Old 24-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Ophelia

Default Neighbour Trouble

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
news:bsagjc$a28

Sacha, I admire your knowledge of gardening matters. I mean it.
Please stick to posting *only* on such topics, because you have not one
ounce of humour and should therefore steer well clear of admonishing poor
simple minded folk like us..
Please let us idiots amuse ourselves by posting trivial off- topic

thoughts
in the off-season.
You don't actually have to read those trivial posts.

Have a happy new year

A Very Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year to you too Franz

O xx

Old 24-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Judith Lea

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
Sacha, I admire your knowledge of gardening matters. I mean it.
Please stick to posting *only* on such topics, because you have not one
ounce of humour and should therefore steer well clear of admonishing poor
simple minded folk like us..

Franz, I disagree with you, you obviously don't know Sacha or not read
many of her posts; she has a warm and sunny personality. However, like
some of us she gets fed up with the childish repartee of some posters
and as a long time urgler, she has a vested interest, as most of us do,
to try and keep broadly to gardening matters. Naturally we all have a
joke over the urg garden fence from time to time, but just recently some
posters are really going too far with their comments.

Please let us idiots amuse ourselves by posting trivial off- topic thoughts
in the off-season.

The odd trivial amusing comments are certainly entertaining but the
volume of one liners - purporting to be witty - are tedious.

You don't actually have to read those trivial posts.

I agree with you there, but we have to pay to download them and
therefore have the right to express displeasure.

Knowing Sacha, she will communicate with anybody who can hold a
reasonable discussion but I doubt you will find her responding now to
the childish tit for tat of some posters.

--
Judith Lea
Old 24-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
Your mistake; Sacha has been contributing to urg for very many years.
Both she and urg have a long reputation for being polite on-topic and
patient most of the time.

And . . . has hostessed two super meets . . . with open invitations to
all urglers . . . no discrimination what so ever.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 24-12-2003, 02:43 PM
martin

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:35:43 GMT, Janet Baraclough
Old Mother Shipton knitted her brow and
wrote in bats blood:

Prophecy for 2004;

M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening. O
joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to recruit
more salespersons.

I can just visualise you and Sacha on broomsticks :-)

Have a nice Christmas and don't fall off!
--
Martin
Old 24-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Hey! you'll be treading on Anne J's toes if you're not careful.

Who? Anyway I have been playing with that for years)

Anne posts in here from time to time, and has been doing so for a good
five years, I'd guestimate.

She *MAY* have been posting here before me, (in another spamcarnation)
and I've been here on and off for about six or seven years.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Old 24-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Franz Heymann

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes
Sacha, I admire your knowledge of gardening matters. I mean it.
Please stick to posting *only* on such topics, because you have not one
ounce of humour and should therefore steer well clear of admonishing poor
simple minded folk like us..

Franz, I disagree with you,

Do I then take it that you don't admire Sacha's knowledge of gardening
matters? That dismays me intensely, because I do.

you obviously don't know Sacha or not read
many of her posts; she has a warm and sunny personality. However, like
some of us she gets fed up with the childish repartee of some posters
and as a long time urgler, she has a vested interest, as most of us do,
to try and keep broadly to gardening matters.

The number of frivolous contributions do not subtract one jot from the
total number of dedicated contributions. They simply make the total number
of messages per day somewhat larger.

The total number of messages per day is not at all outrageous, in
comparison with my other ng, namely sci.physics, which handles something
like 300 or 400 messages per day.

Lastly, there is absolutely no obligation to read the frivolous messages.
They may be blocked, deleted or marked as read without wasting time reading
them.

Naturally we all have a
joke over the urg garden fence from time to time, but just recently some
posters are really going too far with their comments.

Who is to decide what is far? Are you perhaps too near? Please remember
that mother nature provided you with two ears. One of these you may use for
letting the "too far" stuff escape.
(Oh, dear. I forgot. One does not use the ears for aquiring information
from urg.)

Please let us idiots amuse ourselves by posting trivial off- topic

thoughts
in the off-season.

The odd trivial amusing comments are certainly entertaining but the
volume of one liners - purporting to be witty - are tedious.

You don't actually have to read those trivial posts.

I agree with you there, but we have to pay to download them and
therefore have the right to express displeasure.

I have pointed out in another post that the price per typical letter is
around ten to hundred of micropence, so that financial considerations are
utterly negligible. Would you like an arrangement with each of the
frivolous posters to send you say, a penny per year to defray your
downloading costs?

Knowing Sacha, she will communicate with anybody who can hold a
reasonable discussion but I doubt you will find her responding now to
the childish tit for tat of some posters.

Nobody expects that she should if she does not feel like doing so.
I repeat what I said earlier. I have the highest regard for Sacha's
comments on gardening matters. She does genuinely appear to have an
enormous font of knowledge and experience to tap. I am only asking her to
please simply take no notice of those of us who are affliicted with an
overdose
of levity.

Franz

Old 24-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Ophelia

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Hey! you'll be treading on Anne J's toes if you're not careful.

Who? Anyway I have been playing with that for years)

Anne posts in here from time to time, and has been doing so for a good
five years, I'd guestimate.

She *MAY* have been posting here before me, (in another spamcarnation)
and I've been here on and off for about six or seven years.

OK I have been here for a couple of years but I can't say I have seen
her

Old 24-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "K" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

: Urg has been here before, Sacha. It seems to be an infectious disease
: caught in killfiles.
:
: Prophecy for 2004;
:
: M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
: re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening. O
: joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to recruit
: more salespersons.
:
: Janet.
:
I'm not quite sure which 'M' you are referring to here, Janet :O))

panto

Oh yes you are :-)

Janet.

Old 24-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening. O
joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to recruit
more salespersons.

When I was an anklebiter in the 'forties the Kleeneezee Man was a portly
little rubicund fellow with a trilby who did his rounds on a tricycle
with a big box on the front - like an ice-cream thingy of the time.

Urg's erstwhile Kleeneze-rep is a portly little chap with no teeth who
was fond of boasting about his vehicle, so it could be the same one.

Janet.
Old 24-12-2003, 11:04 PM
martin

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:22 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

: Prophecy for 2004;
:
: M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
: re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening. O
: joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to recruit
: more salespersons.
:
: Janet.
:
I'm not quite sure which 'M' you are referring to here, Janet :O))

panto

Oh yes you are :-)

panto
muffled sound from the back legs of the horse
oh yes I am.
--
Martin

Old 24-12-2003, 11:04 PM
martin

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:34 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

When I was an anklebiter in the 'forties the Kleeneezee Man was a portly
little rubicund fellow with a trilby who did his rounds on a tricycle
with a big box on the front - like an ice-cream thingy of the time.

Urg's erstwhile Kleeneze-rep is a portly little chap with no teeth who
was fond of boasting about his vehicle, so it could be the same one.

When I was a kid we had to make do with a one legged Breton onion
seller on a bicycle.
--
Martin
Old 24-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Ophelia

wrote:

When I was an anklebiter in the 'forties the Kleeneezee Man was a

portly
little rubicund fellow with a trilby who did his rounds on a tricycle
with a big box on the front - like an ice-cream thingy of the time.

Urg's erstwhile Kleeneze-rep is a portly little chap with no teeth who
was fond of boasting about his vehicle, so it could be the same one.

When I was a kid we had to make do with a one legged Breton onion
seller on a bicycle.

sigh.. I used to dream of a one legged Breton onion sellar on a bicycle

Old 24-12-2003, 11:04 PM
Ophelia

"martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:22 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

: Prophecy for 2004;
:
: M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
: re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening.

: joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to

recruit
: more salespersons.
:
: Janet.
:
I'm not quite sure which 'M' you are referring to here, Janet :O))

panto

Oh yes you are :-)

panto
muffled sound from the back legs of the horse
oh yes I am.

He is behinddddddddddddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Old 24-12-2003, 11:42 PM
David Hill

muffled sound from the back legs of the horse
oh yes I am.

He is behinddddddddddddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

No love.......he IS the behind.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 25-12-2003, 02:32 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:
The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

M starts an off-shore travel agency and uses urg to advertise
re-unions and cruises for urglers who aren't interested in gardening. O
joins Kleeneze, sells a record number of brooms, and uses urg to recruit
more salespersons.

When I was an anklebiter in the 'forties the Kleeneezee Man was a portly
little rubicund fellow with a trilby who did his rounds on a tricycle
with a big box on the front - like an ice-cream thingy of the time.

Urg's erstwhile Kleeneze-rep is a portly little chap with no teeth who
was fond of boasting about his vehicle, so it could be the same one.

I very much doubt it: he must have been in his late fifties in the mid
to late nineteen forties.