Old 16-01-2004, 04:03 AM
rick etter

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

"rick etter" wrote
I suggest you start with the Park Service and ask them who owns the

parks.

Why, do they own the parks?
Or does the original poster?
Come on Rick, think real hard. LOL

=====================
Go ahead, tell us.

Old 16-01-2004, 04:12 AM
Charles Scripter

Alan Connor, troll at large wrote:

I eat troll's for breakfast, fool.

But wait! AlanC IS a troll...

I use ed(1) as my Usenet editor/pager, and read the posts of unkown individuals
one line at a time.

Not only is AnalC a troll, but he still uses stones knives and
bearskins as "technology". To stupid to use a full page editor...
But maybe that's all his Apple Pet will support.

Still using paper tape or card readers to load the OS, also AC? Or
have you upgraded to a cassette tape deck?

Go waste someone else's time.

AC talking about wasting people's time. What a troll...

--
Charles Scripter * Use this address to reply: cescript at progworks dot net
When encryption is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir rapelcgvba.
Old 16-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Mary McHugh

Alan Connor wrote:

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

To which newsgroup are you referring? This thread is being cross-posted to 5
different newsgroups.

Mary

Old 16-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Jonathan Ball

Mary McHugh wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

To which newsgroup are you referring? This thread is being cross-posted to 5
different newsgroups.

That's always one of the problems with a petulant
demand from some responders to trim the cross-posts. A
new responder has no way of knowing which group the
person to whom he is responding is reading.

There is one obnoxious moron in a couple of newsgroups
I follow (David Harrison, , aka
****WIT) who regularly adds newsgroups to the original
set when he's responding. As I know he'll see my
response in the appropriate groups, I always try to
remember to trim the superfluous ones he adds.
Sometimes, however, I forget.

Old 16-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Alan Connor

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:13:04 GMT, Jonathan Ball wrote:

Mary McHugh wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

To which newsgroup are you referring? This thread is being cross-posted to 5
different newsgroups.

That's always one of the problems with a petulant
demand from some responders to trim the cross-posts. A
new responder has no way of knowing which group the
person to whom he is responding is reading.

There is one obnoxious moron in a couple of newsgroups
I follow (David Harrison, , aka
****WIT) who regularly adds newsgroups to the original
set when he's responding. As I know he'll see my
response in the appropriate groups, I always try to
remember to trim the superfluous ones he adds.
Sometimes, however, I forget.

You make good points. I didn't add any of those groups myself, and they
seem to be of the sort that would find this thread interesting.

But I'll watch it in the future more closely.

AC

Old 16-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Alan Connor

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:08:10 -0500, Mary McHugh wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

To which newsgroup are you referring? This thread is being cross-posted to 5
different newsgroups.

Mary

Here's the entire quote, which you edited without noting the fact above:

----------------------------------- begin quote

We ARE talking about surviving in a world without money and stores and
vehicles, after all.

ANYTHING you can do to cut down on the workload is not only smart, but may
very well mean the difference between surviving and not-surviving.

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

------------------------------------ end quote

Now, out of:

rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens,misc.survivalism,mi sc.rural,rec.backcountry

Which one would you GUESS it was?

AC

Old 17-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Peter H

Alan Connor wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:51:28 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever

I don't get that at all...

Your claim about my "dietstyle." Of the wide variety of food items I
eat, you know only a very few - and all that have been mentioned were
vegetable with the possible exception of mushrooms. My "dietstyle," as
you call it, just might be identical with your own.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

Old 19-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Peter H

Alan Connor wrote:

So your point is exactly what?

I might suggest that this particular thread seems to have no real point
except to point out "de gustibus non disputandem est."

Pete H

--
We are all of one nation, all of one creed
We are all out of nature, all of one seed

Old 19-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Mary McHugh

Alan Connor wrote:

Now, out of:

rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens,misc.survivalism,mi sc.rural,rec.backcountry

Which one would you GUESS it was?

AC

I don't really care. My point, which you've apparently missed, was that you are
posting to multiple groups yet your comment leads one to believe you think you're
only posting to one group (i.e. 'newsgroup' = singular).

Mary

Old 19-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Alan Connor

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 15:25:41 -0500, Mary McHugh wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

Now, out of:

rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens,misc.survivalism,mi sc.rural,rec.backcountry

Which one would you GUESS it was?

AC

I don't really care. My point, which you've apparently missed, was that you are
posting to multiple groups yet your comment leads one to believe you think you're
only posting to one group (i.e. 'newsgroup' = singular).

Mary

See this?

Subject: Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

It's what we are talking about.

Any further posts from you that don't address the subject will be ignored.

AC