Old 03-09-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Buddleia - dead head

"michael adams" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I have let myself descend to the level of people I do not wish to be
associated with and shall retire from the battle.

What appears to have happened is that Puce posted incorrect
information - and not for the first time - which Janet politely
corrected. When Puce refused to acknowledge her error, and was pressed
on the point she eventually became abusive calling Janet a madwomen.

Exactly; the thread is perfectly clear and we've seen it all before. If
Puce thinks that throwing gutter insults around in French makes it any
less juvenile or unpleasant, afaic it doesn't.

--
Sue

Old 04-09-2006, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
Farewell all and thanks to all the nice people still lurking here.

Please Jenny, our Jenny, don't go, please! I feel entirely responsible
for this now. You just cannot leave. Too many people in here love you
very much indeed. Please come back. You must have exorcised that mad
woman outta your system by now. Please don't leave us. You can't.

Jenny?!

Old 04-09-2006, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sue wrote:
Exactly; the thread is perfectly clear and we've seen it all before. If
Puce thinks that throwing gutter insults around in French makes it any
less juvenile or unpleasant, afaic it doesn't.

What do you want from me exactly? Apologise about what?! I don't have a
clue what you are talking about. I returned to find two emails urging
me to look in here. And I found madness.

Is it about writing Peter instead of Pierre?! This is what my book
said: A closer Look Guide by Sue Lamb. Now I suggest you get in touch
with Sue Lamb and tell her not to publish wrong names! Is that what you
wanted me to write to Janet? If not, what do you want from me? Conne
is not a rude word. OK?! It's not. Bottom, bum, posterior is very much
equivalent to conne. But no, you don't want to hear that don't you.

I think you ought to get together with Janet and others who likes her
madly as it appears and just have a tea or something and reaffirm your
love for each others. You wouldn't then have to prove to each other
your friendship in such nasty and stupid ways. Get a life!!

Old 04-09-2006, 02:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Sue wrote:
[...]

Vachement Pepe Le Pew.

Is this serious? The other froups I visit don't have all this. It's like
East Enders on Cocaine.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
Vachement Pepe Le Pew.
Is this serious? The other froups I visit don't have all this. It's like
East Enders on Cocaine.

LOL!! If only. I think this is the spices of life and sometimes it gets
hot. Usually in winter this kind of things happen - not a lot to do in
the garden you see. But seriously, this appears to be serious indeed.
I'm in it and I don't want the part.... !

Old 04-09-2006, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
As an incomer my vote is that Mr The Dark Red [1] has been misinterpreted. I
guess this because it happens to me all the time, you can't see people
smiling when all you see is plain text :-)

EX-AC-TLY! I smile continuously. Honestly I do.

I think he is not a troll.

Indeed she's not.

[1] or Ms, being Helene, may be?

Indeed. Now ... how and where does your garden grow?

Old 04-09-2006, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , JennyC
writes
I have let myself descend to the level of people I do not wish to be
associated with and shall retire from the battle and leave it to:

"Sacha - Main moderator of the South West"
"Janet - Nasty of the Northern Isles"
"Mike - Mouthy Master if the Seas"

I have just returned from holiday and cannot believe the nastiness that
prevails in urg. It is usually down to 2 people and neither of them are
Sacha or Janet. Was it really necessary, Jenny, to jump on the
bandwagon of someone who is really seriously deluded. I do not read
that person's posts as the kill-file is working well. However, if these
are reproduced then, unfortunately, they leap out at me; foaming at the
mouth. I have been a victim of that person who posted an untruth about
me, that person even got my occupation wrong in their posting, I wonder
where or from whom that mis-information came from!

Why anybody would take issue with Janet for correcting bad advice and
for sticking up for herself when she is called unspeakable and quite
disgusting names in another tongue, is beyond me. As for Sacha's name
being mentioned above, Good Grief - get a grip Jenny - Sacha and Janet
would never stoop to the gutter comments and language of some posters.

I know that if I want advice from urg there are those whom I would NEVER
ever take advice from as it is flawed, consistently wrong, misleading
and misquoted. I learnt, firsthand what bad advice can do - as urglers
will perhaps remember, I killed an already sick and ailing enormous hot
house banana by giving it a saline feed - this was on the advice of a
so-called expert on urg. So when Janet gets fed up with a person giving
stupid and unfounded data, I am certainly behind her and if this elicits
barbed comments from a very small minority - so be it -it won't make me
lose any sleep.
--
Judith Lea
Old 04-09-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg aggression

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

Is this serious? The other froups I visit don't have all this. It's like
East Enders on Cocaine.

Just the usual lovy dovey I must support my fellow owners kissy kissy urg
aggression which rears its head every so often.

I did forcast it not toooooooooo long ago.

It will die down and then rears its jealous ugly head again later :-))

Hand bags at dawn and all that :-))

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 04-09-2006, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default WW III doing very well

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , JennyC
writes
[...]

Reinforcements have arrived and WWIII roaring ahead again on all fronts.

Further reports will SOON be on BBC TV News.

And if Kate Aidei does the reporting then we KNOW it is the real stuff..
Get yer 'at Kate, you have a War Zone to visit.

Mike
With a hard hat on

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 04-09-2006, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith Lea wrote:
I have just returned from holiday and cannot believe the nastiness that
prevails in urg. It is usually down to 2 people and neither of them are
Sacha or Janet. Was it really necessary, Jenny, to jump on the
bandwagon of someone who is really seriously deluded.

We are friends Judith. Jenny and I are friends. Do you know what this
means? But remember when you wanted to be my friend and I didn't want
to be. Do you know why? Because you are SCARY !!!

I do not read
that person's posts

Perhaps not, but you emailed me bout Janet and Sacha, remember? Here in
case you've forgotten ...

Old 04-09-2006, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"©¿©" wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:38:20 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

I have just returned from holiday and cannot believe the nastiness that
prevails in urg.

Reinforcements have arrived and WWIII roaring ahead again on all fronts.

Further reports will SOON be on BBC TV News.

And if Kate Aidei does the reporting then we KNOW it is the real stuff..
Get yer 'at Kate, you have a War Zone to visit.

Mike
With a hard hat on

I'm happy to confirm you're a senile old fool.
--

What for predicting that sooner, in fact MUCH sooner than later, aggression
would break out again in urg?

In the words of a famous net nanny who no longer net nannies or posts here,
"I think not"

:-))

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 04-09-2006, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:18:55 +0100, Judith Lea wrote
(in article ):

snip

I have just returned from holiday and cannot believe the nastiness that
prevails in urg.

big snip

I so agree with you Judith. I have deliberately snipped out anything
relating to any particular individual, but it's a shame some people don't
heed this:

http://www.ibiblio.org/Dave/Dr-Fun/df9601/df960124.jpg

:-)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

JennyC wrote:
Farewell all and thanks to all the nice people still lurking here.

Please Jenny, our Jenny, don't go, please! I feel entirely responsible
for this now. You just cannot leave. Too many people in here love you
very much indeed. Please come back. You must have exorcised that mad
woman outta your system by now. Please don't leave us. You can't.

Jenny?!

Hi Puce,
You have not been the cause of my decision. It's been coming on for a long
time now.

URG has, in my opinion, been disintegrating since an lot of people who used
to post here are either to busy or to fed up with it, to take part any more
:~(

I'd like to make a final comment to Janet, who wrote about me:
" I know you were an early drop out from education, but at your age I'd
expect you to have compensated for that by sheer life experience. "

I did and I have :~))))

URG is primarily about gardening but we used to have fun as well. The fun
part seems to have gone out the window :~(

Plus the amount of cross-posted spam is also annoying and sometimes takes up
half the threads.

I shall take a break and pop back in next year to see how things are

Byeeeeeeee Jenny

Buddleia dead? Frank Booth United Kingdom 5 17-03-2014 10:44 AM
Dead Buddleia 'Mike' United Kingdom 53 08-09-2008 03:48 PM
Replacement Weed-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n' Cut" fixed 4 line head - Any Good ? Robert11 Lawns 1 05-07-2005 10:35 AM
Should I dead-head Pieris? Cuvapu United Kingdom 4 04-05-2004 11:05 AM
when to dead head petunias? R P McMurphy United Kingdom 1 22-08-2003 07:12 PM