Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM

Jo Ann is retired from the GF business, not retired in general. She and Steve are
now buying and selling antique glass and pottery full time. That means driving all
over several states. She doesnt have the time.
Actually, her major recommendations are now and have always been water changes, water
changes, water changes, a bit of salt, PP, Quick Cure, and hydrogen peroxide. She
never really sold any of that, but if people want to buy their water, salt, Quick
Cure, and hydrogen peroxide from Ken I guess they can go right ahead.
Ingrid

"~ Windsong ~" wrote:
## A bit of a contradiction no? If her help isn't "usually needed" there
on your private list, then she has the time to come HERE and help people.
## And let me guess who she recommends to purchase those "TREATMENTS" from?
1. The people who purchased her business.
2. The people who purchased her business.
3. The people who purchased her business.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:44 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

And.... isn't spamming when you are trying to sell something?

Ingrid has been informing RP, whether we agreed or disagreed about JoAnn's
credentials, she does have years of fish experience is willing to help
others via the phone. Sure isn't something I'd offer up, I hate dealing via
the phone, I can't think that quick. All of sudden it became "Ingrid Bash
Season" I commend Ingrid that she didn't start throwing mud herself. ~ jan

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:22:09 GMT, wrote:

ooooo... am I really, what fun. You dont care if I get flamed and defamed as long as
I dont post where people can get help?

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:
Ingrid...come on...some of us disagree with you from time to time, and
others attack you, but don't make us all suffer.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 10-01-2005, 02:36 AM
~ Windsong ~

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
news
And.... isn't spamming when you are trying to sell something?

## Yes. Selling or advertising is SPAMMING! No one minds business people
using sigfiles with business information but these posts are nothing BUT
spam! When the SAME post is constantly reposted it's called FLOODING abuse
by some NGs. It isn't fair to the newbies who don't know the history behind
this constant spamming.

Ingrid has been informing RP, whether we agreed or disagreed about JoAnn's
credentials, she does have years of fish experience is willing to help
others via the phone.

## When she does "help" whose products is she selling or pushing? I'd hate
to see someone get taken in - think the Dimilin and hose-rechargeable
charcoal. Once bitten twice careful. I wish someone had warned me.....

Sure isn't something I'd offer up, I hate dealing via
the phone, I can't think that quick. All of sudden it became "Ingrid Bash
Season" I commend Ingrid that she didn't start throwing mud herself. ~

jan

## How can she? No one else on this NG is doing all this spamming and
flooding. ;-)
And with that, perhaps she'll have Joann help people here on the NGs instead
of by back-channel, and let DandyOranda SPAM for him/herself. Time to move
on.......
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
Completely FREE softwa

Old 10-01-2005, 02:43 AM
~ Windsong ~

wrote in message
Jo Ann is retired from the GF business, not retired in general. She and

Steve are
now buying and selling antique glass and pottery full time. That means

driving all
over several states. She doesnt have the time.

$$ Then she would certainly not have the time to spend hours on her phone.

Actually, her major recommendations are now and have always been water

changes, water
changes, water changes, a bit of salt, PP, Quick Cure, and hydrogen

peroxide.

$$ Rather than spam us, for a friend no less,... why not have this
information on your or her website and when people *ASK* for help - send
them there? Or have the URLS as your sigfile? There are
parasites/infections as we both know, that can't be diagnosed over the
phone.

She
never really sold any of that, but if people want to buy their water,

salt, Quick
Cure, and hydrogen peroxide from Ken I guess they can go right ahead.
Ingrid

$$ Like I said, if she manages to do a diagnosis sight unseen, you can be
sure she'll send them straight to Ken.

Old 10-01-2005, 05:22 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Well Ingrid,

Here again you are trying to dazzle us with Horse Pucky. Do you read any of
the crap that you post to the list as reference to see what they are saying.

Yes, anthracite is used in the water purification process, and, yes, is is
low pressure backflushed for cleaning, but it is used like sand and is only
for filtering out the smallest of particles in the water. Nothing is
absorbed into it because it is so hard. The Chemicals that you profess to
collect on it are part of a purification process of nanofilteration where
the chemicals are added by the plant. These chemicals are substances like
Alum, flocculants, Ferrous Sulfate, Polymers, other chemicals like sodium
hexametaphosphate and fluorosilicic acid, and don't forget the Chlorine or
Chloramine what is put in at this time for disinfection. I will agree that
not all these chemcials are used by all plants, but their combinations
allows them to attracted to the antracite where these chemcials have latched
on to the impurities and then collect on the antracite.

So when the BS is cleared away the antracite is just a smaller filtering
material for particulate materials in the water and has absoluting "nothing"
to do with any thing close to what Activated Charcoal can do for water.

So when you and Jo Ann brought this up the first time it was bogus and years
later it is still bogus. Antracite will not do anything that activated
charcoal will do and unless you are replacing your filters that use
polyfiber (filter floss) in your tanks to sand filters you could switch to
antracite instead of the sand for filtration. And for those who want to run
and buy some of this special rice sized antracite you can get it in 56
pounds bags from Res-Kem Corp for particulate filtration of your water.

For any of you who think I am flaming Ingrid (though I know she will think
that I am flaming her because I am proving her wrong) I just read her
reference material that she posted. I will admitted that I only checked the
links on 4 pages, before decided that this was enough to read to find out
what she was implying is bogus.

So I repeat that what Jo Ann and Ingrid posted years ago about antracite was
bogus and it is still bogus.

Tom L.L.
wrote in message
The main reason I dont respond to any of the flaming is that when I
correct the
mis-information it does absolutely no good.
Jo Ann did not use nor sell "activated carbon", the stuff that is normally
sold in
LFS or on the internet and must be heated to high temps for reuse.
Jo Ann found out that city water treatment plants used anthracite for
water
purification.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...s+anthracit e
She was able to find a source of this milled to the size of rice grains
and used this
in her filters and sold it. It is indeed reusable after forceful back
washing
because chemicals are not absorbed into it, rather adsorbed onto it. It
is of
course, no where near as efficient in removing chemicals as activated
carbon, but it
is reusable.
Last time I looked the U.S. is a free market system. Sellers get to
charge what they
think they can sell it for and buyers can pay the price, not pay the price
or get it
somewhere else. Ingrid

"Lilly" wrote:
One of my
favorites was JoAnn telling the original GF NG that her carbon was
rechargeable and to do this you would "give it a good blast with a
garden hose". Bunk. It takes a kiln to burn off the impurities.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 10-01-2005, 05:30 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Ingrid,

Read what you use for references. The first one talks of Bituminous coal
and charcoal, it speaks nothing of antracite. Your second link is referring
to the same thing.

So much for credibility.

Tom L.L.
wrote in message
yeah ... it can/is used to remove organic compounds. Ingrid
http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/zag/hydr...tionOMCoal.PDF
http://www.pollutionengineering.com/...111316,00.html

"Doug Brown" wrote:
So anthracite can be used for mechanical filtration but nowhere snip

does it claim that anthracite performs any chemical filtration.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List