Old 28-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered User

Location: North & East London
Default Professional Urban Fox Control

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act 1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them. I am professional Urban Fox Controller working in North & East London areas, spending most of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties. I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com
__________________
Pest - Go Limited
Old 29-12-2009, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:10:57 +0000, Steve Barron wrote
(in article ):

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns andsteal our

tools,

Steal our tools? Tries to imagine fox with spade and fails. Well, if they
steal our tools I wish they'd learn to use them and be a bit helpful.

spam snipped

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 29-12-2009, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Dec, 17:10, Steve Barron Steve.Barron.
wrote:

steal our tools,

No, you've got them mixed up with Pikeys. I quite like foxes.
Old 29-12-2009, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:10:57 -0500, Steve Barron
wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them. I am professional
Urban Fox Controller working in North & East London areas, spending most
of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties.
I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of
lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more
information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com

A domestic dog has the same chance of contracting leptospirosis as a
fox .. urban or otherwise. So do we shoot stray dogs ?

Mike P
Old 29-12-2009, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Yes, that is true, they can get it from rats unless you inoculate your own
dogs against it, which you should as a responsible owner.
When was the last time you saw a stray dog? Unless it accidently escaped
from its home.

As a poultry keeper, I have no problem with the post although digging up
flower beds is not a problem, killing my chickens is, especially during the
day.
I had most of my chickens once killed by a fox in the day, when I got home
from work it was still killing
It ran away when I saw it, leaving 22 dead and the end of my project.

Yes, anyone who can put foxes out is good.

Old 29-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered User

Location: North & East London

Most of my work is inner city London, not in rural areas. There is a difference between rural foxes and urban city foxes. A London fox's diet generally consists of left over pizza, kebabs, burgers and tinned cat food left out be well wishers, as opposed to rabbits in grassy meadows.
Due to urban foxes living in close proximity, disease such as mange can be easily transmitted. We are now approaching 2010 and there are no wild stray dog packs roaming the streets, unless by accident lost. As most dogs are now micro-chipped, reuniting them with their owners is very easy. So no, stray dogs are not shot on sight !!!! What a strange comment.

Foxes that freely enter school grounds or private gardens fouling everywhere and causing a health & safety hazard need controlling.

Our pets are taken to the vets regularly to be wormed, flead and vaccinated.

Foxes are not regularly rounded up for veterinary treatments.

Fox cubs are passed worms by their mothers milk from day one and will retain these internal parasites throughout their life, as well as ticks, fleas and mange.

Mange is a terrible disease which causes incessant itching, leading to wound infection.

With regards to tools going missing, as most gardens in London are very small, if tools are not put away securely, they will go missing.
__________________
Pest - Go Limited
Old 29-12-2009, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

I am professional
Urban Fox Controller

Nothing professional about killing animals for fun. Can't you get a
proper job like the rest of us?

working in North & East London areas, spending most
of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties.

Hope you've been vetted.

I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of
lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more
information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com

A domestic dog has the same chance of contracting leptospirosis as a
fox .. urban or otherwise. So do we shoot stray dogs ?

Foxes would be way down my list of so called vermin I'd want shot of,
I'd start with certain humans first of all.
Old 29-12-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:03:36 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

A dog, fence, lama and that other furry thing are excellent guards for
free range animals. If your animals are being killed you're neglecting
their welfare, blaming foxes is just copping out.

I had most of my chickens once killed by a fox in the day, when I got home
from work it was still killing
It ran away when I saw it, leaving 22 dead and the end of my project.

Hopefully you learned a little about how chickens should not be looked
after, and now do it properly!

Yes, anyone who can put foxes out is good.

You blame the fox for your incompetence? If you cannot look after your
chickens properly perhaps you should question keeping them, although
it sounds like they are expected to keep themselves in your world!

Old 29-12-2009, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , lloyd
wrote

Foxes would be way down my list of so called vermin I'd want shot of

Cats that shit in other peoples gardens would be at the top of my list.

,
I'd start with certain humans first of all.

Only the ones who post here defending their inability to control there
animals.

--
Alan

Old 29-12-2009, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

I am professional
Urban Fox Controller

Nothing professional about killing animals for fun.

Where did he say that he enjoyed it?
I think that you might be what my grandfather called "a wet ha'porth"!

Old 29-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered User

Location: North & East London

Leptospirosis (Weil's disease) is a disease of worldwide significance that infects both animals and humans.

The scientific name of the infecting organism is Leptospira interrogans sensu lato. Within this species there are many different strains (serovars).

Of these different strains there are eight that are of importance for dogs and cats.

These different strains produce different levels and types of disease depending on the animals they infect.

While cats can be infected, they rarely show signs of disease.

The disease is much more of a problem in dogs, people, and livestock.

There are vaccines available, but usually only for one or two of the more common strains.

Unfortunately, vaccination against one strain does not protect against the other strains.

The current canine vaccines protect against the serovars canicola and icterohaemorrhagiae.

These two serovars have been decreasing in total number of infections, but unfortunately, other serovars that infect dogs such as grippotyphosa, pomona, and bratislava have increased.

If you think that your dog is at a higher risk, speak to your own vet with regards to vaccination.
__________________
Pest - Go Limited
Old 29-12-2009, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:16:57 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , lloyd
wrote

Foxes would be way down my list of so called vermin I'd want shot of

Cats that shit in other peoples gardens would be at the top of my list.

,
I'd start with certain humans first of all.

Only the ones who post here defending their inability to control there
animals.

It does seem strange we can let cats roam free but nothing else. I
wonder who came up with that bright idea?

Old 29-12-2009, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:18:17 -0700, "graham" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them.

Or just leave them alone and enjoy their company like most of us do.

I am professional
Urban Fox Controller

Nothing professional about killing animals for fun.

Where did he say that he enjoyed it?

That or mentally deranged, either way if the cap fits.
Old 30-12-2009, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:24:02 +0000, Malcolm
wrote:

In article , lloyd
writes
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:16:57 +0000, Alan
wrote:

In message , lloyd
wrote

Foxes would be way down my list of so called vermin I'd want shot of

Cats that shit in other peoples gardens would be at the top of my list.

,
I'd start with certain humans first of all.

Only the ones who post here defending their inability to control there
animals.

It does seem strange we can let cats roam free but nothing else. I
wonder who came up with that bright idea?

I suspect the cats did!

They do say they have special powers over us.
Old 30-12-2009, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

Here, here, the idiots who are against killing foxes live in fools paradise,
they have absolutely no idea of the problems they cause!

One of my neighbours tried to keep ducks for the eggs, the damned foxes
killed all of them, another, rather foolishly let a pet rabbit free to run
in the garden it disappeared, obviously killed by a fox.