Old 30-08-2008, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Ironite Questions?

Jangchub said:

You're doing nothing wrong Steve. You are caught in the troll trap
called Marie Dodge.

Googling the posting history...scanning the group list...the number
of postings...

Yeah.

After enlightenment, the laundry.

Old 30-08-2008, 07:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

It's a shame that you don't understand the consequences of your actions
or that it's not just your environment that you are degrading.

What has that 10 yr. old article got to do with Ironite? It's not even
mentioned.

For those of you who understand English, I recommend
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=120#

njaes.rutgers.edu/pubs/soilprofile/sp-v16.pdf

http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/lrpcd/wm/projects/135367.htm
--

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.

This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around
since 2006
when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing
harmful in Ironite products today.

As for the greensand, kelp and fish ferts as organic or alternatives? I'm
betting no anyone here has actually compared the arsenic and lead levels in
these various alternative products to the levels in the Ironite products
presently on the market today. If so, please show the reference with
date. If referencing a lawsuit, please show the actual outcome, not the
news release.

Gunner

Old 30-08-2008, 07:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.

This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around
since 2006
when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing
harmful in Ironite products today.

Two years out of date? Get Real. What do yo want the last six days?

Bill

Read it and weep.

This from a bush EPA. Yikes.

Release of Heavy Metals from Ironite®
Ironite® is a common fertilizer made from mine tailings available at any
lawn and garden store. The presence of heavy metals in Ironite® has
resulted in its banning in Canada and lawsuits in the United States due
to the potential release of heavy metals, most notably arsenic and lead.
Bioavailable arsenic released from Ironite® is dependent on its
mineralogical form. Previous work sponsored by the producer of Ironite®
identified the arsenic bearing phase as arsenopyrite with the conclusion
that arsenic in that form does not pose an ecological threat. However, a
closer look with EXAFS has identified the arsenic phase within Ironite®
as scorodite-like. Scorodite is more soluble than arsenopyrite, in fact,
the dissolved arsenic released from scorodite can exceed the US drinking
water standard. In addition to the data collected at Argonne National
Labs in February 2005 that identified arsenate sorbed to iron oxides as
the dominant arsenic bearing phase, secondary identification techniques
are currently being used to confirm this finding such as
thermogravimetric analysis and Mössbauer spectroscopy.
Contacts:
Kirk Scheckel, 513/487-2865
Aaron Williams, 513/487-2878
Christopher Impelliteri, 513/487-2872
Thabet Tolaymat, 513/487-2860
James Ryan, 513/569-7653
(EIMS#135367)

Mine waste Good radioactive waste better. Spoken goatlike.
Sheesh...

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Old 30-08-2008, 09:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:31:57 -0700, "gunner"
wrote:

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.

This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around
since 2006
when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing
harmful in Ironite products today.

As for the greensand, kelp and fish ferts as organic or alternatives? I'm
betting no anyone here has actually compared the arsenic and lead levels
in
these various alternative products to the levels in the Ironite products
presently on the market today. If so, please show the reference with
date. If referencing a lawsuit, please show the actual outcome, not the
news release.

Gunner

There have been several citations posted here. Now, since you are
challenging them all, please provide information which says since the
brand was sold, the ingredients changed. Please prove yourself.

As for arsenic levels found in greensand; not bloody likely.

The point here is not ONLY the overuse or misuse of Ironite, it is
information which is currently informing people who garden that it is
more than just a plant and a synthetic fertilizer which will sustain
health in plants. The proof is in the pudding. Not some, but all
people I know who garden organically, not using any pesticides at all
of any nature, have virtually no insect infestations. Rather, they
have a more balanced situation where some pests are there and
tolerated until their predators are allowed to catch up. Eventually,
there are enough beneficial insects to dispel infestations.

Insects like green lacewings, ladybeetles and other insects while in
larval phase are vorascious eaters of spider mites, aphids, and most
other pest insects.

Do your own research, don't blindly believe me. But do give me proof
the brand, after being sold no longer poses a threat.
http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Security is not what I have, it's what I can do without,,,

Any money bets from either of you Two?

Old 31-08-2008, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

It's a shame that you don't understand the consequences of your actions
or that it's not just your environment that you are degrading.

What has that 10 yr. old article got to do with Ironite? It's not even
mentioned.

For those of you who understand English, I recommend
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=120#

njaes.rutgers.edu/pubs/soilprofile/sp-v16.pdf

http://www.epa.gov/nrmrl/lrpcd/wm/projects/135367.htm
--

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.

This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around
since 2006
when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing
harmful in Ironite products today.

snip

Citation please.

Gunner

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 31-08-2008, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

wrote:

It is outdated information and this is a dead horse you guys are beating.

This mine waste product everyone continues to disparge hasn't been around
since 2006
when the brand was sold and the ingredients changed. There is nothing
harmful in Ironite products today.

snip

Any money bets from either of you Two?

Don't be an Arsch. Can you confirm your statement or not?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 31-08-2008, 02:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Billy, both you and Jangchub stated only a few days ago that you had both
killfiled this troll.

It seems both of you are still reading her. I wonder why you'd bother?

She's a waste of your time and energy.

Old 31-08-2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

"gunner" wrote in message
access...

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message

Ironite is being sold by Central Garden and Pet of Walnut Grove CA who
acquired the Ironite Name brand in 2006:
http://tinyurl.com/6ldbxb

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...4/ai_n26835785

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....6690&highlight

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2006/08/.../Section10.asp

the SEC filings list some of the subsidiaries such as GrowTec and Lilly
Miller which also distribute Ironite today.

Jan chub, to address your retort to my statement about arsenic in greensand
as "not bloody likely". I'm afraid so.

You can believe these or not but do some actual research on some of the
other States that now also test and have these Ironite products on their
approved list:

The Ferettel Co.'s (PA) Greensand 0-0-3 was 5.8 ppm and 30 ppm of
arsenic/lead respectively,

GRO TEC's (GA) product IRONITE PLUS 7-6-6 was 0.001ppm /0.7 ppm
arsenic/lead respectively,

GRO TEC's 1-0-1 product was 5.5509ppm /0.1ppm arsenic/lead respectively,

ALASKA FISH FERTILIZER CO , Portland, OR ALASKA DRY PURE FISH FERTILIZER
8-5-1 W-Y was Arsenic: 9.3, Lead: 4.6 ( note this is also a sub of Central
Garden and Pet)

AGROWCHEM INC KINGSTON ONT CN KELP EXTRACT POWDER 1-0-19
Arsenic: 28.6, Lead: 1

WEST COAST MARINE BIO-PROCESSING Company, BC CN
Arsenic: 10, Lead: .02

Source: http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilize...ctDatabase.htm
approved product list for sale in WA State.

Even Dr Scheckel from the EPA news brief you both keep referencing stated
he believes that they changed their formula when he sent me a copy of the
actual study to review.

Spoken goatlike.

I hope your doctor can fix that for ya, Billy.

Yes, I was wondering about the killfile also

Old 31-08-2008, 04:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article ss,
"gunner" wrote:

Spoken goatlike.

I'm sorry. Am I too Gruff for you ;O)

I hope your doctor can fix that for ya, Billy.

And I hope you find better games to play. If you think you know
something, give a citation.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 31-08-2008, 04:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

In article
,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

In article ,
"Marie Dodge" wrote:

Billy, both you and Jangchub stated only a few days ago that you had both
killfiled this troll.

It seems both of you are still reading her. I wonder why you'd bother?

She's a waste of your time and energy.

Technical malfunction:O) I emphatically agree with your conclusion and
all I can say in my defense is that I didn't address myself to her (?).
Actually there seems to be several trolls in this group, using different
names but that isn't beyond the abilities of a single tweaker.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 15-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered User

Garden center General to order a certain amount of products, so they
Not for a tray of green sand, and if they do not like there is a market for it in their area. I have a very difficult time to get organic products, because my favorite nursery owners retire.
__________________
Pond Supplies
Old 15-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered User

I agree, it is more likely that magnesium deficiency with nitrogen deficiencies, as the summer wore on and the soil becomes dry. Magnesium is required for iron absorption. But piled on the Ironite, at least you can be found, close your eyes, you will feel better, you are doing things.
Pond Supplies

[IMG] code is On

Ironite Questions? Marie Dodge Edible Gardening 225 11-09-2008 05:10 PM
Soils and adding IRONITE madgardener Gardening 17 09-06-2004 05:26 AM
Soils and adding IRONITE madgardener Gardening 3 04-05-2004 03:03 PM
Ironite J Kolenovsky Gardening 7 09-12-2003 11:03 PM
Ironite on lawn? Ron Lawns 1 09-06-2003 05:08 AM