Old 03-03-2006, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Lidl Gardening week

The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

La chienne is 'bitch', I think.

Of a woman, it's 'garce'.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Don't tell him about the netty! I've a troll living in there and it
needs feeding...

You can *JUST* see it in
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/ad/shedx.jpg

I saw it. I wonder if it has computer and broadband in there?

Don't be potty.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 04-03-2006, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"BAC" wrote

La chienne is 'bitch', I think. As for 'conne',

from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...&dict=F&lang=F
(Dictionnaire Cambridge Klett Compact)

Thanks BAC!
That might come in handy when we move to France!
Jenny

Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , June Hughes
writes

Whatever. I must admit, it is not a word I use at all, either in
English or any other language.

I would NEVER use it, which is why I didn't repeat it in the email!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 04-03-2006, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
I think you might have mixed me up with keen gardener Janet Tweedy,
who met many of the group at various urgmeets..none of them attended by
me.

Janet

Yes definitely 'keen' as opposed to 'expert' though most people who meet
me then run a mile if they see my trays of cuttings being dragged behind
me. They soon learn to protest that there's no more room for even 1
singe plantlet

We seem to have a fair few Janets and Janes on the URG, is that because
gardeners are of a similar age?

Still I'll take the remarks as a compliment, thank you

Janet

Old 04-03-2006, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

Whatever. I must admit, it is not a word I use at all, either in
English or any other language.

I would NEVER use it, which is why I didn't repeat it in the email!

What email? If you mean posting, you repeated it in the posting before
last g. If you emailed me, I didn't get it. If I did get it and
rejected it, I am sorry because I certainly wouldn't intentionally have
done so. Confused.
--
June Hughes
Old 04-03-2006, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:

snip

what makes you so sure La Puce (thank Heavens you didn't pun her 'nom de
guerre' to 'pute', by the way) intended the more base version, as

opposed to
a somewhat more respectable insult?

Her archived urg PH of many derogatory lies and fantasies about my
sexual organs, sexual activities, knickers etc. Her recent post on that
theme to misc. rural, which I reposted here.

Puce has repeatedly demonstrated in English that when she deliberately
intends insult and denigration of a female, she attacks their female
sexual attributes.

Thanks for explaining your reasoning. I shall say no more on this subject !

Old 04-03-2006, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC

"JennyC" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote

La chienne is 'bitch', I think. As for 'conne',

from http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...&dict=F&lang=F
(Dictionnaire Cambridge Klett Compact)

Thanks BAC!
That might come in handy when we move to France!

Good luck with the move. Having looked through the one Janet posted, I'd
take a copy of that, too, if only to avoid a few faux pas!

Old 04-03-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , June Hughes
writes

What email? If you mean posting, you repeated it in the posting before
last g. If you emailed me, I didn't get it. If I did get it and
rejected it, I am sorry because I certainly wouldn't intentionally have
done so. Confused.

Sorry I meant I didn't use it in the posting to the newsgroup, I
should have omitted more and left the preceding message in .........

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 04-03-2006, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

Janet has a great deal of knowledge which shows through here in spades
(as it were and I actually know someone who knows her in the flesh who
says only good things about her.

I think you might have mixed me up with keen gardener Janet Tweedy,
who met many of the group at various urgmeets..none of them attended by
me.

I don't think so. You live on Arran, don't you?

Yes. Is that a clue? :-)

Could be
(yes it is)
--
June Hughes

Old 04-03-2006, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes

What email? If you mean posting, you repeated it in the posting
before last g. If you emailed me, I didn't get it. If I did get it
and rejected it, I am sorry because I certainly wouldn't intentionally
have done so. Confused.

Sorry I meant I didn't use it in the posting to the newsgroup, I
should have omitted more and left the preceding message in .........

Ah! Unconfused.
--
June Hughes