Old 14-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Alan Connor

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 02:28:34 GMT, Alan Connor wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:40:13 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Particularly the China Project of Dr. T. Colin Campbell

AC

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

--
Don't eat elephants. They are an endangered species.

NUT SEDGE - Definition by HyperDictionary.com
.... Definition: [n] a widely distributed perennial sedge having small edible
nutlike
tubers. Synonyms: Cyperus rotundus, nut grass, nutgrass, nutsedge. ...
www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/nut+sedge - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

AC

Old 14-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Peter H

Alan Connor wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever?

Nutrition: the act or process of nourishing or being nourished; specif.
the sum of the processes by which an animal or plant takes in and
utilizes food substances. (Merriam Webbster's Collegiate Dictionary,
10th Ed.

Since you know absolutely nothing of my diet other than a very few items
out of a great many, you are not qualified to pass judgemnent on it.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

Old 14-01-2004, 02:02 PM
The moderator

"Alan Connor" wrote in message
nk.net...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:05:58 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever?

That's okay by me. Your loss.

AC

It has something to do with taste. Mmmmm meat, good meat.

Old 14-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Alan Connor

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:50:05 -0600, The moderator wrote:

"Alan Connor" wrote in message
nk.net...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:05:58 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever?

That's okay by me. Your loss.

AC

It has something to do with taste. Mmmmm meat, good meat.

To YOU it tastes good. Even the thought of it makes ME a little ill.

I can no longer digest animal foods either. The human body doesn't do

this easily, and gladly loses the ability after 6 months to a year of

abstaining from animal foods.

There are people around the world that eat all sorts of things, from insects

to slugs and call them "delicious" and "delicacies".

So your point is exactly what?

AC

Old 14-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Alan Connor

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:51:28 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever?

Nutrition: the act or process of nourishing or being nourished; specif.
the sum of the processes by which an animal or plant takes in and
utilizes food substances. (Merriam Webbster's Collegiate Dictionary,
10th Ed.

Since you know absolutely nothing of my diet other than a very few items
out of a great many, you are not qualified to pass judgemnent on it.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.
C. Abrams

I don't get that at all...

When the system breaks down, there are certain exigencies that will have to
be dealt with:

There are a LOT of people on a continent that has very little wilderness
left in regions that are realistically habitable.

Hunting, fishing, and trapping territories will be jealously and homicidally
guarded.

Even then, they all take a LOT of work and energy and time.

As does ranching of any kind.

There will be brigands and refugees everywhere, so maintaining a low profile
will be a matter of life and death.

Because of these factors, a sensible person will choose a plant based lifestyle.

A 'vegan' can live off of about 1/4 of an acre, including veggies, grains,
sugar plants, oilseeds, bush-cane-vine fruits, and fiber plants.

If you use no-till gardening techniques and dry and 'root-cellar' your stored
foods, very little work is involved.

And not much water, which is a critical consideration.

The gardens can be spread out in irregular patches that look like natural
plant communities from more than a few yards away, rendering them invisible
for all intents and purposes.

There are also some 1800 species of wild edible plants in North America,
and if you can live off of them, you can live off the land AS you travel,
which could save your life if you have to pull up stakes and run for it.

And all you will have to take with you is SEEDS. Try running with cows and
chickens.....

Like it or not, being skilled at camoflauge and being mobile are the two
things that anyone who hopes to survive long after the Collapse must have.

AC

Old 14-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Alan Connor

Alan Connor wrote:

Don't want to face the fact that your dietstyle is just habit and
has nothing to do with nutrition whatsoever

I don't get that at all...

Your claim about my "dietstyle." Of the wide variety of food items I
eat, you know only a very few - and all that have been mentioned were
vegetable with the possible exception of mushrooms. My "dietstyle," as
you call it, just might be identical with your own.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

I could have sworn you said you ate animal products. I don't.

AC

Old 14-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Alan Connor

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:49:43 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

So your point is exactly what?

I might suggest that this particular thread seems to have no real point
except to point out "de gustibus non disputandem est."

Pete H

--
We are all of one nation, all of one creed
We are all out of nature, all of one seed

The thread is entitled: Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

The amount of land a consumer of animal products needs is RADICALLY more

than an herbivorous person needs.

A great deal more work is required, and much more water.

Far more building materials.

More tools.

I'd call that pretty damned relevant.

We ARE talking about surviving in a world without money and stores and
vehicles, after all.

ANYTHING you can do to cut down on the workload is not only smart, but may
very well mean the difference between surviving and not-surviving.

May I suggest that before responding to any posts here, that you take a
look at the name of the newsgroup and the title of the thread?

Just a wee thought.....

AC
Old 15-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Peter H

Alan Connor wrote:

You sound like an animal-product addict that is trying to convince

Actually, I eat *everything* to the chagrin of my waistline - 38 &
should be 35. Don't dislike vegetable material at all - some of my best
friends are turnips & peas, not to mention fiddlehead greens & spinach
tossed w/ mushrooms, oil & garlic. I just think those who rabidly try to
remove the cow from the grass-cow-omnivore chain are fooling themselves
& missing out on some nutritious eating.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

Old 16-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Don

"rick etter" wrote
I suggest you start with the Park Service and ask them who owns the

parks.

Why, do they own the parks?
Or does the original poster?
Come on Rick, think real hard. LOL

Old 16-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Don

Are you the moderator?

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
om...
Why don't you demented ass-wipes take your jacking off contest to the
parking lot behind the gay bar you frequent and get it over with?

Why do you insist on continuing to cross-posting you lame attempts to

prove
your shortcomings to newsgroup that don't give a flying fig?

You pussies have already proven many times over that none of you are

worthy
enough to be spit on. So why not give it a rest and go back to your
masturbating to gay porn.

Don wrote in message
t...

"rick etter" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message

snips..

troll?

yawn

You STILL don't own the parks, Rick.
=======================
Jeeze, with all the time you took, i'd have thought even you could

find
something to back up *your* ignorant claim

YOU haven't proven who owns the parks, so my claim remains true.
Deal with it, moron.
==================
I didn't make a claim, fool. It's you turn...

Yeah you did, Rick.
Has drinking all that moose ****, and your infatuation with little boys,
effected your memory?
Here, my pleasu
It's your claim, fool. If you 'know' someone doesn't own it, you're

saying
you know who does. We know you don't, you just hot air and ignorance.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is, Rick, go ahead and prove it.
Or, keep squirming like the miserable, stupid assed, lying ******* you

are.
LOL
the rest of your incessant whining was snipped post haste

Old 16-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Don

"rick etter" wrote
We know you don't, you just hot air and ignorance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is, Rick, go ahead and prove it.

================
Because you can't back up your claim little boy.

Back your claim, above, Rick.
Can you do it, or were you just spouting off again? LOL

Old 16-01-2004, 03:48 AM
rick etter

"Don" wrote in message
. net...

"rick etter" wrote
We know you don't, you just hot air and ignorance.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There it is, Rick, go ahead and prove it.

================
Because you can't back up your claim little boy.

Back your claim, above, Rick.
Can you do it, or were you just spouting off again? LOL

You made the first one. One that you can't back up. Now all you have is
your stupid trolling...

have a nice day, stupid...

Old 16-01-2004, 04:02 AM
rick etter