Old 14-07-2005, 12:50 AM
Bourne Identity

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:18:38 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

chairchair wrote:
With little kittens that are 6 weeks old, how safe is Diatomaceous
Earth? I know that Diatomaceous Earth helps get rid of fleas on
cats. I'm wondering how safe it is for young kittens. Does anyone
know? Where could I find out?

Ask your vet. You do have one don't you? You will probably get yelled
at for posting an animal question in a garden newsgroup.

Not by me. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving
birth to kittens.
Old 14-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Bourne Identity

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:55:51 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

You still here, Jumbo Catastrophe?

Thanks, that was my weekly hysterical belly laugh! Still lauging. I
may use that one.

Old 14-07-2005, 01:30 AM
madgardener

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message Not by
me. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving
birth to kittens.

now hang on, if I decide to raise a female and let her get pregnant and have
her first litter, I'll wind up keeping probably all her kids. I like
having a few cats around. I'm actually down to three and that's the lowest
amount of cats I've had in decades. The most dogs, and no more, I'm still
holding at two, as Sugar and Sméagol is all I can take.

But I just lost my oldest female, Pye and now I just have fixed males. But
eventually I'll miss having a female cat around and I've actually considered
getting one that I didn't fix just to have a few kittens. I've missed it.

So not to berage you, but you can believe that not everyone is as
responsible as me to let a female have a batch of kittens. Where as the
asshole across the driveway is allowing his cats to interbreed again and
it's becoming quite a mess over there.

One of the reasons that Polluxx was out in the pastures during the violent
thunderstorm and lightening we had when he dissappeared for seven days and
just got back last Sunday blind in one eye and mentally messed up from
whatever harrowing experience he had while he was missing. There are a lot
of unfixed cats of both genders procreating across my driveway.

I hope youse don't think of me as disgusting because I want to have a female
and possibly a batch of kittens. I might even change my mind later on. I
just love the whole thing.

maddie

Old 14-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Be careful now, big guy, you don't want to hurt Johnny Cockroach's feelings.

We may never know if it is safe to drown kittens in a swimming pool that is
filtered with diatomaceous earth.

Old 14-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Why would that be Johnny Cat, Mr. Dick Shillelagh?

Wouldn't a dick shillelagh be awkward to use?

"Dick Shenary" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:47:46 GMT, "Cereus-validus......."
wrote:

Be careful now, big guy, you don't want to hurt Johnny Cockroach's
feelings.

Wouldn't that be Johnny Cat?

Old 14-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Bourne Identity

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:30:52 -0400, "madgardener"
wrote:

I hope youse don't think of me as disgusting because I want to have a female
and possibly a batch of kittens. I might even change my mind later on. I
just love the whole thing.

maddie

Why not adopt a bunch of kittens? There are literally millions of
animals put down each year, many of them kittens.

Old 14-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

Be careful now, big guy, you don't want to hurt Johnny Cockroach's feelings.

Wouldn't that be Johnny Cat?

I liked Jumbo Catastrophe! Boy did that make me laugh. Not at the
guy, I forgot all about him already, but my friend comes up with the
most hysterical things. Where DOES he get them from!
Old 14-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Bourne Identity contains these words:

.. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving
birth to kittens.

Why? If cats were artificailly prevented from all breeding, they
would die out. Surely, to a Buddhist like yourself, all life forms are
worthy of existence and their own spiritual karma?

Janet
Old 15-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Bourne Identity

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:03:10 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

The message
from Bourne Identity contains these words:

. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving
birth to kittens.

Why? If cats were artificailly prevented from all breeding, they
would die out. Surely, to a Buddhist like yourself, all life forms are
worthy of existence and their own spiritual karma?

Janet

Don't throw that shit in my face, it won't fly. There are of BILLIONS
with a B stay and ferrel cats all over the world, starving to death,
suffering unimaginable diseases. Preventing cats from reproducing
would cut way down on the amazing suffering which goes on and if there
is no egg and sperm, there will be no consciousness waiting to jump
in. Please, stick to topics you know about. Don't pretend to know what
Buddhism says about neutering and spaying.

If you want to debate a point, please do that. To get filthy dirty by
shoving Buddhism down my throat is rather ignorant. Debate the issue,
not my personal path in life.
Old 15-07-2005, 08:17 AM
Travis

wrote:

[...]

How would anyone know your path in life unless you told them?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 15-07-2005, 01:58 PM
Janet Baraclough

wrote:

The message
from Bourne Identity contains these words:

. I'm pretty disgusted that people still have cats giving
birth to kittens.

Why? If cats were artificially prevented from all breeding, they
would die out. Surely, to a Buddhist like yourself, all life forms are
worthy of existence and their own spiritual karma?

Janet

Don't throw that shit in my face, it won't fly. There are of BILLIONS
with a B stay and ferrel cats all over the world, starving to death,
suffering unimaginable diseases. Preventing cats from reproducing
would cut way down on the amazing suffering which goes on

I agree and support that neutering feral populations of starving
diseased cats reduces suffering. However, that does not mean that all
pet cats have to be prevented from breeding. If someone is prepared to
be responsible for their kittens' lifetime feeding and health, there is
no reason at all why you should censure that choice.

I am not throwing your religious beliefs in your face, Victoria, but
you frequently cite them here as back-up for some sanctimonious snipe
at someone else, choosing to put them in the public domain for our
consideration. So when you lapse from grace, I'm afraid it attracts
some amusement. Rather like watching a fat lady lumbering round in
circles shrieking "look at me, I'm a very slim and graceful ballet
dancer you clodhoppers, oh yes I am so I am"..just as she falls flat on
her arse in a cowpat, making shit fly.

Janet.

Old 15-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Treedweller

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:58:51 +0100, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

I am not throwing your religious beliefs in your face, Victoria, but
you frequently cite them here as back-up for some sanctimonious snipe
at someone else, choosing to put them in the public domain for our
consideration. So when you lapse from grace, I'm afraid it attracts
some amusement. Rather like watching a fat lady lumbering round in
circles shrieking "look at me, I'm a very slim and graceful ballet
dancer you clodhoppers, oh yes I am so I am"..just as she falls flat on
her arse in a cowpat, making shit fly.

Janet.

um, yeah, that can be funny, but why would buddhism be incompatible
with spaying? I'm not a buddha yet, but I see Victoria acting out of
compassion for the animals that get killed by shelters daily and it
makes sense to me. And if you don't buy that, spay and neuter to
limit the spread of disease that accompanies excessive feral cat/dog
populations.

obgardening: the pussy willows are lovely this year, no?

Old 15-07-2005, 05:31 PM
madgardener

"Treedweller" wrote in message obgardening: the
pussy willows are lovely this year, no?

I think the year's crop of Cattails in the ditches and edges of the cow
ponds are beautiful right now.................
madgardener

Old 16-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Bourne Identity

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:17:05 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

Don't throw that shit in my face, it won't fly. There are of
BILLIONS with a B stay and ferrel cats all over the world, starving
to death, suffering unimaginable diseases. Preventing cats from
reproducing would cut way down on the amazing suffering which goes
on and if there is no egg and sperm, there will be no consciousness
waiting to jump in. Please, stick to topics you know about. Don't
pretend to know what Buddhism says about neutering and spaying.

If you want to debate a point, please do that. To get filthy dirty
by shoving Buddhism down my throat is rather ignorant. Debate the
issue, not my personal path in life.

How would anyone know your path in life unless you told them?

By "personal path" I didn't mean it was private. However, I always
find it curious when people use it against me for one reason or
another, as if I am supposed to actually BE Buddha, himself. It's
ridiculous, immature and telling.

I have no problem telling anyone about my Buddhist path. I never
tried to sell it. Explain it, yet, sell it...not.
Old 16-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Starlord

I support the nurting/spaying of mixed breed cats, heck I've saved some, had
the operation done and found them good loving homes. Right now I've got 3
males awaiting for the funds to build up to have it done. But at the same
time I am a breeder of pure breed cats, I've bred and shown Japanese
Bobtails, and the ones that I sell to people go with agreements to have them
fixed too and the over all number has not been great as I only use one queen
once every 18 months. They also go with CFA papers too. Have you ever been
to a cat show? I'd guess not, because then you would know and might even
understand more about the world of the true cat breeders, and I'm not
talking about the people who let strays hang around or don't care for their
cats.

One of the ones I have awaiting their vist to the vets is an old boy, he was
around this trailer park for at lest 5 years after being left behind by
someone who got kicked out. He more or less rules the area, but other males
have come in or grown up here and his age was not helping. So after many
trys and as many months, this last winter I was able to trap him. He now
lives in my small side bedroom after cutting off all his matted fur and
healing the old battle scars & such. He'll now live out his life inside and
being cared for.

Akumaizer Cattery
Japanese Bobtails since 1974

Telescope Buyers FAQ