Old 05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Lilly

Because if she were to pop her head above see-level it would promptly
be shot at.

I'm not the only one that remembers the history. But, the newer folks
here don't know the real history of JoAnn and Ingrid. For instance,
over the past decade or so I have seen;

....the outright bad information, information that was mostly harmless,
and overtly commercial "help" given on various NGs since the middle
90s. This is a category so big it deserves a NG all it's own. One of my
favorites was JoAnn telling the original GF NG that her carbon was
rechargeable and to do this you would "give it a good blast with a
garden hose". Bunk. It takes a kiln to burn off the impurities.

....a fishy doctor's work ripped off, lightly massaged, and passed off
as her own (JoAnn).

....other's who have had their ideas ripped off too, with JoAnn calling
it something slightly different, then claiming it as hers.

It's ludicrous the ends that these two will go to to prop themselves
up. Consider this thread a public service and the "Newbie Alert
System".

Lilly

Troll Hunter wrote:
====================
I can't help being suspicious as to why she wants people to call her
privately. What is there to hide? Since she has access to a PC why

doesn't
she post here if she wants to help people so much? I wonder if she
recommends products to people, products sold by the very people who

bought
her business. Just a thought.....
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."

Old 05-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Lilly

====================

Old 05-01-2005, 06:44 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Lilly" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because if she were to pop her head above see-level it would promptly
be shot at.

## So she hides like a toad in the hostas.

I'm not the only one that remembers the history. But, the newer folks
here don't know the real history of JoAnn and Ingrid. For instance,
over the past decade or so I have seen;

...the outright bad information, information that was mostly harmless,
and overtly commercial "help" given on various NGs since the middle
90s. This is a category so big it deserves a NG all it's own. One of my
favorites was JoAnn telling the original GF NG that her carbon was
rechargeable and to do this you would "give it a good blast with a
garden hose". Bunk. It takes a kiln to burn off the impurities.

## Yes. I remember this BS scam well. When questioned on this "hose
recharging" my head was bitten off by Ingrid. A search of the net made
clear this "recharge with a hose" claim was utter lies. Complete BS! But
both of them PUSHED this carbon and pushed it, and pushed it ad nauseum. It
must have been VERY profitable for them. Something Joann paid $1 a lb for
and sold for $15 a lb.

...a fishy doctor's work ripped off, lightly massaged, and passed off
as her own (JoAnn).
...other's who have had their ideas ripped off too, with JoAnn calling
it something slightly different, then claiming it as hers.

It's ludicrous the ends that these two will go to to prop themselves
up. Consider this thread a public service and the "Newbie Alert
System".

Lilly

## When confronted with all the misinformation they were spreading on the
1st GF list, Ingrid started a list of her own where no questioning was
allowed. No proof they were WRONG about anything was allowed. It was
considered "flaming." You can be sure anyone on her "private" little GF
list now are hand picked "newbies" ignorant of their past who wouldn't think
of questioning anything. And you can also be sure it's a place to PUSH the
products sold by the new owners of Joann's old business.

To add insult to injury here she SPAMS us to death.... the whole thing
between them is bizarre!
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"There's always one more s.o.b. than you counted on."

Old 05-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Lilly

~ Windsong ~ writes on Jan 5, 10:44 am
So she hides like a toad in the hostas

That's not a very nice thing to say about Toads. The Toad Community is
seeking legal representation for this slanderous statement and will be
seeing you in court. ;-)

Lilly

Old 05-01-2005, 09:13 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Lilly" wrote in message
ups.com...
~ Windsong ~ writes on Jan 5, 10:44 am
So she hides like a toad in the hostas

That's not a very nice thing to say about Toads. The Toad Community is
seeking legal representation for this slanderous statement and will be
seeing you in court. ;-)

Lilly

=========================
LOL!!! WHAT was I thinking..... :-D
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Back up my hard drive? How do I put it in reverse?"

Old 06-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Derek Broughton

Lilly wrote:

~ Windsong ~ writes on Jan 5, 10:44 am
So she hides like a toad in the hostas

That's not a very nice thing to say about Toads. The Toad Community is
seeking legal representation for this slanderous statement and will be
seeing you in court. ;-)

Thanks, Lilly, I was thinking the same. Carol, consider yourself
chastised...
--
derek
Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 PM

when the bashing stops, so will my reposts. Ingrid

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

wrote in message
Jo Ann asked me to remind people that while she has retired from selling

GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired

from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is

best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject.

Ingrid

snip

Ingrid...too much. Way too much.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:54 PM

The main reason I dont respond to any of the flaming is that when I correct the
mis-information it does absolutely no good.
Jo Ann did not use nor sell "activated carbon", the stuff that is normally sold in
LFS or on the internet and must be heated to high temps for reuse.
Jo Ann found out that city water treatment plants used anthracite for water
purification.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...s+anthracit e
She was able to find a source of this milled to the size of rice grains and used this
in her filters and sold it. It is indeed reusable after forceful back washing
because chemicals are not absorbed into it, rather adsorbed onto it. It is of
course, no where near as efficient in removing chemicals as activated carbon, but it
is reusable.
Last time I looked the U.S. is a free market system. Sellers get to charge what they
think they can sell it for and buyers can pay the price, not pay the price or get it
somewhere else. Ingrid

"Lilly" wrote:
One of my
favorites was JoAnn telling the original GF NG that her carbon was
rechargeable and to do this you would "give it a good blast with a
garden hose". Bunk. It takes a kiln to burn off the impurities.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 08-01-2005, 11:36 PM
~ Windsong ~

wrote in message
Jo Ann asked me to remind

** How about telling Joann people are sick of your SPAM and to tell people
herself. What is she hiding USING you?

people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandy$$$$orandas.com/)

** Let Ken Fisher advertise his own business.

she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is

best for
diagnosis.

** Diagnosing disease and parasites over a phone. Now I heard
everything.......

but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject.

Ingrid

--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"If At First You Don't Succeed,
Blame Someone Else And Seek Counseling!"
~~~~~~~ }((((((o
Completely FREE softwa
http://www.pricelessware.org
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-01-2005, 11:43 PM

Mostly because Jo Ann just doesnt have the time. She is on Puregold and tries to
help people there, but there are now so many other people on the list know what they
are doing that mostly our help isnt usually needed.
Trying to help people with their sick fish by emailing back and forth is very very
difficult. People leave out so much that is important and by the time they get back
with those answers it is easy to forget what the problem was. When Jo Ann talks
directly to people she can ask/get answers immediately that gives her a "picture" of
what the problem most is. After 30 years in dealing with sick goldfish from all over
the US and even the world she has a pretty good idea of what could be wrong and the
best treatment.
Maybe it is annoying, but at the same time there are new people coming on all the
time looking for help with sick fish, so if they can get the phone number of somebody
can help them right away and for free .....
Ingrid

Derek Broughton wrote:
Hey, I have no problem with Ingrid blowing Jo Ann's horn - though I wonder
why Jo Ann can't do it herself - but now that she's responding to every
post directed her way with the same advertisement it goes beyond annoying.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 08-01-2005, 11:44 PM
~ Windsong ~

wrote in message
The main reason I dont respond to any of the flaming is that when I

correct the
mis-information it does absolutely no good.

$$ You cannot correct the fact that you and Joann were pushing some magic
charcoal that you both claimed was recharged with plain "hose water" for
example. No one is flaming you. They're pointing out what occurred in the
past and warning the new people not to get taken in. And then you SPAM us
with constant redundant posts pushing both Joann and the new owners of her
business.

Jo Ann did not use nor sell "activated carbon", the stuff that is normally

sold in
LFS or on the internet and must be heated to high temps for reuse.
Jo Ann found out that city water treatment plants used anthracite for

water
purification.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...s+anthracit e
She was able to find a source of this milled to the size of rice grains

and used this
in her filters and sold it. It is indeed reusable after forceful back

washing
because chemicals are not absorbed into it, rather adsorbed onto it. It

is of
course, no where near as efficient in removing chemicals as activated

carbon, but it
is reusable.

$$ Uh,.. let's get honest Ingrid. Neither of you claimed it was "no where
near as efficient in removing chemicals as activated carbon, but it is
reusable."

Last time I looked the U.S. is a free market system. Sellers get to

charge what they
think they can sell it for

$$ Making untrue claims to push sales, and attacking anyone who questioned
the product.

and buyers can pay the price, not pay the price or get it
somewhere else.

$$ Sickening.....

--
---------