Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2003, 03:32 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Garbage Can Clay Filter

OK gang, time to be McGyver as someone suggested in another thread. I am
getting this damn clay out of my pond this month. I plan to take a couple of
garbage cans and use them as settling chambers.

I am looking for some opinions on design. As this is a temporary filter just
for the clay, I am looking to do it cheap. I have two old garbage cans that
I can destroy.

My primary question now is how should the water flow? Up or down? I mean,
should I pump water into the bottom of the can, fill the can with filter
media, and have it overflow out the top or vice versa?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond