Old 29-10-2012, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is keeping rabbits for the table OT here?

Martin wrote in
:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:09:36 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
news

The rabbit stud which impregnated your two females or was that Harvey?

I am no wiser. Harvey? Who is Harvey? And they are not my females yet.

The studs which impregnated them are FAB1&2(F**k all bunnies:Troy is
number1 and Virgil is 2). The lady rabbits love them. Harvey? is that a
sherry, or a Bristol cream. Parker would know. Ask Lady Penelope about
Parker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_(film)
... a middle-aged, amiable (and somewhat eccentric) individual whose
best friend is an invisible 6' 3.5" tall rabbit named Harvey.

weird
Old 29-10-2012, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
news
Not the ones the Dutch oak smoke. They aren't scary Moray Eels either.
I saw one looking like this in a place, where we snorkeled in Greece.
My heart almost stopped.
http://onemoregeneration.org/wp-cont...a-06-05-11.jpg
I don't recall it being green, but more of a brown colour.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message

Well, I asked because I recently ate a very nice meal made by my
friends wife, of rabbit in gravy with mashed potatoes, cabbage and
carrots.sic. I loved it. I didn't know it was rabbit beforehand so it
was a bit of a surprise.
They have reared their own rabbits but I don't think they have done
it with their welfare as a number 1 priority. That pees me off.
I would like to breed some to use but only if I can look after them
properly, so I would like to hear some advice if anybody has some for
me.

For some reason I missed this so I was pleased to catch up. It is very good
to hear that you care about their welfare! Good for you!

What lead shot? I won't be shooting them in their pen. I don't even have a
shotgun! I will be rearing them in my garden from 2 pregnant females at
first to see how I go. I need to know how to look aftem first.
Who is Mr McGregor?

Do keep us up to date with how it goes. btw I don't know who Mr McGregor is
either

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:09:36 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
news

The rabbit stud which impregnated your two females or was that Harvey?

I am no wiser. Harvey? Who is Harvey? And they are not my females yet.

The studs which impregnated them are FAB1&2(F**k all bunnies:Troy is
number1 and Virgil is 2). The lady rabbits love them. Harvey? is that a
sherry, or a Bristol cream. Parker would know. Ask Lady Penelope about
Parker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_(film)
... a middle-aged, amiable (and somewhat eccentric) individual whose
best friend is an invisible 6' 3.5" tall rabbit named Harvey.

weird

lol, well this *is* Martin you know g

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin[_2_] View Post
On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 23:30:38 -0000, "Kathy" wrote:

Nope. it's *any* eels that do it.

I'm with you on this one, Kathy, it's that greasy oily texture of eels that I can't stand *heaves* but bunnies: yum! Simple cooking = stew with an onion, posh cooking = stew in red wine with an onion.

I used to go out lamping with a mate, we used to get 30-40 in a short evening, no problem. I can imagine that keeping them in runs would save an awful lot of time, walking around in the dark, and ammo!

Rachel

Old 29-10-2012, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--

Peter Rabbit? Beatrix Potter's creation. Mr McGregor is the gardener who
nearly catches Peter.

Ohhh THAT Mr McGregor!!!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/29/2012 11:16 AM, Martin wrote:

I'm old enough to remember crappy films like this

Me too.
But I don't think it's crappy - I think it's rather pleasant.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/10/2012 15:16, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:39:34 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:09:36 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in
news

The rabbit stud which impregnated your two females or was that Harvey?

I am no wiser. Harvey? Who is Harvey? And they are not my females yet.

The studs which impregnated them are FAB1&2(F**k all bunnies:Troy is
number1 and Virgil is 2). The lady rabbits love them. Harvey? is that a
sherry, or a Bristol cream. Parker would know. Ask Lady Penelope about
Parker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_(film)
... a middle-aged, amiable (and somewhat eccentric) individual whose
best friend is an invisible 6' 3.5" tall rabbit named Harvey.

weird

lol, well this *is* Martin you know g

I'm old enough to remember crappy films like this

Well it did save you doe as it didn't cost a buck to bet in to see it.
Old 29-10-2012, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-10-29 14:38:31 +0000, "Ophelia" said:

"Baz" wrote in message

[...]

Peter disobeys his mother's orders and sneaks into Mr. McGregor's
garden, eating as many vegetables as he can before Mr. McGregor spots
him and chases him about. Peter manages to escape, but not before losing
his jacket and shoes, which Mr. McGregor uses to dress a scarecrow.
Peter returns home weary and ill and is put to bed with a dose of
chamomile tea.

Old 29-10-2012, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/10/2012 17:41, David Hill wrote:
On 29/10/2012 15:16, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:39:34 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

[...]

Or even to GET in to see it.

Old 29-10-2012, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 29/10/2012 15:16, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:39:34 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

[...]

Hahaha

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Peter disobeys his mother's orders and sneaks into Mr. McGregor's garden,
eating as many vegetables as he can before Mr. McGregor spots him and
chases him about. Peter manages to escape, but not before losing his
jacket and shoes, which Mr. McGregor uses to dress a scarecrow. Peter
returns home weary and ill and is put to bed with a dose of chamomile tea.

lol

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 29-10-2012, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Baz
writes
Harvey? is that a
sherry, or a Bristol cream. Parker would know. Ask Lady Penelope about
Parker.

Baz

Really Baz? You've never seen the film with James Stewart or am i
thinking of Mr Deeds goes to town? Anyway he thinks he has a huge white
rabbit as a companion. Mr Mcgregor was of course the enemy of Peter
rabbit
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 30-10-2012, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

When I kept them they were in hutches in an old chicken shed which was
arouns 8ft x 6ft and 6ft high, they could then go out into the old
chicken run which was arouds 20ft square.
Looks as if the breed favoured now is the Newzeland White at £10 or so
each. Do remember thast you have to be able to kill the young when
ready for the table and to skin and clean them.
It helps to have a freezer so that when a batch are ready tou can kill
them all at the same time, remember each week that they are feeding
the more they are costing.
This link is worth reading
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6803894_ra...ts-profit.html
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

Thanks, David.
I have found that I can't kill a rabbit and eat it.
That is the end of that idea I had.

Baz
Old 30-10-2012, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message

Thanks, David.
I have found that I can't kill a rabbit and eat it.
That is the end of that idea I had.

I had started to ask that very question, but deleted it. I can't do that
either but D can and will - very humanly. When he shoots he cleans the kill
in the field and leaves the skin and guts for other animals. I get
presented with a bloody carcass in a poly bag. I certainly understand your
point.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/