Old 07-09-2005, 09:20 PM
PondMeister

Default It is time to to go a new group

Hello everyone,

I don't know about you. But I am tired of the crossposting spam that has
been plaguing us. How many good posts about ponds has been lost? How many
new members have left?

Even the regulars don't participate like they use to. Here is a solution;
a moderated group to eliminate all the fuss, That Reel Mckoi and Jabriol
has brought to rec.ponds

The choice is yours; you can participte in your hobby, without the need of
updating your filters, or you can can post hoping that no one will forge
your e-maill address and land you in a kill file or filter.
Everyone can read from the group, but only members in goodstanding can
post.

Here is the information:

About The_pond

spam from you know...

Categories: Language: English

URL
http://groups.google.com/group/The_Pond

Email

Joe the lurker

*** Sent From/Enviado desde:
http://groups.expo.st ***

Old 07-09-2005, 10:42 PM
DeKoi *~

"PondMeister" wrote in message
o.st...
Hello everyone,

I don't know about you. But I am tired of the crossposting spam that has
been plaguing us. How many good posts about ponds has been lost? How many
new members have left?

$$ You need to use your killfile. You wouldn't even see the cross-posted
messages. If you do see them simply pass them by as others do. It's no
big deal. :-)

Even the regulars don't participate like they use to. Here is a solution;
a moderated group to eliminate all the fuss, That Reel Mckoi and Jabriol
has brought to rec.ponds

$$ Excuse me - that JABRIOL has brought to rec.ponds in his quest to drive
me off Usenet. I've been posting on this newsgroup since 1996 without a
problem. Don't hold me responsible for his trolling, forgeries, harassment
and crossposting. Had he been ignored at the start as he was several other
times he invaded rec.ponds, he would not have stayed here. He was
encouraged to remain here, and here he stays.

The choice is yours; you can participte in your hobby, without the need of
updating your filters, or you can can post hoping that no one will forge
your e-maill address and land you in a kill file or filter.

$$ A moderated group would be excellent. Lets hope someone here knows how
to start one.

Everyone can read from the group, but only members in goodstanding can
post.

Here is the information:
About The_pond Description: A group dedicated to real ponders
without the crosspsting spam from you know...
Categories: Language: English
URL
http://groups.google.com/group/The_Pond

## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

Email
Joe the lurker

--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page

Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Gary Woods

"DeKoi *~" wrote:

I've been posting on this newsgroup since 1996 without a
problem. Don't hold me responsible for his trolling, forgeries, harassment
and crossposting.

I hold you responsible for feeding the trolls and continuing a pointless
urination competition with no regard for the collateral damage.
And you constantly morph addresses, which is certain troll/kook sign in
itself.
(I accept a smidge of complicity for this outburst. I'll be quiet now for
a while unless it's pondish and not crossposted.)

Old 07-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Gareee©

"DeKoi *~" wrote in message

Here is the information:
About The_pond Description: A group dedicated to real ponders
without the crosspsting spam from you know...
Categories: Language: English
URL
http://groups.google.com/group/The_Pond

## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

That would be a group with 2 total members??

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 08-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Derek Broughton

PondMeister wrote:

Hello everyone,

I don't know about you. But I am tired of the crossposting spam that has
been plaguing us. How many good posts about ponds has been lost? How many
new members have left?

You know, people like you are more part of the problem than the solution.
Get a good newsreader, ignore the trolls if they get through the filters,
and stop blaming the innocent.

Goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
--
derek
Old 08-09-2005, 12:58 AM
DeKoi *~

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"DeKoi *~" wrote:

I've been posting on this newsgroup since 1996 without a
problem. Don't hold me responsible for his trolling, forgeries,
harassment
and crossposting.

I hold you responsible for feeding the trolls and continuing a pointless
urination competition with no regard for the collateral damage.

$$ Thank you. Which trolls am I feeding here one rec.ponds? I post about
PONDS here, but then maybe you haven't noticed. :-)

And you constantly morph addresses, which is certain troll/kook sign in
itself.

$$ I do? This is the second change in months. You must be confused. Read
Jan's post - she suggested I do this. I can't please everyone on the group.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:00 AM
DeKoi *~

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"DeKoi *~" wrote in message

Here is the information:
About The_pond Description: A group dedicated to real ponders
without the crosspsting spam from you know...
Categories: Language: English
URL
http://groups.google.com/group/The_Pond

## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

That would be a group with 2 total members??

===================
If the cross-posting trolls can be kept off, more people will join. At one
time this was a really nice NG.....

Old 08-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Derek Broughton

DeKoi *~ wrote:

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"DeKoi *~" wrote:

I've been posting on this newsgroup since 1996 without a
problem. Don't hold me responsible for his trolling, forgeries,
harassment and crossposting.

I hold you responsible for feeding the trolls and continuing a pointless
urination competition with no regard for the collateral damage.

Not true - since Maxx (I think) suggested Carol sit on her hands when
provoked, I think she's been doing a fine job (I know I couldn't resist).

And you constantly morph addresses, which is certain troll/kook sign in
itself.

$$ I do? This is the second change in months. You must be confused. Read
Jan's post - she suggested I do this. I can't please everyone on the
group.

He's right about the changing addresses. Even twice in a year is too much.
It doesn't help resolve the problem, and just generally makes people
suspicious. You can't change identities any faster than the vermin
stalking you, so it is easier on you _and_ the rest of us to settle on a
single address. Jan knows ponds, but I respectfully suggest that she's not
an expert on usenet.
--
derek

Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
pondmeister

DeKoi *~ wrote:
## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

I am the moderator. And you will post there no more. Your conduct and
behaviour here has cause this group to be virtually unreadable and full of
trash. Decent people like Elaine and others, who I value and gave great
contributions to this group are no longer with us. I am well aware of your
turn coat personality, you will treat people well and decent until they
critize you in a negative way, then you get nasty, I won\'t have that.
Your harrasment of others in the religious newsgroups is disgusting to me,
And while it is your right to do as you please on usenet, you will not do
so in this new group.

You are free to read whatever you want. You will not participate. I have
banned Jabriol as well. This group will be free of all the nonsense and it
will be user friendly. No need for filters, nor is there any need for
updating killfiles. I have complete control, and one off-topic post
(flame,religion,carol-jabriol sort of trash) will land them into permanent
exile.

Maybe one day when you are decent enough here and elsewhere, I may change
my mind. Maybe.

As for now, there are 4 of you on the newgroup. Once it is known as a
respectable group and a serious one, dedicated to ponds, it will grow, and
you can leave rec.ponds to the likes of Carol and Jabriol.

Anyone who use Googlegroups can read from it. But only members can post.

Spread the word

Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Derek Broughton

pondmeister wrote:

DeKoi *~ wrote:
## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

I am the moderator. And you will post there no more. Your conduct and
behaviour here has cause this group to be virtually unreadable and full of
trash. Decent people like Elaine and others, who I value and gave great
contributions to this group are no longer with us. I am well aware of your
turn coat personality, you will treat people well and decent until they
critize you in a negative way, then you get nasty, I won\'t have that.
Your harrasment of others in the religious newsgroups is disgusting to me,
And while it is your right to do as you please on usenet, you will not do
so in this new group.

Another part of the problem. plonk
--
derek
Old 08-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Reel McKoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
DeKoi *~ wrote:
$$ I do? This is the second change in months. You must be confused.
Read
Jan's post - she suggested I do this. I can't please everyone on the
group.

He's right about the changing addresses. Even twice in a year is too
much.
It doesn't help resolve the problem, and just generally makes people
suspicious. You can't change identities any faster than the vermin
stalking you, so it is easier on you _and_ the rest of us to settle on a
single address. Jan knows ponds, but I respectfully suggest that she's
not
an expert on usenet.

======================
Then I'll stick to Reel McKoi. :-)

Old 08-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Reel McKoi

DeKoi *~ wrote:
## I already posted there. How about you? :-) Who is the moderator?

I am the moderator. And you will post there no more.

$$ That's fine with me. You evidently don't want anyone who posts about
ponds and pond related issues. Maybe you shouldhave started a spoon
collecting NG.

Your conduct and
behaviour here has cause this group to be virtually unreadable and full of
trash.

$$ You have me confused with a well known troll. You need to learn to read
headers (highlight post, click on properties).

Decent people like Elaine and others, who I value and gave great
contributions to this group are no longer with us.

$$ Because they think I'm Jabriol? Sorry, they cannot be that ignorant of
Usenet.

I am well aware of your
turn coat personality, you will treat people well and decent until they
critize you in a negative way, then you get nasty,

$$ I do? What did you expect me to do when these woman both criticized me
when I refused to give in to the Trolls blackmail demands? Look at how
you turned on ME! Pots should not call kettles black. :-)

I won\'t have that.

$$ Then you will have few posters if you allow them to speak to people as
these women spoke to me. Why was it ok for them to be so rude to me? You
never heard that what's good for the geese is also good for the ganders?
This NG will probably be better off without someone like you. It's people
like you who drove off the many nice posters of years ago, including myself.

Your harrasment of others in the religious newsgroups is disgusting to me,

$$ That is YOUR personal problem. What someone does in OTHER NGs is none of
your business. How do we know what YOU do on the Internet or in private? I
figured you had another motive and here it is! The truth comes out.

And while it is your right to do as you please on usenet, you will not do
so in this new group.

$$ LOL!!! You gotta be kidding me!!!!!

You are free to read whatever you want. You will not participate.

$$ Nor with I read a NG run by someone like you.

I have
banned Jabriol as well. This group will be free of all the nonsense and it
will be user friendly. No need for filters, nor is there any need for
updating killfiles.

$$ Yes, by all means killfile my posts here that are pond and fish related
BECAUSE you don't like what I post on other NGs. I'm sure you will Google
and closely monitor all members of your new NG. :-)

I have complete control, and one off-topic post
(flame,religion,carol-jabriol sort of trash) will land them into permanent
exile.

$$ It's obvious you're a control-freak. You should have a great time
monitoring the members of your board to make sure they don't post anything
you disapprove of on other NGs. It'll certainly keep you busy.

Maybe one day when you are decent enough here and elsewhere, I may change
my mind. Maybe.

$$ Elsewhere? What is it YOUR business what people do ELSEWHERE? You have
some nerve to think you have the right to judge others. I can post here as
I've done for the past 9 years quite happily. I'm sure YOU will be much
happier and better off leaving this NG since you have no control over the
posters here. You have no control of where else they post. As Derrik
would say, "Don't let the door hit you as you go!"

As for now, there are 4 of you on the newgroup. Once it is known as a
respectable group and a serious one, dedicated to ponds, it will grow, and
you can leave rec.ponds to the likes of Carol and Jabriol.
Anyone who use Googlegroups can read from it. But only members can post.

$$ Enjoy yourselves. :-) Perhaps we will once again have nice people
*here* as we once did before the rude, intolerant and judgmental people came
along and drove them off.

Spread the word
Joe the lurker

$$ Bye! Have fun keeping track of all your members...... ;-)

Old 08-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Reel McKoi

pondmeister wrote:

DeKoi *~ wrote:
[...]

It's people like him that keep the Trolls in business. I think once all
these people are gone this will be a really nice NG once again, as it was a
few years back. New people are always coming in.

To care what people post on other NGs, to make it your business - is absurd.
He now lives in my Bozo bin with several others.