Old 20-03-2004, 11:16 PM
tbell

Default Apology to RGO newsgroup

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 9:55:51 -0800, Al wrote
(in message ):

turn draw their newsfeeds from giganews. I think giganews blocks picture
files in non-binary hierarchies but I don't understand where Mick's initial
response to it went. So, the first I have seen of this little spat is this
apology. I suspect there are a large number of people who never even saw
your picture or Mick's initial response to it. But I may be wrong. I often
am. Did any adelphia users see this picture?

Hi, Al -
I subscribe to Giganews directly, and received both the picture and ensuing
diatribe. I've always thought it was a case of Mick Jekyll and Mick Hyde,
since Mick is certainly capable of being pleasantly informative.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA

Old 20-03-2004, 11:16 PM
tbell

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 12:26:24 -0800, J Fortuna wrote
(in message ):

But to my knowledge noone has been flamed yet for
posting really worthwhile text content to abpo, or have they?

Joanna

I've never seen that, Joanna, but I wonder whether such a prohibition would
be wise, since the information in such posts is usually directly applicable
to a posted photo, and would be out of context to someone only reading RGO.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
To reply by e-mail, please remove APPENDIX

Old 20-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Mick Fournier

Henceforth, I should like to be referred to as "Mick the Informative"... as
least until another nitwit uploads a photograph.

Mick

Old 20-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Mick Fournier

Joanna,

Methinks the taste of your little fragrant hand might be sweet... and very
nutritious for the beast.

Mick

Old 21-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Diana Kulaga

Bella Lagosi (Dracula)

"Bela Lugosi"

Diana (running away as fast as I can after correcting the spelling of the
Beast!! Don't hit me!!)

Old 21-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Mick Fournier

Diana,

Whoops.

Mick

--------------------

hlink.net...

Old 22-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Mark Fraser

Mick Fournier wrote:
Henceforth, I should like to be referred to as "Mick the Informative"... as
least until another nitwit uploads a photograph.

Mick

The evidence in this line of enquiry suggests that the epithet will be
much more
offensive.
Cheers,
MarkF
Postrational and proud of it

Old 22-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Rob Halgren

Mick Fournier wrote:

Rob, when admonitions to these photo uploaders turn into mini-flame wars and
these puppets like Troy and dd become MY bitches to manipulate as I see
fit... sales rise for me. It is a true fact of life (and business) which I
discovered many years ago, so don't waste your breath telling me how you are
going to withhold $300 in sales from me... I made that amount yesterday
morning before lunch.

I'm well aware of the relationship between flame and profit... So,
when we see you spewing invective at the newsgroup, does that mean that
you have had a slow week and need a little new business? An interesting
model, but if it works, hey. *grin* And I never said I was going to
withhold 300 dollars... I said I wasn't going to buy your flasks. Grow
some real orchids with pouches and I might be tempted. But I'm glad to
give your sales a boost. Perhaps we should work out some sort of
commission scheme, I get you $300 before lunch, and you send me $30.
Maybe I could curse like a drunken sailor, and get your sales up to
$1000 before tomorrow's lunch break. With a 'wardrobe malfunction' or
two, we could take over the world!!!

PS: Rob, it is time to drop rule #3. Americans have ruined the credit of
this country in the face of the international businesses community by taking
such a cavalier, short-sighted, moronic approach to simply getting more
credit to buy stupid shit... like orchids they can't afford. America is
going to pay dearly after November 2004 for this form of
living-beyond-our-means and tossing our heavy debts on the backs of other
countries through the wicked machinations of the IMF. America is going to
pay dearly in 2005 for our uncontrolled spending... you should do your part
now and encourage the impressionable not to be so stupid with their personal
finances by dropping your rule #3. Plus, you have beat that worn out song
to death. Retire it and do your part to help the world... esp, the third
world.

On that, I whole heartedly agree, and if I thought anybody actually
gave a rodent's posterior about what I think (HA!!!), I'd change #3.
Uncontrolled personal spending will kill this country, only slightly
after uncontrolled government spending puts it in a coma. I doubt it
would have much more than a positive effect on the third world, though.
When we sink, the third world will look like paradise. The american
culture of 'buy now, pay later', will result in substantial pain for
everybody when the 'pay later' phase finally hits. However, it seems
that our current administration wants us to spend regardless of our debt
level, should I be arguing with the president? We can always refinance
our houses (you did save enough to buy a house, right?) and take the
equity out to spend on more useless crap. Eventually you will die and
leave the debt to your kids, they can handle it! Mick has uncovered my
devious evil scheme - when the hoards of unwashed orchid growers finally
do hit their debt ceiling and the roof collapses on their heads, who do
you think stands to benefit? evil_laughME!!!!!/evil_laugh

Seriously folks, get your house in order. Pay your credit cards off
every month. Otherwise solvent people like me will come and take all
your orchids for a song while you are setting your table with discount
dog kibble. You decide which is worse, eating dog food or having no
orchids to look at.

Rob (evil genius)

2a. See rule 1
3) Maybe _I_ will extend you credit... Kneecaps, optional
Old 22-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Mick Fournier

Solvent Evil Genius,

Now, now, we both know the real orchids are Cattleyas.

Sunday in Miami I pollinated this select Cattleya warnerii var alba (see
URL-linked photo taken yesterday) with much-cherished pollen from the
specimen quality Cattleya warnerii var alba "Colossus" (parent in Brazil).
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...nerii_alba.jpg

In all sincerity, if you were even a semi Cattleya lover... could you
actually stick to your boycotting guns and deny yourself from owning a flask
of this wonderfully fragrant crystalline flowered species in 2005 based on
your dislike of my helpful practice to "remove" RGO photo uploaders (who are
of no good to anyone in real life anyways)? I think it would be most
difficult.

Mick

Old 22-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Rob Halgren

Mick Fournier wrote:

In all sincerity, if you were even a semi Cattleya lover... could you
actually stick to your boycotting guns and deny yourself from owning a flask
of this wonderfully fragrant crystalline flowered species in 2005 based on
your dislike of my helpful practice to "remove" RGO photo uploaders (who are
of no good to anyone in real life anyways)? I think it would be most
difficult.

Beautiful flower. Must resist... AAAACCCKKK! Damn scruples.
*grin* But where is the pouch?

Better to let other people grow white cattleyas. I'd just spot them
all up.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
3) Carpe orchidarum
Old 22-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Mick Fournier

Rob,

Ha, ha... you need Cattleya amethystoglossa. It is "pre" spotted.

Mick

Old 22-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Diana Kulaga

Ha, ha... you need Cattleya amethystoglossa. It is "pre" spotted.

Mine finally has more than one bloom on it. I love that flower. Of course,
now I know that I ought to have been giving it a dry winter rest. Look out
for next year.......

Diana

Old 23-03-2004, 12:08 AM
House of Paisley

Oh criminy. Except for food and housing and medical care, all
stuff bought is stupid shit. I'm betting you are just as guilty as
anyone else of buying stupid shit you don't need. I frankly get a
little tired of pontificating blowhards doing little more than playing
buzzword bingo to excuse their self righteous diatribes. I wouldn't
buy from you either, because I personally don't appreciate my
vendors trying to dictate my spending habits. If I want to take
a cash advance from my credit card, and burn 100 dollar bills in
the driveway, it isn't any of your damn business. As long as my
payment to you clears - STFU. And if this diatribe of mine brings
you more business... great.. because I think capitalism is a good
thing. It affords you the opportunity to bite the hand that feeds you
and still live very well.

Crystal

--
http://home.comcast.net/~xtals/orchid.htm
. ..

Old 23-03-2004, 03:36 AM
Mick Fournier

Crystal,

I am not talking about people who pay their credit card bills.

I am talking about people who don't pay their credit card bills and creating
debt which other people must ultimately pay.

Mick

a public apology zhanataya Gardening 1 11-02-2012 01:20 AM
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of rec.gardens? Twinkles Gardening 0 26-10-2003 04:42 PM
Apology Accepted ... for what? dkat Ponds 21 28-08-2003 08:02 PM
Apology Accepted Anne Lurie Ponds 1 23-08-2003 03:13 AM
SNL Spartan Cheerleaders/ apology Nedra Ponds 0 27-07-2003 09:03 PM