Old 26-05-2004, 02:04 PM
escapee

Default a vote for Dubaya Bush is a vote for WWIII

On Tue, 25 May 2004 19:14:42 -0400, Ann opined:

expounded:

what is amazing is he fell off the bike face first and then claimed he slipped in the
mud

What is even mor amazing is Kerry's response...."What, did his
training wheels fall off?" Of course, not one word was said when he
fell off his bike about his maturity.

What's even more amazing is you can turn a fall off a bike into a vast
right-winged conspiracy. Ya.

No, not a conspiracy, just pretty dumb. What a president does during war time
is very telling. Why is he mountain biking while soldiers are dying? Why is he
constantly on vacation somewhere?

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 26-05-2004, 04:02 PM
rosie

wrote in message

: no conspiracy ... inability to tell the truth in the most minor of
circumstances.
: Ingrid
:

AMEN!

Old 26-05-2004, 05:02 PM
figaro

It does not appear that this issue can be debated. Too emotional for both
sides.

The Democrats are appalled at the incompetency of this administration and
the damage done to our reputation, economy, justice system, and environment
and the Republicans have this "Patriot at all costs" attitude which prevents
them from acknowledging even the simplest facts which make their team look
bad. There is no movement on either side; no rational discourse.

It used to be that journalists were held to a higher standard. Spin or
personal points of view had no place in the NEWS genre. Just the facts.
But then Rush L. began calling the media LIBERAL which allowed the
conservatives to throw out all previous teachings at journalism school and
attack based on emotion and not facts. Now we have conservative and liberal
media conglomerates that continue to blur the line between fact and fiction.
I judge news stories now by the station they appear on and not the content.

What a sad state of affairs for a country which prides itself on being
morally and intellectually superior. How much further into this pit do we
need to fall before people of reason rise up and take this country back to a
place where all can speak and all can be heard?

Allow each other to have different viewpoints no matter how stupid you think
they are. If we can do this, and ask the other side how they arrived at
their conclusions without spin and without derision, maybe we can understand
why there is such a huge chasm in this country. This "us vs. them" attitude
has to change if we want to become the country we know we can be. Closing
our minds and screaming at the tops of our lungs doesn't seem to be
accomplishing much more than emotional venting.

There will always be differences of opinions because we are all from
different backgrounds, educations, intellect. We are at different points in
our lives; some happy, some miserable. Some are rich, some are poor. Some
seek enlightenment, others seek money or fame. Take this into consideration
when someone says something idiotic. They are probably in a different place
than you are. Allow them the dignity of having their opinion without
resorting to name calling or labeling. We are all trying to get to the same
place.

Old 26-05-2004, 05:06 PM
rosie

i like this answer better:

we can all quit arguing.............................if your happy
with the current condition the UNITED STATES is in, ie: economy,
jobs, education, war..............then vote for BUSH.

if will be a landslide, and another BUSH will be voted OUT of
office!

Old 27-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Ann

escapee expounded:

No, not a conspiracy, just pretty dumb. What a president does during war time
is very telling. Why is he mountain biking while soldiers are dying? Why is he
constantly on vacation somewhere?

Oh, for chrissake, give it a rest. People live lives outside of their
professional life. Any president is entitled to some down time. As
for constantly on vacation, are we really going to go tit for tat over
presidents taking vacation? They all do. Clinton took plenty. Find
something else to beat on about, bike riding isn't worth the effort.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 27-05-2004, 04:07 AM
escapee

On Wed, 26 May 2004 15:23:40 GMT, figaro opined:

[...]

Excellent points, but to answer your question of falling into the pit and how
far do we need to go before people rise up? In my opinion, when we start
electing men who don't operate by what God tells them, directly. The moment I
hear that a person talks to God and God talks back, I'm outta here.

Not saying there is no God, though I do not believe in the conventional sense of
God, but this is seriously starting to look like America is in a holy war, and
my friend, we are going to lose. The majority of the world dislikes us. We
can't fight the world. How will we pay for the Medicare Prescription Program?
Gee, I wonder how much the trillion dollars it is going to cost for this war on
terrorism. I wonder how many houses we could build for the poor, how much
medicine we could have given to our senior citizens with nothing, on and on.

The bullshit piles coming out of the current administration are the worse I've
seen in my entire 48 years of life.

Old 27-05-2004, 04:07 AM
escapee

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:58:05 -0400, Ann opined:

escapee expounded:

No, not a conspiracy, just pretty dumb. What a president does during war time
is very telling. Why is he mountain biking while soldiers are dying? Why is he
constantly on vacation somewhere?

Oh, for chrissake, give it a rest. People live lives outside of their
professional life. Any president is entitled to some down time. As
for constantly on vacation, are we really going to go tit for tat over
presidents taking vacation? They all do. Clinton took plenty. Find
something else to beat on about, bike riding isn't worth the effort.

Ann, you are most uninformed. Bush has taken more vacation time away from the
duties of a president than any other president in history. We are in a war. He
should be over there supporting the troops, not riding a friggin bike having
recreational time. Sorry, don't fly. Why don't YOU give it up. Didn't think
so.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 27-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Ann

escapee expounded:

Ann, you are most uninformed. Bush has taken more vacation time away from the
duties of a president than any other president in history. We are in a war. He
should be over there supporting the troops, not riding a friggin bike having
recreational time. Sorry, don't fly. Why don't YOU give it up. Didn't think
so.

I could say the same for you, Vic. I am fully informed. I just
choose to believe the truth. You think you do. You should get out
more.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 27-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Jim Elbrecht

escapee wrote:

[...]

You're both wrong-- Here's the stats [according to a Yahoo article
April 24, 2004- but I note that the Washington Post had GWB at 250 in
August of 2003 & it looks like the Yahoo article was using those
numbers as they only accounted for 7 of Clinton's years]

1. 79 days - Jimmy Carter (1 term)
2. 152 days - Bill Clinton (2 terms - only counting 7 years though)
3. 250 days - George W. Bush (3/4 term thus far- probably Aug 2003)
4. 335 days - Ronald Reagan (2 terms)
5. 543 days - George Bush Sr. (1 term)

Jim

Old 27-05-2004, 02:03 PM
escapee

On Thu, 27 May 2004 04:08:50 -0400, Ann opined:

escapee expounded:

Ann, you are most uninformed. Bush has taken more vacation time away from the
duties of a president than any other president in history. We are in a war. He
should be over there supporting the troops, not riding a friggin bike having
recreational time. Sorry, don't fly. Why don't YOU give it up. Didn't think
so.

I could say the same for you, Vic. I am fully informed. I just
choose to believe the truth. You think you do. You should get out
more.

Wow. I actually feel sympathy for you. It's not true that he was on a bike,
not in Iraq, or that he has taken more vacation time than any other president in
history? Sorry, Ann, it's the truth. There is no way around it.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 27-05-2004, 02:05 PM
escapee

On Thu, 27 May 2004 10:37:58 GMT, Jim Elbrecht opined:

escapee wrote:

[...]

I see, so the only person he didn't beat for more vacation time as the sitting
president is his daddy. Interesting. I rescind my accusation. Here's the new
one: Bush 43 has only taken the second amount of vacation time in the history of
the presidency, second only to his father. I base this on the X years added to
the current numbers and any way you cut it, only 43 beats him.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

[IMG] code is On

Ann/a vote for Dubaya Bush is a vote for WWIII Marsha Gardening 18 29-05-2004 04:02 PM
Dubaya Bush I.D. Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 27-10-2003 06:32 PM
Triton or Hagen Aquaglow: Vote NetMax Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
THANK YOU DUBAYA Cereoid+10+ Gardening 0 27-03-2003 11:56 AM
Logging on slopes up for vote Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 4 30-01-2003 04:56 PM