Old 19-01-2006, 04:47 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Take that, Blue Heron!

"Jack wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
When I was a regular on rec.ponds, I used to post pics to
alt.binaries.aquaria, which is the binaries group for alt.aquaria. No
one in either group ever complained, although I did get razzed when I
posted a pic with the Subject: "Blue Heron" in rec.ponds, a non-binary
group! The Blue Heron is the scourge of pond fishkeepers. The post was
a pic of a bottle of Blue Heron beer.

Speaking of blue herons, here is a pic of one being eaten by a hawk. I
was walking in the woods yesterday and saw this heron just ambling along
minding his own buisness, when WHAM ... he was attacked by this hawk.
When I say "wham" I mean it sounded like two football players
colliding...and just seven or eight feet above my head. Anyway I got a
bunch of pics and it is food related...Hawks food.

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!

--
Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled War on Terror Veterans and
their families:

Old 19-01-2006, 05:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

wrote in message
"Jack wrote:

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!

=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952

Old 20-01-2006, 10:13 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message

"Jack wrote:

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!

=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.

Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

Old 20-01-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message

"Jack wrote:

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!

=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.

Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

=========================
You don't have to do a website. There are places where you can put up a few
pics for free. Snapfish is easy to use. Then everyone can enjoy the pics.
:-)

The other thing about binary NGs is that not all newsservers get the same
thing, get all the messages/pics. One NS may carry your pics and another
wont but everyone can get to a website.

Old 21-01-2006, 03:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!
=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.

Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

Nick, just sent you an E with my "real" e-mail address. If you send the
pics to me (assuming OP doesn't mind) I'll post them on my website. )
~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 21-01-2006, 09:03 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

=========================
You don't have to do a website. There are places where you can put up a
few pics for free. Snapfish is easy to use. Then everyone can enjoy the
pics. :-)

I'll look into it. The pics are available to anyone who goes there? Thanks.

Old 21-01-2006, 09:06 AM posted to rec.ponds

~ jan jjspond wrote:
I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue
Heron!
=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.

Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

Nick, just sent you an E with my "real" e-mail address. If you send the
pics to me (assuming OP doesn't mind) I'll post them on my website. )

Done. Thanks. Another e-mail goin' out to ya with OP's name and NG.

Old 21-01-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

=========================
You don't have to do a website. There are places where you can put up a
few pics for free. Snapfish is easy to use. Then everyone can enjoy the
pics. :-)

I'll look into it. The pics are available to anyone who goes there?
Thanks.

===========================
Yes. All you do is post the URL and they get to see your pics. Just
follow the easy instructions at these free pic sites. I recommended
Snapfish because it's the "easiest" to use.

Old 21-01-2006, 06:59 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:56:37 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:

wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(
=========================
You don't have to do a website. There are places where you can put up a
few pics for free. Snapfish is easy to use. Then everyone can enjoy the
pics. :-)

I'll look into it. The pics are available to anyone who goes there?
Thanks.

===========================
Yes. All you do is post the URL and they get to see your pics. Just
follow the easy instructions at these free pic sites. I recommended
Snapfish because it's the "easiest" to use.

I've got pictures on Snapfish right now, but I can't figure out how to let
anybody see them. Every time I follow their instructions, they want me to
put email addresses in for those who want to view them. I don't know who
(if anybody) would want to see my pond, much the email addresses. How do
you set it up so anyone can go there?

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
We are the CroMagnon of the future

Old 21-01-2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:56:37 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:

wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
[...]

You *right click* on your image, click properties and take the
number/letters the pic is given. See the long, long string of letter and
numbers? That's all there is to it!!!!

http://images.snapfish.com/345%3A%3A...D%3A97%3D9 2%

Old 22-01-2006, 12:49 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
wrote in message
[ . . . ]
Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

You don't have to do a website. There are places where you can put up
a few pics for free. Snapfish is easy to use. Then everyone can
enjoy the pics. :-)

I'll look into it. The pics are available to anyone who goes there?
Thanks.

Yes. All you do is post the URL and they get to see your pics. Just
follow the easy instructions at these free pic sites. I recommended
Snapfish because it's the "easiest" to use.

I've gotta go through my pics. ;-0
Thanks again.

Old 22-01-2006, 04:22 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

wrote in message
"Koi-lo" wrote:
Yes. All you do is post the URL and they get to see your pics. Just
follow the easy instructions at these free pic sites. I recommended
Snapfish because it's the "easiest" to use.

I've gotta go through my pics. ;-0
Thanks again.

============================
If you can't get Snapfish to work or find in too confusing there are other
free sites out there. Your ISP should also provide you webspace. Most do.
You have to call and ask how to utilize it.

Old 22-01-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.ponds
Wilmdale

~ jan jjspond wrote:

I'll post the pic on alt.binaries aquaria as OT Take that, Blue Heron!

=====================================
A website would be better since not everyone gets binaries with their
newsserver service.

Sorry. If I knew how to do a website, I'd try that. ;-(

Nick, just sent you an E with my "real" e-mail address. If you send the
pics to me (assuming OP doesn't mind) I'll post them on my website. )
~ jan

--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Like wise, Nick. You can send it directly to my e-mail addy as well.
W. Dale

Old 22-01-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.ponds
Galen Hekhuis

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:06:44 -0600, "Koi-lo"
wrote:

You *right click* on your image, click properties and take the
number/letters the pic is given. See the long, long string of letter and
numbers? That's all there is to it!!!!

http://images.snapfish.com/345%3A%3A...D%3A97%3D9 2%

That works. I also saw your comment to someone else that many ISPs make
provisions for their members to show pictures. Sure enough, Earthlink
offers that service, and a web builder as well. I'm not at all good at
this stuff, but I managed to get a few pictures in what Earthlink provides
me in a General Photo Album. I screwed up and didn't get the pages in
order, but I renamed them so that you can see them in order if you like.
http://home.earthlink.net/~ghekhuis/generalphotoalbum/

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
We are the CroMagnon of the future

OT Take that, Blue Heron! Cracklin' Ponds 5 21-01-2006 10:27 PM
Great Blue Heron Carolyn Ponds 9 13-09-2004 02:33 PM
Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish! Lisa Ponds 21 18-07-2004 06:02 AM
Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish! Lisa Ponds 2 01-07-2004 07:02 PM
Help! Blue Heron eating all of my fish! Andrew Burgess Ponds 0 27-06-2004 09:07 PM