Old 02-09-2006, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default WW III

"Mike" wrote
Hand bags at Dawn!!

Arghhhhh what is URG coming too......
For once I agree with Mike !!!!!!!
Jenny "~)

Old 02-09-2006, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote
Hand bags at Dawn!!

Arghhhhh what is URG coming too......
For once I agree with Mike !!!!!!!
Jenny "~)

I was right wasn't I?

:-))

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-09-2006, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Buddleia - dead head

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

bla bla bla bla

Tell me, do you religiously keep a logfile of how often people post and
whether they are 'right' according to you?

Come on Janet, life's to short :~))
Jenny

It's called 'Control' and 'Ownership'

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote
snipped
I really hope this is not going to degenerate into another
long thread .....................
Sacha

What are you doing contributing then ?
Jenny

Once again it's called 'Control' and 'Ownership'

:-(((

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-09-2006, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 2/9/06 15:26, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
snipped
I really hope this is not going to degenerate into another
long thread .....................
Sacha

What are you doing contributing then ?
Jenny

Why snip the bit that mattered most, Jenny? Too close to home, I think.
--
Sacha
South Devon

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooow wwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 02-09-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Tell me, do you religiously keep a logfile of how often people post and
whether they are 'right' according to you?

No need; I have a brain. Any longterm urgler will surely
automatically register they are reading a longterm regular poster, a
longterm infrequent poster, someone completely new to the group, a
total beginner, or someone whose longterm performance here proves
their expertise (like David Poole).

If your memory doesn't, or can't , do that, bad luck. Maybe it never
learned how because you don't exercise your brain much with reading for
entertainment, information or retention. But from how other posters
perform here, I'd say most of them do, and you're in a minority.

If you knew more about gardening, and were attentive, and had a memory
better than a seive, then over an extended period you would notice
whether some familiar name (such as Echinosum) tends to post accurate
garden and plant information which can be relied on. You would notice if
another regular poster is clearly out of their depth, regularly posts
wrong facts and refuses to admit they were wrong when the indisputable
error of fact is pointed out .

As to whether facts are wrong or right "according to me", you're
making a fool of yourself. I don't decide the right and wrong of such
issues as plant structure, origin, habit. Or historical dates, or
whether planthunter David's name was Peter or Armand.Those are a simple
matter of recorded fact.

I know you were an early drop out from education, but at your age I'd
expect you to have compensated for that by sheer life experience. It's
astonishing that you are apparently blindingly unaware of how others
constantly, automatically collect and filter simple information. What a
huge chunk of life must have passed you by, without you even noticing.

Janet.

MMmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww wwww

WWIII doing well thank you

'Owners' and 'Net Nannies' firing on all cylinders and with full support of
..
..
..
..

each other :-((

Mike
Who was correct once again :-))))))

Aggresion Rules OK
:-))

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-09-2006, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Janet Baraclough
writes

It must be so galling for a woman of your "Hyacinth Bucket" social
pretensions to keep tripping herself up.

G Well done Janet. That is exactly what I think of you. How on earth
do you pretend to know so much about me? I really can't be bothered to
waste any more time on you. As I said - Get a life.

I say, girls.

Any chance I could persuade the two of you to get butt-naked and resolve
your differences by wrestling to either a knockout or a submission in a
large bowl of mud?

I'd be very happy to run the online box-office for the event and I'm sure
most people who are still reading the ongoing bickering would find it a darn
sight more entertaining.

--
Brian

Old 03-09-2006, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

[...]

Finger nails trimmed right back of course?

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 03-09-2006, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brian Watson" wrote

I'm sure most people who are still reading the ongoing

bickering would find it a darn sight more entertaining.
Brian

Brian, your comment hasconvinced me that I should no longer take part in
this discussion or for that matter in URG in general.

I have let myself descend to the level of people I do not wish to be
associated with and shall retire from the battle and leave it to:

"Sacha - Main moderator of the South West"
"Janet - Nasty of the Northern Isles"
"Mike - Mouthy Master if the Seas"

Farewell all and thanks to all the nice people still lurking here.

Jenny

Old 03-09-2006, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Buddleia - dead head - OT

In message , Brian Watson
writes
snip

Any chance I could persuade the two of you to get butt-naked and resolve
your differences by wrestling to either a knockout or a submission in a
large bowl of mud?

I'd be very happy to run the online box-office for the event and I'm sure
most people who are still reading the ongoing bickering would find it a darn
sight more entertaining.

Thank you for your kind offer. I am afraid you would find any contest
very disappointing as there will only be one contestant and that will
not be me, as I shall not be seeing any more of the other person's posts
unless they are repeated by someone like you.
--
June Hughes
Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

I say, girls.

snipped drivel in a similar vein

I'd be very happy to run the online box-office for the event and I'm sure
most people who are still reading the ongoing bickering would find it a

darn
sight more entertaining.

Presumably most people who are still reading the "ongoing bickering"
must find it entertaining to some degree, or they wouldn't continue
reading it, would they ?

It can often be a big mistake in life I find, to credit other people
with one's own level of intelligence.

Brian

and post like a what, exactly ?

michael adams

Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

I have let myself descend to the level of people I do not wish to be
associated with and shall retire from the battle.

What appears to have happened is that Puce posted incorrect information
- and not for the first time - which Janet politely corrected. When Puce
refused to acknowledge her error, and was pressed on the point she
eventually became abusive calling Janet a madwomen.

I personally find it advisable to stay out of disputes where the
disputants have a "history". As however good one's intentions they're
often open to misinterprettion in the heat of the moment. Only
the main participants themselves are aware of every nuance in what's
being posted, and it can be tiresome for them to have to explain all
this to any "outsiders" reading the exchange at face value.

However, your mileage may vary.

michael adams

Jenny

Old 03-09-2006, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/9/06 09:57, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote

I'm sure most people who are still reading the ongoing

bickering would find it a darn sight more entertaining.
Brian

Brian, your comment hasconvinced me that I should no longer take part in
this discussion or for that matter in URG in general.

E-flounces are a big mistake as they leave the flouncer little room for
manoeuvre.

I have let myself descend to the level of people I do not wish to be
associated with and shall retire from the battle and leave it to:

"Sacha - Main moderator of the South West"
"Janet - Nasty of the Northern Isles"
"Mike - Mouthy Master if the Seas"

Oh, I'm so glad to see that you're not 'descending'. What a masterpiece of
hypocrisy.

Farewell all and thanks to all the nice people still lurking here.

If you choose to do an e-flounce that's up to you, Jenny though I think it's
a pity. Apart from anything else it seems to leave the impression that
you're storming off because you think it perfectly alright for Janet to be
called all sorts of names as she has been, both in the past and in this
thread, by one particular poster, one of those names being open to
seriously filthy interpretation. You also seem to think that you accusing
Janet of such behaviour is acceptable, even though it is patently false and
untrue. Why Janet or anyone else should sit still and take that from you
and Puce is beyond my imagining which is why I spoke up. Disliking someone
is one thing - we all have our likes and dislikes on ngs just as we do in
real life - but calling someone disgusting names and lying about them is
another thing altogether and personally, I can't stand by and watch that
sort of thing. It is a *fact* that Puce tries to pass herself off as a
gardening expert when she is nothing of the sort and frequently gives very
poor information and advice. When corrected she can never admit she's
wrong, climb down or apologise but ultimately always resorts to personal
insult and bad language. You seem to think that should be allowed, I don't
so it's as simple as that. What you now choose to do is up to you, of
course.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 03-09-2006, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Final word from the 'Controller'?

Mike

--
--------------------------------------
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/9/06 09:57, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Brian Watson" wrote

[...]

Buddleia dead? Frank Booth United Kingdom 5 17-03-2014 10:44 AM
Dead Buddleia 'Mike' United Kingdom 53 08-09-2008 03:48 PM
Replacement Weed-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n' Cut" fixed 4 line head - Any Good ? Robert11 Lawns 1 05-07-2005 10:35 AM
Should I dead-head Pieris? Cuvapu United Kingdom 4 04-05-2004 11:05 AM
when to dead head petunias? R P McMurphy United Kingdom 1 22-08-2003 07:12 PM