Old 22-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Perhaps and most likely you did but living in this land of such dumbwits
like George Bush has somewhat slowed down my absorption rate....thanks for
the reminders....must do a spot of shopping to outfit myself when I go a
visiting to see the new Archbishop of York..

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like a
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

and perhaps various locals in
London....what type of colorful dress would you advise for such an
occasion?..+

Well, for visiting His Grace, I'd suggest sackcloth and ashes at the
very least. As for other dignitaries, your other outfits should suffice,
so long as you remember where you are and which day of the week it is.

seeing that I will be travelling on the UK trains do Ineed a
pair of white silk gloves for handshaking.......H

Oh no - all passengers are disinfected before embarking.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 22-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Well, for visiting His Grace, I'd suggest sackcloth and ashes at the
very least. ////////////will an old spud sack do for the sackcloth....just
cut a hole in the bottom and stick it ove r my head.

Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Perhaps one more work of advise...am picking up steam on my three speed
Sturmey Archer Raleigh bike.....do I need a helmet these days....would hate
to break the law again over there...last time I did got fined 35 quid and
that was back in 1955...was caught poaching with about 25 grouse in the
car....received the fine in the post the very day I sailed for the USA.....H

Old 22-06-2005, 02:55 PM
newsb

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like a
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

And today brings news of the death of Cardinal Sin - an absolutely
fantastic name.

--
regards andyw
Old 22-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Harold Walker

"newsb" wrote in message
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like a
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

Lets hope the 'Evangelical crap" over here does not take over there.....H

Old 22-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

Perhaps one more work of advise...am picking up steam on my three speed
Sturmey Archer Raleigh bike.....do I need a helmet these days....would hate
to break the law again over there...last time I did got fined 35 quid and
that was back in 1955...was caught poaching with about 25 grouse in the
car....received the fine in the post the very day I sailed for the
USA.....H

Helmets are not compulsory, though you may find no-one will speak to you
if you don't wear one. Also, it is de rigeur to wear at least one
reflective bandolier and to have flickering bright LED lights fore and
aft, and another on the back of your (reflective belt.

A GRP or carbon fibre whip is expected, and this should have a flag
proclaiming National Road safety Week on top.

I shall be watching out for you, BTW. While we don't have grice down
here, we have plenty of peasants and cartridges on the jolly old estate,
what?

HTH

Old 22-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from newsb contains these words:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like a
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

And today brings news of the death of Cardinal Sin - an absolutely
fantastic name.

The world will be a poorer place...

Old 22-06-2005, 08:45 PM
June Hughes

In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from newsb contains these words:
In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like a
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

And today brings news of the death of Cardinal Sin - an absolutely
fantastic name.

The world will be a poorer place...

I tried mailing you but my mail bounced, so I am having to resort to
posting. Here goes:

You are really enjoying this thread, aren't you? Well, I have to tell
you that I am also enjoying it. Not much about gardening there but lots
of humour. Just what we need at present. Thanks. Carry on the good
work
--
June Hughes

Old 22-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Harold Walker

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...

Helmets are not compulsory, though you may find no-one will speak to you
if you don't wear one. Also, it is de rigeur to wear at least one
reflective bandolier and to have flickering bright LED lights fore and
aft, and another on the back of your (reflective belt.

A GRP or carbon fibre whip is expected, and this should have a flag
proclaiming National Road safety Week on top.

I shall be watching out for you, BTW. While we don't have grice down
here, we have plenty of peasants and cartridges on the jolly old estate,
what?

HTH///////////////oh dear me....think I will stick to Shank's pony
instead......H

Old 22-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Harold Walker

Ah yes, a good man, and from what little I know of him, he sounds like
breath of fresh air. The 'Evangelical' bit worries me a little, though,
and I hope (not Hope) it won't be reflected in the content of Choral
Evensong...

And today brings news of the death of Cardinal Sin - an absolutely
fantastic name.

The world will be a poorer place...

I tried mailing you but my mail bounced, so I am having to resort to
posting. Here goes:

You are really enjoying this thread, aren't you? Well, I have to tell you
that I am also enjoying it. Not much about gardening there but lots of
humour. Just what we need at present. Thanks. Carry on the good work
--
June Hughes/////////at least there was a little about gardening in one of
the later posts...I wondered if a potato sack would do when I visit the

Old 22-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

I tried mailing you but my mail bounced,

The key's in the sig, but I think it needs a bit of de-crosswording...

How's this?

Old 22-06-2005, 10:41 PM
June Hughes

In message , Harold Walker
writes

[...]

No probs there then
--
June Hughes
Old 22-06-2005, 11:40 PM
June Hughes

In message , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

I tried mailing you but my mail bounced,

The key's in the sig, but I think it needs a bit of de-crosswording...

How's this?

I thought I had taken the relevant bits out but probably my typing was
naff. Sorry
--
June Hughes
Old 23-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Harold Walker" contains these words:

/////////at least there was a little about gardening in one of
the later posts...I wondered if a potato sack would do when I visit the
Archbishop of York....suspect that meeting will be a little
different than
when the Archbishop of York, Dr. Temple, laid his hands upon my
head...the
halo went away very quickly tho...surely that comes under the heading of
something to do with gardening.....the potato sack that is....H

Something's the matter with your newsreader - it's putting in quotation
chevrons on your original text - where there is any.

You'd better bring your sack with you, as potato sacks over here are
molished from multi-layered brown paper, and not *QUITE* the thing for a
visit to an archbishop. After all, the ashes don't get to work their way
in and mortify the flesh.

And of course, His Grace's carpet.

Old 23-06-2005, 08:55 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

I thought I had taken the relevant bits out but probably my typing was
naff. Sorry

You probably left the 'foobar' there.