Old 25-12-2003, 03:02 PM
martin

Default Neighbour Trouble

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:22:08 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
muffled sound from the back legs of the horse
oh yes I am.

He is behinddddddddddddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

No love.......he IS the behind.

LOL.... Happy Christmas btw)

I am behind you and loving every minute of Xmas.
--
Martin
Old 25-12-2003, 03:12 PM
martin

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 11:30:39 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these words:

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:

Hey! you'll be treading on Anne J's toes if you're not careful.

Who? Anyway I have been playing with that for years)

Anne posts in here from time to time, and has been doing so for a good
five years, I'd guestimate.

She *MAY* have been posting here before me, (in another spamcarnation)
and I've been here on and off for about six or seven years.

I think longer than five years, but who's counting? G

Mainly lurking these days, 'cos I'm too busy out there ......
selling Kleeneze, would you believe! ;-)

LOL. Thank you for lifting the mood Anne A very Merry Christmas to you
and yours

Get on with making the brew there are fertility spells needing to be
cast.
--
Martin
Old 25-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Mary Fisher

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

Silly season innit! We've got to do *something* when we can't garden!

I was in the greenhouse this morning, picking thyme for the duck.

It all looked a little empty ...

Still, the days are lengthening, should be able to sow something soon.

Mary

--
Anne
/\

Old 26-12-2003, 03:13 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

Your mistake; Sacha has been contributing to urg for very many years.
Both she and urg have a long reputation for being polite on-topic and
patient most of the time.

Were you here when Sacha first wandered in? I was! Can you remember
the many off-topic conversations that took place then? I can!

Nobody has suggested off-topic posts/threads are new, and of course we
all do it sometimes; but imho in earlier days most OT posting was more
succinct and considerate. Lately, the number and sheer size of unedited
OT exchanges is becoming disproportionate to the group's gardening
content and as others have said, that's detrimental to the group.

Janet

Old 26-12-2003, 09:42 AM
John

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 02:31:20 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

[...]

Then stop your off topic bullshit and talk some gardening.

Nick Maclaren

sss
--
Questo messaggio e' stato inoltrato automaticamente
da un paio di anonymous remailer. Il mittente originale

Old 26-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Franz Heymann

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these

words:

Your mistake; Sacha has been contributing to urg for very many years.
Both she and urg have a long reputation for being polite on-topic and
patient most of the time.

Were you here when Sacha first wandered in? I was! Can you remember
the many off-topic conversations that took place then? I can!

Nobody has suggested off-topic posts/threads are new, and of course we
all do it sometimes; but imho in earlier days most OT posting was more
succinct and considerate. Lately, the number and sheer size of unedited
OT exchanges is becoming disproportionate to the group's gardening
content and as others have said, that's detrimental to the group.

The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening activities in
midwinter.

Franz

Old 26-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening activities in
midwinter.

What!? ... and just as the chiltern catalogue has arrived!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 26-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Franz Heymann

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes
The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening activities

in
midwinter.

What!? ... and just as the chiltern catalogue has arrived!

Touche
I forgot to tell you: I now have three thriving patches of helxine due to
your kindness

Franz

Old 26-12-2003, 04:12 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening activities in
midwinter.

What!? ... and just as the chiltern catalogue has arrived!

IRTA 'children catalogue'.....

.....and thought - 'does not compute'.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 26-12-2003, 04:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
Kay Easton26/12/03 11:18

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening
activities in
midwinter.

What!? ... and just as the chiltern catalogue has arrived!

And we've just ordered our tomato seeds - rather late! Ditto planting the
tulips but at least they're in - I had a lovely time with van Tubergen's
catalogue earlier this year.
Some of us live in parts of the country where, in dry weather, it's possible
to garden all the year round. We're still digging up borders and
re-planting or re-planning them down here but not today, which is vile!

Did a bit of weeding and uncovered some small self-set violas still in
flower. Removed straggle of nasturtium plants and noticed some rooted
nodes which seem to have escaped the frost. Shall I? I saved a lot of
seed - is it worth potting some of those nodes, I wonder?

The last rose has shed its petals but the mahonia is just beginning to
burst, and soon will add its scent to that of the winter-flowering
viburnum. Next year *I* will get the Oregon grapes, not the damned
blackbirds.

Aconites are raising their warm, golden, virulent faces.....

--
Rusty Hinge

Old 26-12-2003, 04:32 PM
seven

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from Kay Easton contains these words:
In article , Franz Heymann
writes

The most probabe reason is the lack of interesting gardening activities

in
midwinter.

What!? ... and just as the chiltern catalogue has arrived!

IRTA 'children catalogue'.....

....and thought - 'does not compute'.

lol, so I am not the only one, I did the very same!

)