Old 19-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Priscilla McCullough

Default foam

I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none floating
at least.
Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them.
Thanks,
Priss

Old 19-09-2005, 11:32 AM
George

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none
floating at least.
Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them.
Thanks,
Priss

If the fish appear to be ok, frisky, in fact, suspect that they have
spawned.

Old 19-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Priscilla McCullough

I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

Old 19-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Gale Pearce

I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none

floating
at least.
Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them.
Thanks,
Priss

Hi Priss - Wow - it looks a lot like the foam I get in the spring as the
water starts to warm after I start my bio filter and waterfall up, but not
quite to this extent - is there any chance someone tossed something in there
on you overnight? - maybe take a water sample somewhere to get it tested
Gale :~)

Old 19-09-2005, 02:05 PM
George

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

Umm, that looks like the neighbor kids got crazy with some Mr. Bubble.
Does it feel soapy to the touch? If it was my pond, I'd be inclined to do
a major water change, just in case.

Old 19-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Derek Broughton

Priscilla McCullough wrote:

I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none
floating at least.
Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them.

Foam is usually a product of dissolved organic compounds (sometimes, fish
milt, other times just too much stuff rotting in the pond). First, scoop
out as much foam as possible. The really good thing about foam is that
it's almost pure protein, so you're removing most of the problem when you
scoop it. Vacuum the bottom of the pond. Then do a 20-30% water change.

I wouldn't drain it. I really think draining a pond is a last resort, not
an annual clean-up treatment.
--
derek
Old 19-09-2005, 03:27 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I got up this morning to white foam all on top of my pond.
What is this? Its still to dark outside to see fish but theres none floating
at least.

How are the fish, does the pond smell fishy? This is when a skimmer is very
helpful.

Also I need to do some repairs on my settlement chamber.
Its still in the upper 80's and lower 90's here.
Is it to late to drain the pond and fix or should I wait until spring.
I really hate to do that but I don't want to stress all my koi and lose
them. Thanks, Priss

It is better to do the repair now while the fishes' immune systems are up
and working than to wait till spring (assuming the foam isn't Mr. Bubble).
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 19-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Priscilla McCullough

Well this is just the darnest thing. The bubbles are going away now. Its
starting to get hot out there.
I went ahead and tested my water.

Water test
Amonia 0
Nitrate and Nitrites 0
Total Hardness 85
Alkalinity 130
ph 8.0

Thanks Jan. I was a little worry with Mr. Winter right around the corner.
But it don't really get cold here until nov.
Pond don't really smell. I smell more dog poop than fish. hahahaha I have a
Rottweiler.
Priss

Old 19-09-2005, 03:59 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

============================
Wow! I never saw anything like that on any of my ponds. Just a
suggestion - if I saw that on one of my ponds I'd do several partial water
changes. Something had to cause it and it's probably nothing good.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 19-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Renard

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message

I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

============================
Wow! I never saw anything like that on any of my ponds. Just a
suggestion - if I saw that on one of my ponds I'd do several partial
water changes. Something had to cause it and it's probably nothing good.

Has anyone notice, Carol has done everything when it comes to ponds?
It makes you wonder if she is actually being truthful. With all her
attacks on Jehovah's Witnesses, you have to think that she wouldn't have
the time to be working on her pond at all.

Watching all these threads that are off-topic and we all know she is the
one behind all the anonymous remailers, I have come to believe that her
advice is not her own and that she merely cutting and pasting from web
forums and then repost them here under her name. That is very dishonest.

Maybe she realized that 99% of the ponders here hate her guts, and she
is sucking up to them.

What a pity, what a pity. I don't know about you, but everything she
writes under any of her persona and sock-puppets should be received with
"long-iron-tongs"

A woman as hateful and vulgar as she, who has destroyed this group
should not be worthy of our attention. And anyone who replies to her is
a fool to do so. It means they support her hateful behavior. Do you
really support her hateful behavior towards others who believes
differently than her?

Renard Fox

Old 19-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Derek Broughton

Renard wrote:

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message

I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

============================
Wow! I never saw anything like that on any of my ponds. Just a
suggestion - if I saw that on one of my ponds I'd do several partial
water changes. Something had to cause it and it's probably nothing good.

Has anyone notice, Carol has done everything when it comes to ponds?

Carol has been posting here longer than most people on the group have _had_
ponds (including me, and I started posting on rec.ponds in 1995). So, it
doesn't surprise me.
--
derek
Old 19-09-2005, 06:50 PM
~Roy

Shows just what you know about undisolved organics etc usually coming
to the surface inthe form of a foilm of proteins which are know to
make a foamy substance where there is a bit of water action, typically
as under and around a outlet or inlet or waterfall........

===
===============================
===Wow! I never saw anything like that on any of my ponds. Just a
===suggestion - if I saw that on one of my ponds I'd do several partial water
===changes. Something had to cause it and it's probably nothing good.

"The original frugal ponder"
Old 19-09-2005, 06:55 PM
~Roy

NO Carol has not done everything with a pond.....9 out of 10 replies
she makes is nothing but a canned reply reworded from a previous
poster that replied to a post....but carol will reword it and make it
sound like she has a handle on those things.......the remaining 1 out
of 10 posts is nothing but basic stuff any first grader would probbaly
already know by reading the back of a package or seeing it done...The
only smarts carol has in in being a smart assed bitch! The only thing
Carol has a real handle on and is capable of doing is stirring the pot
and aggitating and disrupting forums and corss posting.That she is a
major leage player on.
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:49:04 -0400, Renard
wrote:

===Reel Mckoi wrote:
===
=== "Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
=== ...
===
=== ============================

Old 19-09-2005, 07:29 PM
~Roy

Yet more words of wisdom from an admirer of Carol..........Do you have
the hots for that woman or what Derek, its certainly looks like you
do as carol is never wrong or carol never does anything to create
problems.......Guess that old saying of Birds of a feather flock
together is so true....but then I sort of had you pegged as such from
the git go.....

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:38:01 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===Renard wrote:
===
===

Old 19-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Renard wrote:

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message

I thought of that but this is so foamy.
Here is a picture.
http://www.geocities.com/prissmc117/foam.html
I haven't seen them spawning either.
Priss

============================
Wow! I never saw anything like that on any of my ponds. Just a
suggestion - if I saw that on one of my ponds I'd do several partial
water changes. Something had to cause it and it's probably nothing
good.

Has anyone notice, Carol has done everything when it comes to ponds?

Carol has been posting here longer than most people on the group have
_had_
ponds (including me, and I started posting on rec.ponds in 1995). So, it
doesn't surprise me.
--
derek

======================
Derek,... Renard is the TROLL Jabriol-Zod-Gantz. He created yet another
sock puppet:

NetRange: 65.128.0.0 - 65.159.255.255
CIDR: 65.128.0.0/11
NetName: NET-QWEST-3BLKS
NetHandle: NET-65-128-0-0-1
Parent: NET-65-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation

For everyone's general information, I've been keeping fish, including
goldfish, fancy guppies and bettas since 1952. That was the year my mother
brought in the first glass fishtank, made by Metaframe. She couldn't keep
goldfish alive in those old bowls so switched to tanks and guppies. She
taught us how to care for our fish and I was hooked for life. :-)

In 1994 I created my first small pond from a 150 gallon kiddy-pool. In 1995
I dug the 800 gallon pond myself. In 1996 or 1997 we added the 2000 gallon
pond. Fish keeping has been a lifelong addiction for me since I was a kid
in 1952.

Expandable foam question grubber Ponds 0 15-03-2004 11:45 PM
Greenhouse glass foam sealing tape ?? reqd for repairs gray bale United Kingdom 3 24-04-2003 01:44 AM
black foam sealant Dblburner Ponds 2 22-04-2003 11:44 PM
Foam in waterfall Carl Beyer Ponds 4 20-04-2003 04:09 AM
Anyone seen pre-made fiberglass or foam waterfalls on sale anywhere? Gareee Ponds 3 18-04-2003 03:32 AM