Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Receiving this newsgroup

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:02:54 +0000, R.A.Omond wrote:

I've been with Demon for more than 14 years. I'm also looking to
change now. It's absolutely unacceptable service.

I was a "founder member" but left ages ago, about the time Cliff sold out
to Thus. For news I use news.individual.net, fast, reliable and cheap,
10eur/year about £7. There are free news servers out there but there is a
bit of "you get what you pay for"...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , rjbl
writes

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is sorted now.

Not here it's not. I still only get to see postings to newsgroups by
demon users. Nothing else..... unless I go onto Google groups to see
them.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , hugh
] writes

More like two months - and no it ain't sorted.

No, it's still not here either. Still it's nice to chat to the few Demon
users that are posting.
If it was universal overloading of the newsgroups and usenet services
how come everyone else can get their postings onto usenet?
I wouldn't mind but Demon never inform us about what's going on or how
likely a solution is to be found.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 4, 7:04 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

Rusty, one of these days, when Sacha is back, I am going to have a
word with her and we might both come and sort the pair of you rascals
out!!!

Oooooooh!

Promises-promises!

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Look, here you we are going to get into trouble with this LOL (Mind
you it beats trouble in the group doesn't it?)

Judith
Old 04-11-2008, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 4, 9:23 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , rjbl
writes

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is sorted now.

Not here it's not. I still only get to see postings to newsgroups by
demon users. Nothing else..... unless I go onto Google groups to see
them.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Oh Janet, so you don't see me!!!!!

Judith

Old 04-11-2008, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

I wouldn't mind but Demon never inform us about what's going on or how
likely a solution is to be found.

Zetnet has a MOTD (message of the day) which seldom changes ("all
systems seem to be working properly" OWTTE), but when there is trouble,
or a change, it tends to be mentioned.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 05-11-2008, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 4, 10:23 pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:31:44 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:23 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , rjbl
writes

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is sorted now.

Not here it's not. I still only get to see postings to newsgroups by
demon users. Nothing else..... unless I go onto Google groups to see
them.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Oh Janet, so you don't see me!!!!!

Put your clothes on, the rest of us can see you.
--

Martin

Oh no you can't!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 5, 4:25 pm, Zhang DaWei wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 12:54:17 +0000, hugh ] wrote:
I first joined Demon in the early 90s when Windows For Workgroups was
around. Like most other private users I am now coming to the conclusion
it's time to move on. The old familiar story of British entrepreneurial
initiative being suffocated by the corporate suites.

I also was one of the early subscribers to Demon. A while back, I
decided to use a different USENET news server (I now use
news.individual.net, which is fine since I don't want binary groups),
and so, although the latest fiasco doesn't bother me, it has confirmed
me that Demon's once good care of its customers is much worse than
many other ISPs now. Additionally, I'm paying more than many good ISPs
ask for a service that supposedly includes news, but whic I've not
been able to rely on for some months. So, I'm not getting the service
I paid for. Next Tuesday, after having got my MAC code, I'm off to a
different ISP (adsl24.co.uk in my case, who, as an ENTANET reseller,
seem very good). 15 years of being a customer of theirs comes to an
end.
--
David D Stretch: Stoke-on-Trent, UK.
Please keep the email address confidential.

David I remember when most of us posting to urg were on Demon years
ago, it was always recommended by everyone. I always found Demon,for
at least 12 years, first class but things changed and I lost
confidence in them.

Judith
Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:23 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , rjbl
writes

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is
sorted now.

Not here it's not. I still only get to see postings to newsgroups by
demon users. Nothing else..... unless I go onto Google groups to see
them.

Oh Janet, so you don't see me!!!!!

Put your clothes on, the rest of us can see you.

Oh no you can't!!!

Want to borrow my bug-detector?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Judith in France contains these words:

David I remember when most of us posting to urg were on Demon years
ago, it was always recommended by everyone.

Nearly everyone.

I always found Demon,for
at least 12 years, first class but things changed and I lost
confidence in them.

A lot of the old Demon customers seem to have migrated to alt.net - this
is not a compliment.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 5, 9:06 pm, Martin wrote:

wrote:
On Nov 4, 9:23 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , rjbl
writes

There does seem to have been an issue with Demon picking up its feeds
from USENET for about a month; but it does look as if it is
sorted now.

Not here it's not. I still only get to see postings to newsgroups by
demon users. Nothing else..... unless I go onto Google groups to see
them.

Oh Janet, so you don't see me!!!!!

Put your clothes on, the rest of us can see you.

Oh no you can't!!!

Want to borrow my bug-detector?

Can you see lice?
--

Martin

If you two don't stop it, I am going to sort you out, no I am not
going to respond to the pair of you, duh - just you wait until Sacha
gets back!! p.s. Rusty, I am back in the UK in December need notice
for that cup of coffee?

Judith
Old 05-11-2008, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

If you two don't stop it, I am going to sort you out, no I am not
going to respond to the pair of you, duh - just you wait until Sacha
gets back!! p.s. Rusty, I am back in the UK in December need notice
for that cup of coffee?

Hum.

Now what am I doing in December?

looks in diary

Ah! Hibernation!

/looks

Can't keep the *WHOLE* of December free, innit.

Can you narrow it down a bit?

Oh, and I *NEVER* drink coffe...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 05-11-2008, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Nov 5, 10:00 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

If you two don't stop it, I am going to sort you out, no I am not
going to respond to the pair of you, duh - just you wait until Sacha
gets back!! p.s. Rusty, I am back in the UK in December need notice
for that cup of coffee?

Hum.

Now what am I doing in December?

looks in diary

Ah! Hibernation!

/looks

Can't keep the *WHOLE* of December free, innit.

Can you narrow it down a bit?

Oh, and I *NEVER* drink coffe...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Wine sweetheart and should I bring you Crocosmia Lucifer? The week
commencing 15th December?

Judith
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

If you two don't stop it, I am going to sort you out, no I am not
going to respond to the pair of you, duh - just you wait until Sacha
gets back!! p.s. Rusty, I am back in the UK in December need notice
for that cup of coffee?

Hum.

Now what am I doing in December?

looks in diary

Ah! Hibernation!

/looks

Can't keep the *WHOLE* of December free, innit.

Can you narrow it down a bit?

Oh, and I *NEVER* drink coffe...

Wine sweetheart and should I bring you Crocosmia Lucifer? The week
commencing 15th December?

Wine suits me - or beer - or tea (proper tea, not a teabag sloshed about
in warm milky water!), or most things, but not coffee.

boggle
Crocosmia Lucifer wine?
/boggle

'Twould be lovely, ta. All I have in that line is montbretia and some
freesia corms.

Right, week of 15th Dec pencilled-in - probably not available on
Thursday - will check fixture list when I get it next week. No transport
(except bicycle) at weekends.

Friday night will be a darts match.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

I've never played darts, I might just go with you lol

Judith