Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 PM
martin

Default Does it realy fox the fox?

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:28:38 +0000, Howard Neil
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Howard Neil" wrote in message

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

everyone seems to prefer pellets as they are easier to use.

But our hens won't eat them. Picky or what!

Mary

Sounds like a case of like mother, like hen. :-)

Clucking mad? :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad
Old 12-02-2004, 11:35 PM
Howard Neil

wrote:

Sounds like a case of like mother, like hen. :-)

Clucking mad? :-)

:-) You'll be sorry. :-)
--
Howard Neil

Old 13-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Mary Fisher

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

everyone seems to prefer pellets as they are easier to use.

But our hens won't eat them. Picky or what!

Mary

Sounds like a case of like mother, like hen. :-)

Perhaps so, I certainly wouldn't eat them.

Would you?

Mary

--
Howard Neil

Old 13-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Howard Neil contains these words:

The mash was made from cooked potato/vegetable peelings, dry breadcrumbs
and balancer meal, and IIRC, dried blood, though that might have been
for the garden. Can't remember.

I now have a better idea of what you are referring to.

There are two foods which are made to help balance the diet of laying
hens. One is layers mash (which is the one I think you are referring to)
and the other is layers pellets.

I know about layers' mash and pellets - but balancer meal was very high
in fishmeal, and you didn't use much of it in a mash.

If I had broadband I could attach a few sacks of layers' mash for you as
we have it here in East Angular......

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 13-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Howard Neil contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Being in the garden of a semi-detached bungalow and since the garden was
all used for ordinary gardeney things, they couldn't be free-range. You
can inspect the pen(itentiary)s at:
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/marlbrgh.jpg

If I'd known you were likely to be looking I would have stepped to
one side.

You are much younger than I imagined. :-)

A lot of people make that mistake.

Old 13-02-2004, 02:05 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

If I'd known you were likely to be looking I would have stepped to one

side.

all I could see was a nice looking young man. What happened?

Life. Life? Don't talk to me about Life! All the diodes down my left
side.......

Old 13-02-2004, 02:11 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Ophelia" contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from martin contains these words:

I saw daffodils that are about to flower in Leiden.

I've got daffodils in bloom in Bunwell.

Nyaa-nyaaaa-nyeee-nyaaaa-nyaaaaaaaaaaa!

.... and we have flippin' nuffin' in my bit of Scotland

Any bog myrtle lying around on the muir?

Not realy OT Dave Hill United Kingdom 0 15-03-2012 09:13 PM
Do leaf blowers/vacs realy work? davout United Kingdom 9 22-10-2005 12:43 AM
open letter to all perma-culturists who realy care - back 2 grass roots len gardener Permaculture 49 12-12-2004 06:08 PM
A diploma yuppy speaks... open letter to all perma-culturists who realy care - back 2 grass Janet Baraclough.. Permaculture 0 12-07-2004 12:02 PM
Urban fox hedgehog United Kingdom 5 18-03-2003 05:20 PM