "Shelly" wrote:

How do you do that? Is there a site that teaches such things?

Shelly

easy, but you'll have to search google and learn for yourself.
By the way howz the food at BLONDIE'S CRUISE-IN?

Old 21-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Starlord

When I first started my Desert Iris Garden, I had at the time some 100 iris
plants and because I am the Trailer Parks Offical papers server, when ever I've
done that, the people think they are getting back at the park by going out and
ripping out name tags for the iris,(its happened 4 times) cut water hoses, road
bikes over plants and just did whatever they liked to do. One reson I moved the
garden from the end of the driveway to the desert field next door, now very
little if anything is done to my plants. But I've got 300+ un-named iris now.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

wrote:

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special

blend

---

Old 21-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Nonya

Haven't heard anyone mention malicious activity by local kids...with today's
lack of excitement when compared to the things they see on TV, skewering a
couple pumpkins is probably the next best thing. Any suspicious characters
in the immediate neighborhood?

P.S. - I don' t know of ANY internet based utilities that can find out your
personal info from a spoofed identity...des weges is shooting his mouth off
again! Kill File the idiot!

Old 21-06-2003, 03:44 PM
des weges

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:57:52 -0400, "Nonya"
wrote:

P.S. - I don' t know of ANY internet based utilities that can find out your
personal info from a spoofed identity...des weges is shooting his mouth off
again! Kill File the idiot!

So lets see here if nonya the putz doesn't know then it must be so?

What an idiot! What I was simply pointing out to the gentleman from
MN, was that the manner in which he is posting leaves him as
vulnerable as someone posting their phone number.

BTW why not kill file me yourself?

Old 21-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Frogleg

wrote:

I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins

snip
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

Sorry for your loss. Around here, people just *steal* ripe pumpkins
and watermelons. The state fair isn't in this area. One note: don't
let this poison your thoughts against all the pumpkin-growers (or idle
teenagers) in your area. Talk about it, mention it to the authorities,
but try and maintain a "presumed innocent" attitude. Tomatoes yield
excellent rewards. :-)
Old 21-06-2003, 04:20 PM
des weges

wrote:

P.S. - I don' t know of ANY internet based utilities that can find out your
personal info from a spoofed identity...des weges is shooting his mouth off
again! Kill File the idiot!

BTW Mr. Brehler of 1xx7 xxxxt xxxyx Rd
Hxxxxxxxxxh, Nx
xxx78-8426, US

x44-0973

Fill in the x's and what am I missing?
That you drive a 96 Accord LX?

My only point here was posting on usenet without measures to protect
one's privacy makes our identities and personal lives public unless
measures are taken to specifically anonymize our identities.

Now you clueless idiot we'll teach you to garden!

Old 21-06-2003, 05:20 PM
For Auction

Identity "sig" in postings: Unless your posting through a chain of 10
"Mix Master" or "Cyber Punk" remailers in china and russia, using 1024 bit
keyrings, any competent 13 year old can have your address, phone#, license
plate, and shoe size in about 10 minutes. Ya'll'd be surprised at how easy
it is to trace IP addresses to their physical owner.

the pumpkin patch case: The police came out and said it's most likely
that a vagrant came through, and was mad that there were no vegatables for
him to steal. I have posted the following sign: "Tresspassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again" and sprinkled empty 12GA and .270 shell
casings around the yard to fortify the image of a gun crazed gardener, and
punji sticks in 4 feet deep holes around each surviving vine.

news

Old 21-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Chrille

"For Auction" skrev i meddelandet
om...
I'm new at gardening and growing things, so this year I decided to try to
grow giant pumpkins for my first try at it. I had ordered some special blend
of "Atlantic Giants" and followed about 300 pages of advice on the internet.
I was watering 3 times a day, fertilizing once every two, training the
vines, and I already got 3 plants with 2 pounders on them! Well....used too.
I guess I learned today that growing pumpkins for the state fair is a
competitive business.....someone pitchforked the entire patch today, 20
plants. Anybody else experience this? I'm so traumatized I'm thinking of
growing tomatoes!

Thomas Colson

Similar happend to me 2 years ago, I was growing pumpkins that I had
in my greenhouse(!), It was about all I had in that greenhouse beside some
pepperplants.
However, one day when I got home after working all day someone
had smashed the panes on my greenhouse and destroyed my plants.
I guess the the one who did this to me used a bat or something and trashed
the whole place...
There was nothing left, all my work was completly gone.
So I know the feeling, I have never been more angry and sad......
Iam glad I didn't cached the *******s that day, if you see what I mean..
Don't let this setback stop you, it didn't stop me from growing new
pumpkins.

/Chrille