Old 30-12-2009, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

"lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:03:36 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:10:57 -0500, Steve Barron
wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them. I am professional
Urban Fox Controller working in North & East London areas, spending most
of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties.
I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of
lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more
information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com

A domestic dog has the same chance of contracting leptospirosis as a
fox .. urban or otherwise. So do we shoot stray dogs ?

Yes, that is true, they can get it from rats unless you inoculate your own
dogs against it, which you should as a responsible owner.
When was the last time you saw a stray dog? Unless it accidently escaped
from its home.

As a poultry keeper, I have no problem with the post although digging up
flower beds is not a problem, killing my chickens is, especially during
the
day.

A dog, fence, lama and that other furry thing are excellent guards for
free range animals. If your animals are being killed you're neglecting
their welfare, blaming foxes is just copping out.

So you are against free range chickens then, you think they should all be
incarcerated in cages?

Alan

Old 30-12-2009, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

Who are these 'most of us', those 'most of us' obviously have no idea of the
damage those bloody things do.

Old 30-12-2009, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:18:17 -0700, "graham" wrote:

. ..

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis
(weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external
parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

I am professional
Urban Fox Controller

Nothing professional about killing animals for fun.

Where did he say that he enjoyed it?

That or mentally deranged, either way if the cap fits.

The only mentally deranged are people like you!

Old 30-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered User

Location: North & East London

It all boils down to responsible pet ownership again. I know it costs money, but we have a litter tray for our cat and provided that it is cleaned daily and filled with fresh litter, we do not have any problems or complaints from our neighbours of our cat fouling in their garden. If kittens are trained from day 1 to use the litter tray or 'house', it will save all the trouble. Lazy cat owners who adopt the attidude 'out of sight - out of mind' are the authors of their pets wrong-doings.
__________________
Pest - Go Limited
Old 30-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered User

Location: North & East London
Smile

Thanks Lloyd, who said I controlled foxes for fun. I prevent the spread of diseases passed on to children in schools and colleges by foxes constant fouling. If a primary school has a fox problem, I guess you would prefer to see a child go blind? That a sensible attitude. O, yes, I am CRB checked and insured !!!

Whats a proper job?
__________________
Pest - Go Limited

Old 30-12-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:57:59 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I had most of my chickens once killed by a fox in the day, when I got home
from work it was still killing
It ran away when I saw it, leaving 22 dead and the end of my project.

Yes, anyone who can put foxes out is good.

Here, here, the idiots who are against killing foxes live in fools paradise,
they have absolutely no idea of the problems they cause!

One of my neighbours tried to keep ducks for the eggs, the damned foxes
killed all of them, another, rather foolishly let a pet rabbit free to run
in the garden it disappeared, obviously killed by a fox.

Sounds like irresponsible ownership to me. People should be given a
competence test before being allowed pets/animals
Old 30-12-2009, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:59:44 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Nothing wrong with free range chickens, it's the free range idiots
that own them are the problem. I wouldn't let my animals outside
unsecured any more than I'd let my children out unsecured.

Some people just don't get it, which is quite scary but does explain
a lot.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:02:50 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis
(weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external
parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

I am professional
Urban Fox Controller

Nothing professional about killing animals for fun.

Where did he say that he enjoyed it?

That or mentally deranged, either way if the cap fits.

The only mentally deranged are people like you!

Try not to show your ignorance.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:01:16 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

Who are these 'most of us', those 'most of us' obviously have no idea of the
damage those bloody things do.

If you think your life is tough try looking at it from the fox's point
of view. Then consider how lucky you are that that's all you
apparently have to worry about.
Old 30-12-2009, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them. I am professional
Urban Fox Controller working in North & East London areas, spending most
of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties.
I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of
lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more
information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com

Scam city for this chap, knew he was a jerk!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=SE28+0WQ&meta=

One address and 1001 things going on, I smell something worse than a
fox here.

PO Box 19184 London SE28 0WQ GB

Old 30-12-2009, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Well the foxy site looked very unproff for a start. As far as free
range hens/ducks go ..... the most time they are at risk is in the
daylight, when the there are cubs to feed in the spring. Any night of
the year fowl should be shut in after they have gone to roost.
Common sense methinks.

Mike P
Old 30-12-2009, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Sadly lacking in some.

I was watching RSPCA on TV a few weeks back, some travellers had moved
off a field and left a few chickens behind, these had taken to
roosting in the trees. Damn clever these chooks.
Old 30-12-2009, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:03:36 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Hopefully you learned a little about how chickens should not be looked
after, and now do it properly!

Yes, anyone who can put foxes out is good.

You blame the fox for your incompetence? If you cannot look after your
chickens properly perhaps you should question keeping them, although
it sounds like they are expected to keep themselves in your world!

Oh, do get real, lloyd!
I've kept chickens for 30 years- your experience with them is exactly what?
Foxes are a perfect nuisance for poultry keepers. I'm afraid if they come
here in the day after my poultry they get a piece of lead in their ear.

Old 30-12-2009, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:27:25 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

That's irrelevant. If the chickens were looked after properly there
would be no issue.

Foxes are a perfect nuisance for poultry keepers.

Only those who don't know how to look after chickens, or worse don't
care how they look after them.

I'm afraid if they come
here in the day after my poultry they get a piece of lead in their ear.

That's your choice, but don't dress it up like you're doing the world
a favour by wantonly killing an animal that is only struggling to
survive.

Just because you keep chickens doesn't make you a good keeper by any
stretch. A good keeper can live side by side with nature instead of
trying to destroy it.

Old 30-12-2009, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Of course, it's sensible to do that, I always do, but when they come during
the day to kill all your poultry is a whole different kettle of fish.
I have no problem with foxes passing through my garden at night and trying
to get in to my chickens. That is not possible as they are shut up safely
at dusk. I DO have issues when they come in the day, though and daytime
foxes that kill my hens are likely to be ex-foxes here, and pretty soon too.
One of them completely wiped out an 8 year project I was doing, trying to
breed a gold splashed chicken laying a dark brown egg.
You can imagine my feelings when the fox was still there, killing. If I'd
had a gun in my hand, when the barsteward turned to look at me as it ran
off, I would have blasted it's head clean off. In temper.

I cannot keep free range chickens any more. They have to be in huts and
runs, with concrete floors and roofs on, because of the firkin things.