Old 01-01-2010, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 16:23:42 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote aren't interested in listening to those
who do, so inevitably you will
learn nothing. Christina has been keeping poultry for years and yet you
think you know better than she how to do it. That pretty much
demonstrates your line of reasoning. But that's most definitely your
problem, not mine. 'bye.

I've kept poultry for more than 30 years and the biggest problem has been
that during the last few year, townies have started to feed them which makes
them not afraid of people and they come out in the day.
That makes it impossible for me to keep free range hens now.

You have no idea what free range means. Letting your chickens loose in
the woods and fields and expecting them all to come home borders on
sheer lunacy, and completely irresponsible. Given the way you now
treat your precious hens shows you have nothing but contempt for the
value of either your life or theirs, which is quite sad.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , lloyd
writes
wrote:

[...]

Lloyd, you seem to know as much about wildlife as you know about
gardening. Sad - as under other threads you seem relatively sensible but
I can't be bothered with ignorant and emotional ranting. Sorry! Plonk!!

HNY BTW.

--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 17:17:00 +0000, Gopher wrote:

In message , lloyd
writes
wrote:

[...]

I had no idea spotting cruel, selfish people required a qualification.
I always presumed it was a gift. I also presumed we were supposed to
stand up for the victims of this world. How long do you think we
should turn a blind eye for, and how much benefit do you feel it gives
society?

Terrible shame, I've never seen so much nervous shuffling.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 2 Jan 2010 10:45:36 GMT, Paul Simonite
wrote:

The message
from lloyd contains these words:

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:51:42 +0000, (A.Lee) wrote:

Compo in Caithness wrote:

Humour apart - I was informed yesterday that a Pine Marten was
recently caught and died horribly, in a trap nearby. The trap was
aimed at foxes and other predatory animals of (they say) farm
livestock. This practice is barbaric and unnecessary.

So you have no actual evidence of this trap?
I doubt anyone uses anything but a plain 'trap not kill' trap for foxes.
These should be checked every day to see if anything has been caught,
and if anything has been caught, they should be shot or killed humanely
immediately.

I hardly think ethics or common sense would apply to the kind of low
life that sets out to kill wildlife. By definition they're selfish
pigs and hardly the sort of person you'd bring home to meet your
family.

Agreed Lloyd. I will say no more about the trapping because it may
compromise evidence. I do not involve myself in gossip as Alan Lee
suggests - my story came from a professional source.

Probably wise. I'd have no compulsion about trashing any wildlife
traps I found. Discreetly of course, one should remember the calibre
of coward nutcases we are dealing with that set them. They'd just as
soon see walkers dead as wildlife.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 19:15:20 +0000, Malcolm
wrote:

In article , Bill Grey
writes

If a fox was struggling to survive it might take just the one chicken,
instead , it will kill pretty well all the chickens in a killing frenzy.
Not the act of a starving animal.

No, it is not a "killing frenzy, but the act of an animal that is
killing more than it needs at that particular moment, but no more than
it might need over a period to come. Foxes cache food they can't eat
right then and would, if the hencoop was left undisturbed, return for
more on following night.

I once heard a neighbour had about a dozen chickens lost in a pen and
they blame badgers! Is that possible?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

In article , Bill Grey
writes

If a fox was struggling to survive it might take just the one chicken,
instead , it will kill pretty well all the chickens in a killing frenzy.
Not the act of a starving animal.

No, it is not a "killing frenzy, but the act of an animal that is
killing more than it needs at that particular moment, but no more than
it might need over a period to come. Foxes cache food they can't eat
right then and would, if the hencoop was left undisturbed, return for
more on following night.

I once heard a neighbour had about a dozen chickens lost in a pen and
they blame badgers! Is that possible?

Seems so
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...chickens&meta=

rabbits too!