Old 12-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Carl Beyer

Default Help with funky fish

I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.

So, with all of that in mind, I looked into my pond this evening,
checking everyone out cause I had been on holiday and I saw something
that disturbed me.

I have a bunch (ton) of mosquito fish (bad purchase) and a number of
them have white spots all over. None seem to be hurting, no reaction,
but I am worried something is about to go south in the pond. the big
Gold Fish and Koi are looking very, very healthy but I am worried
something is going down.

Anyone have any advice, and if needed a cure?

Thanks

Carl

Oh.... pictures of the pond from 2 years ago.

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com/Koi

cap the K...

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 12-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.

So, with all of that in mind, I looked into my pond this evening,
checking everyone out cause I had been on holiday and I saw something
that disturbed me.

I have a bunch (ton) of mosquito fish (bad purchase) and a number of
them have white spots all over. None seem to be hurting, no reaction,
but I am worried something is about to go south in the pond. the big
Gold Fish and Koi are looking very, very healthy but I am worried
something is going down.

Anyone have any advice, and if needed a cure?

snip

White spots? Sounds like Ich. If so, here are some products at PetSmart that
may be able to help diagnose (read the labels) and if it is Ich, help cure
it...

Kordon Prevent Ich Fish Disease Inhibitor and Preventative,
http://ihmp.net/@/m
Kordon Ich Inhibitor, http://ihmp.net/@/wf
Kordon Aquarium Rid Ich Preventative, http://ihmp.net/@/om

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 12-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Nedra Sucks

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:52:18 -0800, Carl Beyer
wrote:

===I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
===going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
===45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.
===
[...]

i have news for you dude, your pond is aready heading south.
Just stay tuned for the salt, etc baths and canned replies al without
knowing more. Want the best answer, go to Koiphen forums or koivet

koiphen.com
koivet.com

Thats where the serious folks and professionals hang and will be happy
to help you with "Correct" info.......instead of a bunch of couch /
keyboard diagnosticians.

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Sooooooooooooooooolow to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS

Old 12-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra Sucks" wrote in message
snip
i have news for you dude, your pond is aready heading south.
Just stay tuned for the salt, etc baths and canned replies al without
knowing more. Want the best answer, go to Koiphen forums or koivet

koiphen.com
koivet.com

Thats where the serious folks and professionals hang and will be happy
to help you with "Correct" info.......instead of a bunch of couch /
keyboard diagnosticians.

snip

I agree Roy...go there. And stay there.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Nedra Sucks

See what I mean, now your probably sending this person for ich
treatment without even seeing what those white spots
are.........pityfull source of info , and you say I don;t help...At
east I don't diagmnose without a proper scope and seeing the problem
and a more detailed description on the probems.
Keep this crap up BV and I wil have to kill file you!

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:23:00 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

===
==="Carl Beyer" wrote in message
=== I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
=== going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
=== 45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.
===
=== So, with all of that in mind, I looked into my pond this evening,
=== checking everyone out cause I had been on holiday and I saw something
=== that disturbed me.
===
=== I have a bunch (ton) of mosquito fish (bad purchase) and a number of
=== them have white spots all over. None seem to be hurting, no reaction,
=== but I am worried something is about to go south in the pond. the big
=== Gold Fish and Koi are looking very, very healthy but I am worried
=== something is going down.
===
=== Anyone have any advice, and if needed a cure?
===snip
===

Old 12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Benign Vanilla Pudding

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:45:48 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

===
==="Nedra Sucks" wrote in message
et...
===snip
=== i have news for you dude, your pond is aready heading south.
=== Just stay tuned for the salt, etc baths and canned replies al without
=== knowing more. Want the best answer, go to Koiphen forums or koivet
===
=== koiphen.com
=== koivet.com
===
=== Thats where the serious folks and professionals hang and will be happy
=== to help you with "Correct" info.......instead of a bunch of couch /
=== keyboard diagnosticians.
===snip
===
===I agree Roy...go there. And stay there.

Say what dude.......when you start paying my ISP fee's maybe I will
take some advice from you. Until then I think not.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra Sucks" wrote in message
See what I mean, now your probably sending this person for ich
treatment without even seeing what those white spots
are.........pityfull source of info , and you say I don;t help...At
east I don't diagmnose without a proper scope and seeing the problem
and a more detailed description on the probems.
Keep this crap up BV and I wil have to kill file you!

Read my post again. I said it sounds like. And then I suggested some
products that may provide diagnosis information on the bottles.

And by all means, please do killfile me. I am quite happy with that
response.

Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Derek Broughton

Roy wrote:

===
===I agree Roy...go there. And stay there.

Say what dude.......when you start paying my ISP fee's maybe I will
take some advice from you. Until then I think not.

Why don't you tell us who you are, we'll talk to your ISP, and guess what?
You won't have any ISP fees anymore.

Oh, never mind, look:

and even better your posts even include a link for me to
. I gotta try that!

Please, everybody take the time to complain. Don't forget to send a copy of
one or more of his news postings with all headers - they need the routing
to figure his IP address. Then they just need to see who was logged in to
that IP at the time.

You know, Roy, there are ways to harrass newsgroups where you can't get
caught. What a noob.
--
derek

Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.

========================
Can you describe the white spots in more detail? Are they tiny? Are they
fuzzy? Also, why is such a small pond so overcrowded when all you need do
is net some out and give them away?
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."

Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 PM
~ Windsong ~

"Carl Beyer" wrote in message
I have a small pond in front of my house that is overstocked. Just
going to admit that up front. I live in SoCal, the valley. Nights are
45 to 50 normally. We have had a lot of rain this week.

========================
Can you describe the white spots in more detail? Are they tiny? Are they
fuzzy? Also, why is such a small pond so overcrowded when all you need do
is net some out and give them away?
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway."
~~~~~~~ }((((((o
"They laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they're all the same."
http://www.heartoftn.net/users/windsong/index.html
Completely FREE softwa
http://www.pricelessware.org/thelist/index.htm

Heads Up: 'Life on Mars' SP Is Funky Dr. Personality Ponds 0 26-12-2007 01:55 AM
funky looking protocorm nigel savage Orchids 4 21-12-2005 11:50 PM
Help with funky fish Carl Beyer Ponds 0 12-01-2005 03:52 PM
funky garden lighting spywho United Kingdom 5 02-06-2004 12:24 AM
Funky Fungus Don S. North Carolina 4 03-05-2003 05:44 PM