Old 15-06-2014, 06:50 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Green potatoes

On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:23:54 -0700, Todd wrote:

I hate lamb from the supermarket. I wonder if I would
like his. He said he couldn't keep up with demand.
Which is what happens when food tastes good.

-T

Sounds like you have never had any of the good stuff. My local
supermarkets have good lamb. I like goat and venison and feral pig as
well.

?-)

Old 15-06-2014, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/14/2014 09:49 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:14:23 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/12/2014 07:27 AM, Drew Lawson wrote:
Sure, they could switch crops, but lacking a mandate why would they?
People like wheat. People will buy wheat. The farmers could switch
over to amaranth and probably get a good yield. And the market
will say, "What's this shit?" Then go to the next farmer and buy
wheat.

Hi Drew,

Excellent point. You are entirely correct.

I say let the market dictate what we buy. We
vote with our dollar for who we want to succeed.

Market?

The free and open exchange of good and services
between consenting parties

As more and more of us get Diabetes, the demand
will shift. Your odds are now one out of six
you will get diabetes -- perhaps one out of three
in the near future.

Also, the diet industry has discovered that
carbs are what makes you fat. (You **** and
blow out excess keytones [fat]. They are use
or lose.)

Nonsense.

All vertebrates store excess food as FAT (hydrocarbon chains).

True.

Including intake of fats.

Not necessarily. The diet industry has caught on
to this, which is way all the low carb diets (south
beach, akins, etc.). (I almost said South Park. Chuckle)

It is called the Krebs or citric acid cycle. What you
don't use, you pee or blow off. You smell like
a fruit salad -- smell pretty good too (I did).

By the way, you can eat zero carbs and still have
high blood sugar. (My overly friendly liver keeps
me in more blood sugar than I care for. Makes
it from fat.) That is probably where the fat comes
from that you are thinking about. All it takes is a
little bit of stress and up your blood sugar goes
(your liver thinks you are running for your life).

So, the market will eventually do its magic. There
will be a lot of kicking and screaming though.

There has to be a market for this to happen.

True. Enough folks get Celiac or T2 Diabetes, and
one will develop. I have no trouble finding food
I can eat.

"Healthy carbs", my ass. You should see the crap
those scoundrel's at the American Diabetes Association
wants you to eat -- you'd be diabetic forever!

Carbs are so addictive that I know of one diabetic
man who killed himself rather than stop eating
them. He was eventually crippled to the point
were his wife had to give him his insulin
injections.

Ummm. They are in the business of selling insulin?

You mean the ADA? If so, no. They are in the business of
selling services for diabetics. The condition goes away,
they go away. They always have their hands outstretched for
money too. They have a self interest in treating, not curing.

The Allopathic community also has a self interest in treat
not curing. Another word for Diabetic is "cash cow".

If you go to http://www.diabetes-warrior.net, you can get
everything you need to know about healing yourself. This
information was withheld from me. "Here, take these drugs".

My opinion, every Diabetic drug will eventually end its
life cycle in a class action suit. I will love it when I
get my letter on Metformin. Hate the s***. I will sign
up for that suit, even if I only get $2.00 out of it.

I know of another man who has lost both his legs, both
his kidneys (he is on the transplant list), has had
a major heart attack, is on oxygen, and who know what
else. He won't stop eating carbs.

OK so what else is there to eat? Fiber? Rocks? Meat? All have their
drawbacks.

Natural things (no test tube food). Here is a really
good description:

http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/a-me...itional-chart/

In this order: proteins, eggs, cheese, fats, oils, fibrous
veggies, nuts, fibrous fruits.

In other words, don't eat anything that has been artificially
hybridized for carbs. And, you have to cook it yourself.
Remember when Grandma use to cook up a bunch of food for
the week and stuff it in the freezer? Well, that is your new
fast food. (She didn't have a microwave.)

And, you can eat a hamburger out. In-and-out have a "protein
style" burger (no bread) that you can get with mustard
instead of spread. I go for triples and quads. They
are really good. (Bear in mind I can now taste my food again.)

In order: 1) grow it or catch it yourself, 2) local organic
farms, 3) production organic farms, 4) conventional.
Just approximate; don't obsess.

The grow it yourself thing is why I am trying to learn
to garden.

Amaranth is still a grain by the way. Feed all the
the grain producing plants (the whole plant) to
cows. I will eat the cows.

I prefer grass fed thank you, it is their natural food.

1+

Grain fed gives them ulcers. We are not support to eat
sick animals. That is what vultures and ants are for.

By the way, wheat is a grass. Feed the whole plant
to the cows and you have grass fed. Even better yet,
feed the grains to chickens and the stocks to cows.
I will eat them both! Bring on the rosemary!

When I first got T2, I fretted that I would not have
anything left I could eat. I learned that was definitely
not the case. I set out to teach myself to cook. I
now eat more variety and better food now than I have ever
eaten in my life. One of the things I had to get past
was trying to duplicate the high carbs things I use to
like.

Here is the thing about cooking and carbs. Carbs
have little or not taste and are simply carriers for
other flavors. Once you get past that, it starts getting
easy. Well, when you stop burning butter, eggplant,
eggs. Of goodness gracious, eggplant STINKS up the
house when you burn it! (Rosemary goes really great
on chicken, by the way.)

And, from comments I have read on the Paleo
cooking group, when you switch kids over to Paleo,
they hardly even notice. The food is really good!

-T
Old 15-06-2014, 07:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/14/2014 10:50 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2014 13:23:54 -0700, Todd wrote:

I hate lamb from the supermarket. I wonder if I would
like his. He said he couldn't keep up with demand.
Which is what happens when food tastes good.

-T

Sounds like you have never had any of the good stuff. My local
supermarkets have good lamb. I like goat and venison and feral pig as
well.

?-)

Hi Josephkk,

I think you are correct. I can smell the scat (polite
farmer talk for livestock s***) on the pork I get
from the supermarket. Dry as hell too. Really gross.

Saw a documentary on a guy who raises organic apples
(way to high carb for me). He runs pigs through the
orchard to dispose of all the fallen apples. Plows
the scat under for fertilizer. The full circle thing.
He has a waiting line for his pork. I want some of
that pork!

Goodness gracious, I wonder what they are doing to
the lamb at the supermarket? YUK! tastes like a cross
between pork and venison.

If we ever get a Whole Food or similar down here I will
get more adventurous!

I don't know if you have seen my other rantings, but I
think that people don't like produce because it tastes
like scat (polite Todd Speak for "crap"). They need to
try some home grown or local grown. I have to discipline
myself to stop eating the stuff!

-T

Old 15-06-2014, 08:23 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/14/2014 07:27 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

http://queasytraveler.com/ginger.php

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...205-X/abstract

[...more about ginger]

Thanks, Todd -- I've tried ginger, wrist bands, marezine (I don't take dramamine), & on & on.

Guess I'm just one of those folks who didn't get the standard issue semi-circular canals in the ear.

But in the context of my otherwise blinding perfection,'tis a small thang.g

HB

¡Ay, caramba! That sucks. Ginger works really well on me.
Old 22-06-2014, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:18:20 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/14/2014 06:53 PM, josephkk wrote:
Todd, log what you eat for a week and post it.

Hi Joesphkk,

That would be a major undertaking. I will if
you are hurt (T2 Diabetes) and you think it would
help you. Basically I consume between 30 and 60
grams of carbohydrates a day.

I also keep a list of the traditional medicines (Herbs)
I use and the double blinds, etc. to back them up,
if you need those.

I can also give you links to great Paleo cooking
groups. (I make my first successful Mousakka
from a posting two weeks ago.)

And I can also send you the Paleo food pyramid, so you
can see the types of food I eat.

I do not suffer that myself but have friends that do. My problem is
pulmonary fibrosis.

The cooking and food information would be nice anyway.

TIA

?-)

Old 22-06-2014, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:46:49 -0700, Todd wrote:

If we ever get a Whole Food or similar down here I will
get more adventurous!

I don't know if you have seen my other rantings, but I
think that people don't like produce because it tastes
like scat (polite Todd Speak for "crap"). They need to
try some home grown or local grown. I have to discipline
myself to stop eating the stuff!

Well i have the luxury of peach trees in my own back yard, plus a couple
planters with garlic, hot peppers and bell peppers. Tree ripened peaches
spoiled me, i can't buy store beaches any more.

?-)

Old 22-06-2014, 04:57 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
The cooking and food information would be nice anyway.

Exactly what are you looking for?

Old 22-06-2014, 05:02 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/21/2014 08:52 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:46:49 -0700, Todd wrote:

If we ever get a Whole Food or similar down here I will
get more adventurous!

I don't know if you have seen my other rantings, but I
think that people don't like produce because it tastes
like scat (polite Todd Speak for "crap"). They need to
try some home grown or local grown. I have to discipline
myself to stop eating the stuff!

Well i have the luxury of peach trees in my own back yard, plus a couple
planters with garlic, hot peppers and bell peppers. Tree ripened peaches
spoiled me, i can't buy store beaches any more.

?-)

Hi Josephkk,

When I was stationed in George, my wife and I use to
buy peaches from the road side stands. I know from
where you speak. Store bought peaches are really
gross.

Cool. 17 grams of carbs for a large peach.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...-juices/1990/2

I could cut it in half and share the other half with my wife.

Hmmmm. I could ever mash it up, cook it in a ton of
butter and make a topping for my coconut pancakes.
Maybe mix it with a mashed apricot. It is all
about "carbohydrate rationing".

My stinking garlic from this year has yet to pop up.
Have three from last year going strong though.

-T
Old 22-06-2014, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
My problem is pulmonary fibrosis.

That doesn't sound fun at all. :'(

Old 28-06-2014, 09:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:57:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
The cooking and food information would be nice anyway.

Exactly what are you looking for?

Places to find all kinds of healing food and cooking information.

Specific stuff you have that may help with milk fat allergies.

Specific stuff you like to help you control your personal issues.

Not necessarily in that order.

?-)

Old 28-06-2014, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:03:34 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
My problem is pulmonary fibrosis.

That doesn't sound fun at all. :'(

So far the best tool against it is mild exercise.

?-)

Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 06/28/2014 01:41 PM, josephkk wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:57:27 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
The cooking and food information would be nice anyway.

Exactly what are you looking for?

Places to find all kinds of healing food and cooking information.

Hi Josephkk,

I really only know about T2 Diabetes, because I have it. Here
is what I did to get my numbers down and to get drug free
(YIPEE!):

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum7.html
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-paleo-recipes/
http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/a-me...endly-recipes/

Specific stuff you have that may help with milk fat allergies.

Have you tried Goat's milk? The fat strands are shorter and
easier to digest. Plus, Goat's milk is missing some of
the allergens in Cow's milk. Here is a reference (warning, has
so many pictures of cute goats it may cause brain damage):

http://wizzley.com/goat-milk-vs-cow-...-is-healthier/

Meyenberg is the best in these parts.
http://meyenberg.com/

Due to the Diabetes, I do not touch any milk because of the
carbs. But I do go for all kinds of cheese (bacteria has had
at the lactose). And, I use organic heavy whipping cream
a lot.

Specific stuff you like to help you control your personal issues.

By "personal issues", I do believe you mean my "health" and not my
sterling good looks and sense of humor.

This is pretty much what I do:
http://www.diabetes-warrior.net/about-me-and-diabetes/
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...mal-blueprint/

Not necessarily in that order.

?-)

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:03:34 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 06/21/2014 08:29 PM, josephkk wrote:
My problem is pulmonary fibrosis.

That doesn't sound fun at all.

So far the best tool against it is mild exercise.

A great article on exercise:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-b...is-hands-down/

Just a wild, wild guess, have you tried eating organic pumpkin
seeds? They are a great source of Magnesium that doesn't
make you run down the hall. And low Magnesium makes for
all kinds of havoc with your heart. Pumpkin seeds are
somewhat of a super food too. Yup, and they are low
carb!

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/3066/2

You will know if you are low on magnesium if you have
trouble sleeping, have heart flutters, eye twitches,
and get a lot of cramps.

Pumpkin seeds are also the worlds yummiest sleeping pills.
(They taste like sunflower seeds with a touch of
pumpkin thrown in.)

I said organic as they usually compost. Now the mineral
content of any plant is dependent on what is in the
soil. And, my compost supplier certifies his mineral
content. If you go for conventional pumpkin seeds,
it is anyone's guess what the mineral content is, probably
pretty low if they are not nurturing the soil. Best
to go organic in this instance.

My favorite pumpkin seeds:
http://www.vitacost.com/now-foods-re...unsalted-16-oz

Add your own salt. (I prefer sea salt. Mineral salt tastes
bitter to me.)

-T

Old 05-07-2014, 04:18 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 11:41:16 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

Snip for length.

Thabks for the links, i will study them for a while. Especially all the
recipes.

?-)

Old 05-07-2014, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens

On 07/04/2014 08:18 PM, josephkk wrote:
[...]

I make a killer chicken broth (not soup). It heals what ails you.
Let me know if you want the recipe.

-T

[IMG] code is On

green potatoes keith United Kingdom 14 06-08-2007 08:30 PM
Green potatoes John Vanini United Kingdom 31 03-08-2007 10:37 AM
Planting potatoes that turned Green Cal Mac United Kingdom 14 05-03-2006 11:28 PM
Green potatoes? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 6 28-08-2005 04:26 PM
green potatoes hillier United Kingdom 10 04-10-2004 07:17 PM